Metal may be his life, but get a little patience

A big time seller/buyer on Ebay metalismylife won a cd from me 2 weeks ago, today. He e-mails me today at 4pm to tell me he hasn't received the item and that it should have had arrived already. I answer back at 6pm, saying that it will arrive shortly, it takes a few weeks from Canada to the USA. Instead of writing back, he files a complaint of non-receipt with Paypal. After, only 14 days, :wtf: I know metal is his life, but show some patience.

I have over 1000 positive feedback and I am a power seller, could he not simply wait awhile and trust my reputation. Work it out without getting Paypal involved. Mail is something that you can never trust, so why blast me for slow Canadian mail.

A big time seller/buyer on Ebay metalismylife won a cd from me 2 weeks ago, today.  He e-mails me today at 4pm to tell me he hasn't received the item and that it should have had arrived already. I answer back at 6pm, saying that it will arrive shortly, it takes a few weeks from Canada to the USA. Instead of writing back, he files a complaint of non-receipt with Paypal. After, only 14 days,  :wtf:  I know metal is his life, but show some patience.

For we Canadians, the worst part about Paypal chargebacks is unless you can provide a tracking number (which you don't get when you mail packages as oversized letters at the standard rate of $2.99), you're basically fucked and Paypal will decide in favor of the buyer. Meanwhile, to get a tracking number you'd have to pay $9 more and there's no way I'd do that for a CD under $10 or even $20. (Unless, of course, the buyer paid the extra amount which most buyers wouldn't dream of, because it's such an exorbiant Canada Post ripoff. They really need to take a look at the US model where you can send something registered for a only few dollars more.)

At any rate, I've dealt with metalismylife- haven't had any problems. I have had some nasty chargebacks recently for goods apparently not received. All I can say is there's a real problem with Paypal when they will favor a claim put through by an eBay rookie (celticzz05) who just got kicked off eBay over a powerseller with 99.8% positive feedback. I lost $64 on that deal and Paypal went into my account and helped themselves. Bullshit.

The only bit of satisfaction you can get is if a con artist like celticzz05 files a complaint and gets the chargeback, just go to the eBay dispute console right after and file a non-paying bidder report. It worked for me, and I got my fees back. It's even possible to do this if the bidder is still registered.

But it didn't take away the sting of losing $64.

Hope things work between you and metalismylife, Dave.

US Postal services charge flat $7.90 registration fees too, so its not only the Canadians that are ripped off by the respective postal services...

But here is the good part - you can use the custom slip # as sort of trackable number (it seldom shows the final destination, but it shows when and where the package was shipped), hence it is sort of proof of shipment PayPal requires. Try using it in your next paypal dispute and see what will happens.

That took freaking forever to get my Doxy cd. Worth the wait for my towns glam heroes, or at least it's my heroes from my town. That's the second time I've had trouble getting something from Canada. First time the Canadian Post Office couldn't figure out an address so it took them a month or more just to deliver my payment. Last time they put the wrong Zip on the box so it slowed it down. Makes me not want to mess with it. I've got my eye on something from Canada right now. Also makes me wonder if it's worth the trouble. Here's going for 3/3 with Canadian trouble.

If I deal with a seller who is reputable, I will wait until I get my CD. Before I file any charges with PayPal or eBay, I will first deal with the seller. If I am told is has been shipped, I will wait to get it, contact the seller to say that I got it and give positive feedback according. Some people have no patience.

I finally got a response from the guy, here it is:

Hey you fucking PUNK. I was informed by a friend as to what you said in Heavy Harmonies about me. So you're trying to make me look bad when I've never received the CD I won from you 17 days ago. That does make you a FUCKING PUNK! I've won many CDs from Canada and it's never taken 17 days to get here, (and let me remind you again that it's still not here). Refund my money now or I will continue with the Dispute. Believe me PUNK I'll never do business with you again and I'll make sure everyone I know on e-Bay doesn't do business with you either.

Nice!

Hey you fucking PUNK. I was informed by a friend as to what you said in Heavy Harmonies about me. So you're trying to make me look bad when I've never received the CD I won from you 17 days ago. That does make you a FUCKING PUNK!  I've won many CDs from Canada and it's never taken 17 days to get here, (and let me remind you again that it's still not here). Refund my money now or I will continue with the Dispute. Believe me PUNK I'll never do business with you again and I'll make sure everyone I know on e-Bay doesn't do business with you either.

