Retrospect Records News Release

whiplash1972

Hello! It's been a while since I have emailed you so let me fill you in on what's going on at Retrospect Records.

Firstly , I thank you all for your continuing support of this label , we have just released our 100th disc in a matter of 5 months and will continue to provide quality music to the avid collectors and fans of AOR / Glam / Hard Rock etc. This has been nothing short of amazing between the response of our customers and the bands we represent who are absolutely thrilled with finally receiving royalty checks after all these years. It is Retrospect's goal to be the largest re-issue label in the world by the end of 2006 , and with 80 titles slated for release in the next 3 months I think we are right on track.

Retrospect Records is now officially Retrospect Records , Inc. I made the decision to incorporate this label as book-keeping is absolutely essential in maintaining trust with our clients and Uncle Sam (lol) , not to mention the other fringe benefits brought to the table. Retrospect Records Incorporated now has 25 million shares.

Retrospect is also in negotiations with a fairly well-known Japanese label to form a merger that will bring the first subsidiary label of Retrospect into play. Japan has always been an amazing market for 'our' style of music so this just seems to be the logical next step in promoting these criminally overlooked artists. This will be a very exciting venture that will hopefully expand the Retrospect catalog as well as creating an 'empire' (lol).

Other news includes a special feature on Retrospect Records in March from Strutter Magazine in the Netherlands. Also , we just inked deals with distributors in South Korea , Argentina , Germany , Greece and Belgium. Things are looking up.

I'd like to congratulate the band DEFCON for being the fastest and biggest-selling band on the label yet , with their first 100 pressings nearly sold out within 1 month. A second , larger pressing looks imminent.

Anyhoo , enough about the 'biz' , here's what is NEW from Retrospect....

MANILA THRILLS - A fantastic slice of Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal from 1990 , this cd has been digitally remastered and includes 4 bonus tracks. The hooks are there , the vocals soar and the guitar work is razor sharp. ESSENTIAL!

MARIAH - Finally! Mariah's first two albums are now available! So who is Mariah? Featuring guitarist/keyboardist Jimmy Dilella (ex-Tyketto , Britny Fox , Waysted , Doro) and Tim Compton (Lynn Allen) , these guys were the next big thing in the early 90s.....if grunge hadn't destroyed melodic rock. The first album features the song JAIME which was co-written with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora (eventually showing up on Bon Jovi's 1996 solo album). These guys were Bon Jovi's 'pet project' and is a MUST for fans of Blue Tears , Bon Jovi , Journey , Strangeways , Boulevard and classy AOR / Melodic Rock in general.

VIRGIN BLUE - 4 song EP , a lost gem of L.A. Party Rock n Roll / Hair Metal that will be a nice addition to any collection. For fans of: Stage Dolls , Noize Toys , JetBoy , Salty Dog ETC..

NASTY - Another obscure Hair Metal treasure from 1989 similar to Tuff Luck , Motley Crue and London.

Next week will be another update with about 14 new releases.

P.S. There has been talk of Retrospect releasing Kid Wikkid , I have NO interest in working with them or releasing their material.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT - IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RETROSPECT PLEASE EMAIL THEM!!

Sam McCaslin

CEO-President

Retrospect Records, Inc

Guest cerebus

"I'd like to congratulate the band DEFCON for being the fastest and biggest-selling band on the label yet , with their first 100 pressings nearly sold out within 1 month. A second , larger pressing looks imminent."

I THOUGHT ALL OF THE CDS ON RETROSPECT WERE "STRICTLY LIMITED EDITIONS," LIMITED TO A PRESSING OF 100 CD®S?

Nope....not all of them...especially the silver pressed releases.

Im just curious of something...

If Retrospect is only going to press 100 copies of these titles, what good does it to set up distribution outlets overseas? Are these outlets going to be limited to only 10 copies of each title? Why would they want to bother spending the time on such a small number of CDs?

Guest wikkid1
P.S. There has been talk of Retrospect releasing Kid Wikkid , I have NO interest in working with them or releasing their material.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT - IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RETROSPECT PLEASE EMAIL THEM!!

Sam McCaslin

CEO-President

Retrospect Records, Inc

Sam,

Why do you have to keep beating a dead horse? Drop it already, for God's sake. Yes, we all know you're not interested in working with Kidd Wikkid, nor are we interested in working with you. No one really gives a shit, alright? I said what I said and I had every right to say it. You replied and you had every right to. It's done, end of story. We have plenty of offers on the table besides the one you claim not to have made to us (and I can gladly post your email here if anyone wants proof that you DID contact me). We haven't even begun to decide if we even WANT to do a reissue so what does it matter anyway? The world will still turn, people will still breathe air, the sun will still rise, flowers will still grow, etc, etc, even though Retrospect Records doesn't want to do biz with Kidd Wikkid and vice versa. Drop the subject and move on.

And just to show that I'm the bigger man, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your business and I mean that. And no, I still don't want or need your assistance in doing a reissue, nor am I trying to be your bestest buddy. I'm just ready to let bygones be bygones because it's obviously not doing either of us any good to keep going rounds about this. Just drop the bitter attitude and leave it lie. It's getting beyond ridiculous and I'm not going to bother arguing about it anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.