Best White Band

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's a really hard one. I went with White Lion.

IMO, the best album on the list is White Sister's debut but wasn't too much into the 2nd. Also love Whitesnakes '87 and '89 discs and White Heat's album is pretty cool. But I think White Lion's 'Pride' and 'Mane attraction' bring 'em home pretty safely here.

Koogles are we all running out of ideas or is Black bands next. Will it be Sabbath or Crowes? Personally I love The Black Sweden, great Abba covers.

For me, it's White Heart. Classic Christian melodic hard rock. "Freedom," "Powerhouse," "Tales of Wonder," and "Highlands" are all masterpieces.

I thought someone was being racist :P  White Lion hands down. I forgive them for putting out Mane Attraction and still vote for them :anon:

Mane Attraction kicks ass. You need to give it another listen.

I've listened to it 400 times and it doesn't hold a candle to Pride & Big Game. Very weak imo....

Geoff, why not Whitecross? Are you a Ratt fan by any chance? ...As you can see from the list, there are some good ones, but I'd say Whitecross deserves to be toward the top, even amongst all of these biggies, they are damn good, listen to their S/T (I may even prefer this over the Whitesnake S/T, K, don't throw shit at me LOL ;) but it's a classic in any circle for sure... Try it and see what I mean!

Geoff, why not Whitecross?  Are you a Ratt fan by any chance? ...As you can see from the list, there are some good ones, but I'd say Whitecross deserves to be toward the top, even amongst all of these biggies, they are damn good, listen to their S/T (I may even prefer this over the Whitesnake S/T, K, don't throw shit at me LOL ;) but it's a classic in any circle for sure...  Try it and see what I mean!

Hey mate, sorry... Kip's a buddy of mine and I was just surprised by his pick... but I do agree with you to some extent. I am not a fan of christian hard rock, but I have owned all of Whitecross' albums do enjoy their hard rocking nature. 'Triumphant return' has some great moments, and 'High gear' possesses 'Without your love', 'Coming home' and 'Long road' (am I missing one? I thought there were 4 classics off this one) which I absolutely love. The 2 albums after are also quite good too.

I sold the first 2 on ebay about 3 years ago, and they both fetched me at least usd$40 each which I was over the moon with.

I do like the band musically, don't get me wrong, but the christian message sort of ruins any long-term listening prospects for me as they were very blatant with their message. I still have 4 or 5 of their albums in my collection though... and as I say, I love 4 of the songs on 'High gear'... 'My love'!!!! That's the 4th one - great songs, all 4 of them.

O, okay, I thought maybe you weren't familiar with them. I think your picks of songs are interesting though, as I am more of a fan of the S/T and maybe "Triumphant Return" too ("High Gear" also has its moments I agree), but yeah...

I see your point of view on the whole Christian thing (and I am Christian, but don't necessarily like the whole god connection when I wanna rock my ass off you know), but sometimes it can be quite good... Like for instance Rage Of Angels' 1989 disc is in my top ten of all-time, hands down...

:banger:

Like for instance Rage Of Angels' 1989 disc is in my top ten of all-time, hands down...

:agree: Only heard it for the first time last year, but I loved every second of it. Great disc - not in my top 10 of all time, but an excellent peice of hard rock either way.

And yeah, glad we cleared that up too. I have no problem at all with anyone picking Whitecross from this list if that's who you like best... just personally surprised by Kip's choice. :D

Great White.  I love their vibe and Jack's voice.

Whoops, I said in my first post it was a competition between White Lion, Whitesnake and White Sister, but I forgot about Great White. They were actually the main contenders against White Lion. I LOVE everything Great White have done... as Chad correctly says, they have such an awesome vibe and their debut and the 'Once bitten' and 'Twice shy' albums are truly superb. I actually really miss 'em. And Kendall on the axe... what a player!!! HUGE fan of the band and they're easily my 2nd choice from this list. :)

Like for instance Rage Of Angels' 1989 disc is in my top ten of all-time, hands down...

:agree: Only heard it for the first time last year, but I loved every second of it. Great disc - not in my top 10 of all time, but an excellent peice of hard rock either way.

And yeah, glad we cleared that up too. I have no problem at all with anyone picking Whitecross from this list if that's who you like best... just personally surprised by Kip's choice. :D

Hmmm, I love Whitecross, but I cannot pull myself together to say their my definitive fav out of this great batch of bands... I too love Great White, White Lion, White Sister, Whitesnake (just a classic '87 release that's undeniable), heck I even dig the hell out of the rare White Eagle "Bustin" disc you know, but my only point was I think Whitecross can hold their own in this group, and I thought you were suggesting that someone is nuts for picking them (cuz I thought maybe you hadn't heard them), but I can see clearly now that this isn't the case and you've even jumped into some Christian boundaries (as I kinda remember you saying you hated Christian tunes maybe from another post), but right on Geoff, seems like you and I have similar tastes really...

:banger:

White Sister & White Heart by a long mile.

The White Sister debut is one of the best Hard AOR/Pomp releases ever (the 2nd album was no slouch either), whilst White Heart's 'Tales Of Wonder' is just that - Wonderful and one of the bestest AOR albums in my collection. :headbanger::headbanger:

If I have to choose (which I do) then White Sister by the narrowest margin.

White Sister without a doubt

• 1 year later...