Saints and Sinners

66 mustang

anyone know much about them? I have a couple songs by them and it reminds me a lot of Aldo Nova's Blood On The Bricks cd.

Comments

They had ties to Aldo Nova, he even produced their one and only album (which was released with two different covers). Here is a little bio I wrote

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/saintssinn...tssinners.shtml

This album is worth owning but there is nothing steller there. I can think of 50 other bands that put out one cd in the early '90's that smoke this one. Production didn't help this one out at all. Still there are a few stand outs but the cd keeps going for more everyday.

Pfffffffffffffffth! Saints & Sinners are GREAT!!! I love this album! Durn near wore it out when I finally got my hands on it!!!

"Walk That Walk" is probably my fave tune. "Frankenstein" is simply awesome! "Takin' My Chances" is an absolutely beautiful ballad. "Kiss The Bastards" was written by Jon Bon Jovi and Rachel Bolen....and is very, VERY good!

Yeah......I 'kinda' like this one!!! :bananamac:

Pfffffffffffffffth!  Saints & Sinners are GREAT!!!  I love this album!  Durn near wore it out when I finally got my hands on it!!!

"Walk That Walk" is probably my fave tune.  "Frankenstein" is simply awesome!  "Takin' My Chances" is an absolutely beautiful ballad.  "Kiss The Bastards" was written by Jon Bon Jovi and Rachel Bolen....and is very, VERY good!

Yeah......I 'kinda' like this one!!! :bananamac:

Man, my favorites are completely different. "We Belong" is the true anthem here with an over-the-top AOR chorus. "Rip It Up" is pure Crue!! Love this disc... but not too big on Rick Hughes' prior band, SWORD.

I just got this cd off ebay a few weeks back and play it all the time it. I loved Rick Hughes when he was in Sword and think he has a fantastic voice. I was surprised when I found out he was in this band so I had to track it down.

One question I have is what's up with the 2 different covers? And is one harder to find than the other?

It's surprising to hear the differing faves on this disc. I agree with Koogles that 'We belong' is the essential melodic hard rock track off this disc... a stunning song, that one.

But for me it is 'Slipping into darkness' that clearly steals the show and is by far my fave - a truly tremendous track!!!

Love 'Takin' my chances' as well, and 'Wheels of fire' is probably my fave of the rockers... though there are some great ones like 'Rip it up' etc. Overall, just good solid hard rock - well played, well produced. Always liked this album a lot.

I think my favorite track is Frankenstein, followed by Slipping Into Darkness.

I too was supprised when I 1st found out that it was the same Rick Hughes as the guy in Sword, a band who were criminally underated in my book.

SAINTS & SINNERS...awesome band...in-yer-face attitude, cranking guitars, ripping riffs, huge hooks, explosive choruses, monster vocals...what's not to like? Not a bad song in sight, but for me, "Kiss the Bastards" is an absolute masterpiece, but I'm a sucker for a good revenge tale. :hammer:

'Slipping into darkness' is a awesome track. My fav one on this album.

Love this album!! And I'm not sure how any can NOT like it!!?? *maybe their thinking of that other Saint's and Sinners band...the Ron E. Kayfield one??

the song 'we belong' is indeed the essential track off the superb debut saints n sinners disc, any word of the recordings on what was to the folow up?

wasn't rick postin on this site month ago plugfging his solo album?

:)

Was he?? anyone got the link?

(Glad your all enjoying the video. I've got quite a few different ones uploaded now [ http://www.youtube.com/user/rockposer])

(Glad your all enjoying the video. I've got quite a few different ones uploaded now [  http://www.youtube.com/user/rockposer])

I know I am (after I found it lol!). And I really the others you have on there as well--thanks for sharing them! :banger:

• 3 years later...
Cool. Thanks for the video. :D

video is gone, what a shame

Youtube cancelled my account due to some arse not liking me sharing hard to find videos!!

Anyway, here's a download link - http://rapidshare.com/files/266174895/Sain...k_That_Walk.rar