Paris

Captain Howdy

Just downloaded a bunch of live tunes by Paris,the band name used by Bret & the boys before they were Poison!

Now,the tracks I have downloaded seem to be from someones CD as they have a track number before them.

If this is the case,there are a few missing (the highest number is 14 and 3,11,12 & 13 are not available).

Anyone know where I might be able to find the missing tracks?

I might have those somewhere around here. Paris, especially Brett used to trek down from PA to admire the mighty KIX play all the time. Years... and years ago... almost a lifetime ago, I had a copy of about 15 to 20 songs by Paris on cassette. I know I have it around somewhere, being the musical pack-rat that I am. If you don't hear back from me right after the weekend... remind me at the beginning of the week.

I have a 16 track live recording of Paris from 1985. The tracks are:

Looks That Kill

We Belong To The Night

Lipstick Killer

Lightning Strikes

Lets Get Crazy

Sweet Girl

Hot Shot

DOA

Top Dogs

Strutter

Jack You Know

Get It On

You Got Another Thing Comin

Night School

Rock Rock Tonight

Shout At The Devil

I have a 16 track live recording of Paris from 1985. The tracks are:

Looks That Kill

We Belong To The Night

Lipstick Killer

Lightning Strikes

Lets Get Crazy

Sweet Girl

Hot Shot

DOA

Top Dogs

Strutter

Jack You Know

Get It On

You Got Another Thing Comin

Night School

Rock Rock Tonight

Shout At The Devil

Thats the order the track listing I have downloaded is!

As of yet,Looks that kill hasnt downloaded,and I am missing Lipstick Killer,Jack you know,Get it on,You got another thing coming & Rock rock tonight!

I totally forgot about it,but I already have Shout at the devil burned on a CD somewhere as well!

This was a a bootleg live recording,with so-so sound quality,not a bunch of demos like the Hollywood Rose stuff!

If there are any Paris demos out there,I have never found them!

Just downloaded a bunch of live tunes by Paris,the band name used by Bret & the boys before they were Poison!

Now,the tracks I have downloaded seem to be from someones CD as they have a track number before them.

If this is the case,there are a few missing (the highest number is 14 and 3,11,12 & 13 are not available).

Anyone know where I might be able to find the missing tracks?

I downloaded track numbers 1,2,3,11 & 12 some time back as well... quality is pretty poor but haven't got around to listening to them properly yet...

I might have those somewhere around here. Paris, especially Brett used to trek down from PA to admire the mighty KIX play all the time. Years... and years ago... almost a lifetime ago, I had a copy of about 15 to 20 songs by Paris on cassette. I know I have it around somewhere, being the musical pack-rat that I am. If you don't hear back from me right after the weekend... remind me at the beginning of the week.

Seems like Brett took a lot from Kix's live show .....

From what I've read, Jani Lane also took alot from Steve Whitemans catalogue of stage moves <_<

• 2 years later...

Not sure which one came first Paris or Screamin Mimis. Susupect that CCs band was running alongside Paris and the combination became Poison.

What is interesting is that I have a video of Screamin Mimis rehearsing Talk Dirty to Me (with Billy Dior from D'Molls) years before Poison recorded it . Years later on LWTCDI they then claim that all 4 of them wrote it. Seems some others actually should be credited with that.

What is interesting is that I have a video of Screamin Mimis rehearsing Talk Dirty to Me (with Billy Dior from D'Molls) years before Poison recorded it . Years later on LWTCDI they then claim that all 4 of them wrote it. Seems some others actually should be credited with that.

depends. If C.C. wrote the song with no help from his previous bandmates then the story goes that any Poison song, no matter if a certain person wrote 100% of it, would be presented to the band and the others would change just a little bit so the whole band got credit for it. I would think the same happened with Talk Dirty To Me. C.C. probably said "I want to do this song" and then Brett, Bobby and Rikki added something. I remember Rithchie K not really liking this arangement because a song he had written for Native Tongue was given the same treatment

This was a a bootleg live recording,with so-so sound quality,not a bunch of demos like the Hollywood Rose stuff!

i have some Paris demos running around somewhere if anyone is interested.

Demos or not, anyone with "fuck" in their screen name is ok with me. :headbanger:

Demos or not, anyone with "fuck" in their screen name is ok with me. :headbanger:

its a dirty job, but someone has to do it. do you want me to round up said demos?

• 2 months later...

a fuckin month it has been, but Widda ALWAYS delivers the goods.

i think that some of what i have is what Tbone has, but here they are.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mntwn2ezytd

sorry it took me so long.

a fuckin month it has been, but Widda ALWAYS delivers the goods.

i think that some of what i have is what Tbone has, but here they are.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mntwn2ezytd

sorry it took me so long.

Wow, awesome! Thanks. What's the sound quality like on these songs??

Thanx, but sadly thats the same live gig that I already have of theirs (16 tracks in total).

Still appreciated though!

i wondered after i got to reading if they were the same. i will keep my eyes peeled.

:)

• 9 months later...