Nice!

Ya, now I bet my socks he will never "receive" the CD no matter what...

So go ahead, dig your postal receipt and give PayPal the customs slip # (it should be printed on the postal receipt, provided you have filled customs green sticker).

Hmm, I'm no expert but he sounds angry. It's not like you slandered him (or is that libel if it's in print, I can never remember... :blink: ).

You know what ... I've been watching the 1st Spiderman movie practically on repeat play over the last few weeks as my little fella loves it..... ANYWAY James Jamison in the movie makes the difference between the two perfectly clear!!! Unfortunately I can't remember what he says !!!!!!!!!! :hijack:

Hmm, I'm no expert but he sounds angry. It's not like you slandered him (or is that libel if it's in print, I can never remember... :blink: ).

You know what ... I've been watching the 1st Spiderman movie practically on repeat play over the last few weeks as my little fella loves it..... ANYWAY James Jamison in the movie makes the difference between the two perfectly clear!!! Unfortunately I can't remember what he says !!!!!!!!!! :hijack:

Peter Parker: Spider-Man wasn’t trying to attack

the city, he was trying to save it. That’s slander.

J. Jonah Jameson: It is not. I resent that.

Slander is spoken. In print, it’s libel.

Hey you fucking PUNK. I was informed by a friend as to what you said in Heavy Harmonies about me. So you're trying to make me look bad when I've never received the CD I won from you 17 days ago. That does make you a FUCKING PUNK!  I've won many CDs from Canada and it's never taken 17 days to get here, (and let me remind you again that it's still not here). Refund my money now or I will continue with the Dispute. Believe me PUNK I'll never do business with you again and I'll make sure everyone I know on e-Bay doesn't do business with you either.

Nice!

Did this "FUCKING PUNK" buy insurance? If not, then his gripe is with the postal service, not you. What an asshole. It's amazing that paypal allows people to file (& win) claims for not receiving product when they haven't purchased insurance. I ALWAYS get a receipt when I mail something...it is at the very least proof that I mailed something to the city, state, & zip where the buyer lives. Of course, I don't know if that would be good enough for the dumbassess at paypal... <_<

And another thing...I recently bought some dvd's from a guy in Canada, & they took 3 weeks to arrive. Definitly the longest it's ever taken for something to arrive from Canada, but still, they got here. I would bet that you're right, though...even when the cd arrives, the jerk will claim "non-receipt"... :lame:

Nice!

Did this "FUCKING PUNK" buy insurance? If not, then his gripe is with the postal service, not you. What an asshole. It's amazing that paypal allows people to file (& win) claims for not receiving product when they haven't purchased insurance. I ALWAYS get a receipt when I mail something...it is at the very least proof that I mailed something to the city, state, & zip where the buyer lives. Of course, I don't know if that would be good enough for the dumbassess at paypal... <_<

The receipt doesn't show any proof of anything other than having paid 2.99$ for shipping and if I ship 6 or 7 cd's than it show 18$ to 21$ in one big clump. It sucks depending on a business (postal services) that have no repercusions if something gets lost or takes forever to arrive.

The receipt doesn't show any proof of anything other than having paid 2.99$ for shipping and if I ship 6 or 7 cd's than it show 18$ to 21$ in one big clump. It sucks depending on a business (postal services) that have no repercusions if something gets lost or takes forever to arrive.

Next time, ask if they can print you out an itemized receipt showing the destination for each parcel you ship...that's what I do...

It will show a # if you fill a custom declaration (green sticker) for the parcel. Here in US the number is something like LC123456789US, and this # is trackable at www.usps.com site.

Filling the green custom sticker is free of charge - I believe you should have similar one in Canada too.

Here's what the form looks like:

form2976_f.jpg

It will show a # if you fill a custom declaration (green sticker) for the parcel. Here in US the number is something like LC123456789US, and this # is trackable at www.usps.com site.

Filling the green custom sticker is free of charge - I believe you should have similar one in Canada too.

