Manila Thrills Reissue

Malebolgia

I got my 'Manila Thrills - Tomorrow's Waiting' CD in the mail yesterday from Retrospect Records. Fast shipping. Ordered Thursday night, received Monday.

The following is my review of the final product:

**Please note this is my opinion, and I don't expect all of us to agree.**

Sound Quality: Holy shit....these songs will blow your speakers to bits. AWESOME sound. Crisp guitars, crashing cymbals, thunderous drums, and soaring vocals. The production on this disc is fabulous.

Artwork: A superb reproduction of the original cassette artwork with some added pictures of the band that were not in the cassette sleeve. The inside artwork is faithfully reproduced as well. The back of the CD is what really shines. Having absolutely no artwork at all on the cassette, the back cover is all new and all original. VERY professionally done.

The Disc: SILVER PRESSED!!!! The front of the disc is all new artwork, and it looks really good. Gone is the standard Retrospect label, and it is replaced with unique artwork just for this disc. Looks like a professional store bought CD.

I'll post some pics on here to let you folks see what the finished product looks like. I am totally blown away by this disc. I was sooo nervous about it being released, but I'm fucking excited now!!!! Michael and his bandmates will be proud of how this reissue turned out. Sam should be proud too. I know I am.

Here's to Manila Thrills!!!! :drink:

~Scott

P.S. I thought the original 7 songs were great...wait till you check out the 4 bonus tracks!!!!

Track Listing:

1. Gypsy Blood

2. The Long Wait

3. Tomorrow's Waiting

4. Inhibitions

5. Just Gotta Go

6. Simple Pleasures

7. Rain

**Bonus Tracks**

8. Slippin' (Thru The Cracks of a Dream)

9. I'll Be The Light

10. You're On Your Own

11. Hold On To Tomorrow

FRONT COVER

DSC00617.jpg

INSIDE FRONT COVER

DSC00618.jpg

BACK of FRONT COVER

DSC00619.jpg

BACK of DISC INLAY

DSC00623.jpg

FRONT of DISC

DSC00620.jpg

SILVER PRESSED

DSC00621.jpg

WOW!! What can I say. Looks like Sam has put a lot of time and effort into this release. Hats off to Sam and his team. I have heard the songs and yes, they are great too!!. All I can say to the fans is show your support for Sam's silver pressed disc's because we ALL want ALL of Retrospect Records's CD's to be SILVER PRESSED!!

When will he have his 4 new releases on ebay??

Kind Regards

Dave

Suncity Records

Shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll send off a couple of the songs from the disc so you can check 'em out.

I did yesterday but never got a response. I'll send it again.

Shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll send off a couple of the songs from the disc so you can check 'em out.

Sorry bud. I just got home from work about an hour ago. I hate work...it cramps my style. :lame:

WOW!!  What can I say.  Looks like Sam has put a lot of time and effort into this release.  Hats off to Sam and his team.  I have heard the songs and yes, they are great too!!.  All I can say to the fans is show your support for Sam's silver pressed disc's because we ALL want ALL of Retrospect Records's CD's to be SILVER PRESSED!!

When will he have his 4 new releases on ebay??

Kind Regards

Dave

Suncity Records

:agree:

We need to show Sam that this type of release is what we want/expect from any label. Between the clips Scott sent and these pictures, I'm so excited to get this (not in mail today). It'll be a great addition to the collection!

(Dave, kudos on the courteous and professional attitude. We're still ALL (supposed to be) music fans.)

Anyone know how I can get hold of this? It's not up on his website so don't know what the price is, but - judging from the pics & the reviews here - am just about ready to take the next flight to Vegas to pick a copy up!

Anyone know how I can get hold of this?  It's not up on his website so don't know what the price is, but - judging from the pics & the reviews here - am just about ready to take the next flight to Vegas to pick a copy up!

You can pay via PayPal right now if you want Tim.

Make payment to: streetsofmetal@aol.com

Message Heading: Manila Thrills - Tomorrow's Waiting

Payment Amount: $14.99 ($12.99 for the disc + $2.00 shipping)

Sam will send you an email when your disc is in the mail.

Anyone know how I can get hold of this?  It's not up on his website so don't know what the price is, but - judging from the pics & the reviews here - am just about ready to take the next flight to Vegas to pick a copy up!

You can pay via PayPal right now if you want Tim.

Make payment to: streetsofmetal@aol.com

Message Heading: Manila Thrills - Tomorrow's Waiting

Payment Amount: $14.99 ($12.99 for the disc + $2.00 shipping)

Sam will send you an email when your disc is in the mail.

Thanks Scott, I'll do exactly that.... :drink:

Sorry bud. I just got home from work about an hour ago. I hate work...it cramps my style. :lame:

Got 'em, Like 'em, Thanks for sending them out! :drink:

From the samples I've heard, this one sounds great...scans look top notch...and to top it all off pressed on a silver disc...definitely a step in the right direction. I'll be picking this one up for sure. Congrats to Sam on a job well done!

Scott, I'm assuming you submitted this to the site, right?

Noone has submitted Manilla Thrills as of 1:26 EST today...

I've reset the ratings for this CD and have deleted all the off-topic foolishness.

Let's keep this as a review thread please.

Oh, and for the children both artificially lowering and artificially inflating the ratings, knock it off, or I'll simply disable the rating mechanism for this CD.

-Dan

I've reset the ratings for this CD and have deleted all the off-topic foolishness.

Oh, and for the children both artificially lowering and artificially inflating the ratings, knock it off, or I'll simply disable the rating mechanism for this CD.

-Dan

Well done, Dan ! This thread really was getting ridiculous and embarrassing.

-Dan

Well done, Dan ! This thread really was getting ridiculous and embarrassing.

I miss everything... I knew I should have read this thread over the weekend... :(

Hey, just got this, and true to the comments thus far. It's a fine looking professionally produced silver pressed CD. Good sound quality and reasonably priced to boot. In addition shipping was very quick, all in all a fine buying experience for me. :tumbsup:

Thumbs up from my little corner of the world. :drink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.