any comment?

Well..looks good. Just not to crazy about the seller having no feedback.

yeah.....who knows on this one...anybody here a gambler??? :)

ain't that pic he is using on the surrender cd the one we always see on ebay....seems like everyone steals that one from Dale Plantz' website....that one looks fishy.....

ain't that pic he is using on the surrender cd the one we always see on ebay....seems like everyone steals that one from Dale Plantz' website....that one looks fishy.....

Ya, seems he uses downloaded pictures. Check out Big Bang Babies or NVC pictures for example - they show the old eBay watermark under the current one, so they had been downloaded from previous eBay auctions...

Hmmmm...., nice CD's, but the shipping cost are horrendous. 10$ to Germany ??? :fu:

Who is this guy ? Would be interesting to know.

the seller's actually selling alegitimate copy of stage dolls - commandos and not the bootleg u.s pressing. :)

Just to correct you, there WAS an official U.S release of "Commandos" on Big-Time records therefore not all U.S releases of it are bootlegs. This is a fact, according to the band members & their manager (who I contacted to confirm the legitimacy of my copy).

i would email him and ask for references

Maybe he is a vendor and all those are the new Restrospect Releases 80esmetalcolelctor hasd been raving about recently :)

Ironically , Sam is currently in negotiations with a number of those bands...

He will be announcing a monstrous 27 releases within 2 weeks. Some real gems including Mariah , Manila Thrills and tons more. I think a lot of collectors and H.H. regulars are going to crap their pants. I know I did. I find it amazing that he will have released over 110 titles in 5 months. Who else is doing that? :banger:

As far as this thread goes , I'd be very wary of anyone selling apparent originals of all those discs with 0 feedback. I won't be bidding.

This wouldn't possibly be our lil buddy Arwine selling some of his toys would it? <_<

Scratch that.....this seller appears to be in Minnesota ;)

I messaged him and asked him this:

Do you happen to have REAL pics of these cd's you are selling and NOT ones copied off the internet? The eBay watermark is on the pics from the original times they were posted, and copied and now reposted.

Oh, & this guy doesn't accept paypal. How many more red flags could there be?

This is exciting news on Retrospect, I particularly like the fact he puts soundbytes of the albums on his site. I have never heard of most of these Indies, so to get some soundclips is great. Have heard a lot of good things about Manila Thrills...

Wouldn't touch it with somebody elses bargepole. Somebody just happens to be selling a load of extreemly rare stuff as the first thing s/he sells. How on earth did they come across all this stuff? Just happened to rifle through their collection and found they had a few rarities?

More red flags than a busload of Chinese patriots

Can you spot all 10?

(answers below)

1. Too good to be true titles

2. Paypal not accepted

3. Zero feedback

4. Only been on eBay since Jan 9, 2006

5. Exorbiant shipping costs

6. Scans are copied from the web

7. 3-day listings: indicates quick cash grab

8. Use of the words "mint condition copy"- later

justifiable if selling a "copy" and not the original.

9. Nothing in the auction ad to deny/repute the CDs

are burned copies or bootlegs.

10. We don't know him/her/it here on Heavy Harmonies.

Still no response from the seller about getting REAL pics of the cd's he's selling. <_<

i got a million copys of stage dolls - commandos shiping is $50 to anywhere

who will start me off at $200 :P & no red flags ;)

the seller's actually selling alegitimate copy of stage dolls - commandos and not the bootleg u.s pressing. :)

Just to correct you, there WAS an official U.S release of "Commandos" on Big-Time records therefore not all U.S releases of it are bootlegs. This is a fact, according to the band members & their manager (who I contacted to confirm the legitimacy of my copy).

rest assured tim, a few sellers have confirmed stage dolls - commandos 's u.s pressing on big time is indeed a bootleg pressed in sweden.

anyone here recall seeing a website from a few years that did state stage dolls - commandos having never been pressed on cd according to label or someone connected to the label?

Hi there.If you look at Stage Dolls homepage.www.stagedolls.com.And look under

Biography you will find that the Commandos cd WAS realeased in the U.S on the BIgTime Records label.Should the information on the official band site be wrong?

Perhaps the sources who says it´s a bootleg have more information than the band

itself.

Take a look on www.stagedolls.com.

But with the large amount of Commandos floating around on Ebay right now,of course you get suspicious.

Reagan

Hi guys,

I got a reply from this seller:

"Hi there!

This is a proper factory pressed CD not a cd-r.

The label is Big time.

Best wishes/Per"

Who of you is going to be the first to order ??

:P

Hi there.If you look at Stage Dolls homepage.www.stagedolls.com.And look under

Biography you will find that the Commandos cd WAS realeased in the U.S on the BIgTime Records label.Should the information on the official band site be wrong?

Perhaps the sources who says it´s a bootleg have more information than the band

itself.

Take a look  on www.stagedolls.com.

But with the large amount of Commandos floating around on Ebay right now,of course you get suspicious.

Reagan

Yep. I contacted the band & their Manager (as I have a U.S copy on CD & wanted to find out if it was legitimate). The band confirmed it was official & they took royalties from the U.S pressing, which verifies it as an official release IMO. I suggest various people check their facts before making totally unfounded statements about CD's.

That said, there are a LOT of bootleg copes of this U.S version (which has superior packaging & was remastered) floating around. Several people have P.M'd me for scans & codes from mine to check the authenticity of the copies being sold.