Here's what the form looks like:

form2976_f.jpg

We have that for small parcels, which cost 5.60$, I ship as oversized letters for 2.99$ and you can't get a green sticker like the parcels. I try to keep my shipping as cheap as possible, the 4$ dollars I'm asking barely covers the postage and packaging. Iremeber when the US dollar was 75 cents to our 1$, I was actually covering my Ebay fees as well with the 4$. Now with the dollar almost at 90 cents, not anymore. I'm curious to know what the reaction would be if I asked to print each item individually with it's destination?

I love hunting for cd's, I don't mind listing (takes awhile), I love making cash, but I loath having to put my packages in the hands of Canada Post and receiving e-mails about packages that have not yet arrived. The postage problems and Paypal chargebacks sometimes sour the whole Ebay experience.

Maybe it's time to stop using E-Rape. They are not the be all end all to everything. I've sold some stuff (not alot of course like some of you "power" sellers) over the years and have not "had" to us E-Rape one time. Just a thought :)

Maybe it's time to stop using E-Rape. They are not the be all end all to everything. I've sold some stuff (not alot of course like some of you "power" sellers) over the years and have not "had" to us E-Rape one time. Just a thought  :)

As a hobby, I made over 10 grand last year with E-bay, that makes it hard to simply quit.

We have that for small parcels, which cost 5.60$, I ship as oversized letters for 2.99$ and you can't get a green sticker like the parcels. I try to keep my shipping as cheap as possible, the 4$ dollars I'm asking barely covers the postage and packaging.  Iremeber when the US dollar was 75 cents to our 1$, I was actually covering my Ebay fees as well with the 4$. Now with the dollar almost at 90 cents, not anymore.  I'm curious to know what the reaction would be if I asked to print each item individually with it's destination?

I wouldn't even pose it as a question...next time you ship your cd's, simply TELL them that you need an individual receipt for each parcel. You may get some dirty looks from the people in line behind you, but who cares. It's all about covering your ass.

Dave:

Please tell me that this isn't over a 2.99 CD?When I check your closed items thats the only one I see that the person in question has bought from you..That would be enough to make me pull out what little of my hair I have left...

In regards to the advice to sell on other venues other than Ebay I'm all for it-I'm moving most of my stock over to musicstack and other areas doing print advertising etc.E Rape is not the end all be all and the fees coupled with an ever dwindling supply of serious buyers makes it more cost effective to sell elsewhere...Ebay stores?Well they may work for other people but I found that the more I sold the more in debt with fees I got..

Dave give a few other sites a try-you might save a few simoleans!

I don't think ditching eBay is the answer. It's still the biggest game in town. Like most games, you have to know how to play it. Low shipping, low opening bids, no reserves... these are three of the cardinal rules of eBay success. At least from my experience anyway. Having a steady flow of product also helps, and loyal bidders. You can't throw in the towel just because you have a bad week, or a bitchy customer. Persistence is the key. Okay, enough Anthony Robbins for one post! :)

I'm sure nobody [myself included] has no intention of ditching Ebay-but its only going to be part of selling...There are other ways to sell aside from Ebay, and much cheaper ones...its the old adage 'Don't put all your eggs in one basket' I know a lot of people who've cut down on listings and are doing better and getting better prices elsewhere...

For fun I went through some old client lists from when I used to sell full time[oh for those days] and decided to check out all of their ID's...more than 90 % of them hadn't bought anything in over a year...perhaps they have new Ids what have you, but......interesting non the less......

By the way koogs,killer items ending soon .Y :cheer: ou too Dave.... hope you both make buckets of cash,diapers are VERY expensive!

Thanks for the encouragement Relay. Yeah it was for a 2.99$ cd that this whole thing (mess) started. Not that I'm chicken, but to sell somewhere else isn't in the cards for me just yet. Most of what I sell is so unknown, it's bidder who go to war, that make some of my items sell. I also have few cd's to sell at the moment. Plus if I branched out and spent anymore time on the computer, my wife would kill me. :hammer:

or maybe even my computer :pc:

• 3 weeks later...

Found out through a source he did indeed get his cd, about a week after filling his chargeback. So he gets his cd and I lose my money, what a thief. :2up:

• 2 years later...

Still an impatient cock suckin' asshole. :thppt:

Check his feedback collapse and it's only about to get worse come next month when he can't, as a seller, retort with a neg.

Metalismylife's piss poor feedback

Simply avoid this idiot as both a seller and a buyer.