Best THUNDER album

which one to start with?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Backstreet Symphony" without any hesitation. "Dirty Love" ..... that's all she wrote!!! First song I ever heard by the band.....and I was hooked!

"Backstreet Symphony" without any hesitation.  "Dirty Love" ..... that's all she wrote!!!  First song I ever heard by the band.....and I was hooked!

Yep, without hesitation... "Backstreet Symphony" :banana::banger:

This is one band I have never had dealings with... sort of. I got a tape of 'Laughing on judgement day' about 10 years ago, did not get into it at all - not even one song - and I never touched on them again. Am I missing out? I always thought they were just a bluesy band without the melodic rock edge. Is that right, or could a melodic rocker still be interested in them?

I like Great White, but that's pretty much as far as my bluesy tolerance goes. :)

As a huge Thunder fan,I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they have not even come close to equalling the brilliance of Backstreet Symphony!

The rest of their albums are great,but their debut just stands head & shoulders above anything else!

This is one band I have never had dealings with... sort of. I got a tape of 'Laughing on judgement day' about 10 years ago, did not get into it at all - not even one song - and I never touched on them again. Am I missing out? I always thought they were just a bluesy band without the melodic rock edge. Is that right, or could a melodic rocker still be interested in them?

I like Great White, but that's pretty much as far as my bluesy tolerance goes. :)

Hey Geoff,

I don't think you're missing much (although my opinion is often a very lonely one!) They had a couple of killer tunes on the debut but not melodic enough for me either. As far as bluesy Melodic rock goes, that JAGGED EDGE "Fuel for Your Soul" album kills all others IMO.

Hey Geoff,

I don't think you're missing much (although my opinion is often a very lonely one!) They had a couple of killer tunes on the debut but not melodic enough for me either. As far as bluesy Melodic rock goes, that JAGGED EDGE "Fuel for Your Soul" album kills all others IMO.

Agree with you on that one Tim (2) - the Jagged Edge one is a beautiful album... the melodic tracks are just sensational.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome band.

I would say Backstreet Symphony but i also love, Giving The Game Away , Laughing On Judgement Day and The Magnificent Seventh :tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

bought Thunders second album now. While Backstreet was a very fun blues based hard rock album that I have grown to love the second album has lost some of the "fun" aspects fo the 80's metal movement and went with more of the blues based sound ala Bad Company. Not that is is bad but is isn't as fun as the first cd.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
what would you pick to introduce someone to the band

that first cd is classic. SO glad I took your all advice. It is one of the most played cd I have gotten in the last couple years. I so love the first cd, it has a blues rock like early Bad Company but the fun of the 80's style bands.

"Backstreet Symphony" without any hesitation. "Dirty Love" ..... that's all she wrote!!! First song I ever heard by the band.....and I was hooked!

Couldn't agree more! Great album! My fav by far :)

• 1 year later...
lets bring this back up since Thunder is in the news again.

Very fitting and I'll go on record as saying I love all there albums but I'm still waiting on Robert Johnson's Tombstone and Bang to arrive which I have on order and should be here any day now and to simply put it, they would just be behind :bowdown: Bad Company when it comes to my favourite bands of all time so they too are very worthy of a :bowdown: