Bo Bice

66 mustang

From what I saw on Idol I thought it was going to be a more Badlands / Sabbath kind of (for me) unspectaular, hook-free, boring, if you will, hard rock. But it ain't. It is a little 'poppy' I guess you could say because the choruses are like fishing trips with massive hooks, but I don't think it's half bad. I quite enjoy a few tracks off it.

And someone involved in the project has some spectacular taste too because there's a version of SR-71's 'My world' included. I think it's a good solid rock album. I wouldn't call it 'pop' by any stretch of the imagination. It's rock, but radio friendly rock.

I may have to pick this one up... if for no other reason then because of the SR-71 song. I'm interested in hearing this song. I know this song means a whole lot to Mitch (singer of SR-71). He wrote it after Jeff (original bass player of SR-71) had told him that he (Jeff) had cancer and wanted to leave the band for the good of the band. Mitch wouldn't let Jeff quit at that point, he wanted Jeff to record the 2nd album. "My World" is about Mitch's feeling after learning of Jeff's condition. Strange how different a song is when you know the true meaning behind it. It's kind of an haunting song and made even more so by having Jeff play on the song. For me, it's one of those songs that I get goose bumps listening to.

So... to answer the question... yeah... I'll pick this one up.

I may have to pick this one up... if for no other reason then because of the SR-71 song. I'm interested in hearing this song. I know this song means a whole lot to Mitch (singer of SR-71). He wrote it after Jeff (original bass player of SR-71) had told him that he (Jeff) had cancer and wanted to leave the band for the good of the band. Mitch wouldn't let Jeff quit at that point, he wanted Jeff to record the 2nd album. "My World" is about Mitch's feeling after learning of Jeff's condition. Strange how different a song is when you know the true meaning behind it. It's kind of an haunting song and made even more so by having Jeff play on the song. For me, it's one of those songs that I get goose bumps listening to.

Very true Dave. That song has always been a strong favourite of mine, and even before you told me what it meant to the band I think it already gave me chills, but whenever I've heard it after that I've been left a goose-flesh riddled man. It's very sad, but a beautiful song anyway. I hope it's a single and does really well. Hell, Bowling For Soup had success with one of SR-71's songs ('1985' for those who don't know) so why not Bo?

Now, if someone of musical influence would just realise the worth of the source of these songs...

I got this one a few days back and I have to say its pretty bland and by the numbers. Bice's vocals don't sound as good on the higher registers and the choruses blend together too much. I enjoy the slower songs more. I guess nothing is terrible on the disc but nothing hit me hard.

On the flip side I also got Carrie Underwood's new album at the same time and I really enjoyed that one a lot. I counted 5 gems of songs on it, but sadly I'm in the wrong forum to hype up a country album so I'll just end this with the right person won Idol last year.

:P

Very true Dave. That song has always been a strong favourite of mine, and even before you told me what it meant to the band I think it already gave me chills, but whenever I've heard it after that I've been left a goose-flesh riddled man. It's very sad, but a beautiful song anyway. I hope it's a single and does really well. Hell, Bowling For Soup had success with one of SR-71's songs ('1985' for those who don't know) so why not Bo?

Now, if someone of musical influence would just realise the worth of the source of these songs...

:doh: ... What was I thinking...? On the way to the KIX show last night, I realized that I blew it with my responce to Geoff's first responce in ths thread. "My World" is not the song written after Mitch found out about Jeff's cancer. That song would be "In My Mind".

I did pick up the Bo Bice CD today... I'll listen to it today and report back.

Thanks... Dave

:doh: ... What was I thinking...? On the way to the KIX show last night, I realized that I blew it with my responce to Geoff's first responce in ths thread. "My World" is not the song written after Mitch found out about Jeff's cancer. That song would be "In My Mind".

I did pick up the Bo Bice CD today... I'll listen to it today and report back.

Thanks... Dave

LOL... no worries mate. Funny thing is, I was listening to the Bo Bice CD on the way home that very day and 'My world' hit the speakers and I was thinking... hey, wait a minute. This doesn't sound like the lyrics for the song Dave was talking about. Thought something was up, but now with that reply I again understand the origin of my thoughts on the SR-71 song, so please transfer my previous post to be in reference to 'In my mind'.

As for the Bo Bice CD, some fillers but man this thing has some great commercial rockers on it. I quite like the damn thing. :)

so I got the album. here are my thought's. On American Idol he showed two sides, a modern rockish side and a southern rock side. on this album he (or the powers that be) have totaly dismissed that southern rock side of him. It makes the album a bit bland overall but passable. hope the next album he has more time to make it and find better songs (by his own hand or by other's songs)

What kinda name is Bo Bice?

...what kind of name is "Alice" Cooper? or "Nikki" Sixx?

I dated a girl named Nikki once. Have you ever dated a girl named Bo?? Outside of prison, I mean.

Whats unusual about a man called Nikki?

Its quite normal for someone called Nicholas to call themselves Nikki.

I once new a girl called Bo Andarrow. She was very sharp-witted.

Really? What a coincidence! I once knew a girl down in the hills of Pennsyl-tucky and her name was one of those hillbilly concoctions: Bo Ann Darrow. (She claimed to be a relative of Clarence, but it had to be way back down the line. She was a bit unrefined. Though, she was pretty talented. She could spit her 'backy juice a full 2 yards farther than I did.)

I never got past 2nd base with her, though. Probably because I'm a :loser: .

I once new a girl called Bo Andarrow. She was very sharp-witted.

Really? What a coincidence! I once knew a girl down in the hills of Pennsyl-tucky and her name was one of those hillbilly concoctions: Bo Ann Darrow. (She claimed to be a relative of Clarence, but it had to be way back down the line. She was a bit unrefined. Though, she was pretty talented. She could spit her 'backy juice a full 2 yards farther than I did.)

I never got past 2nd base with her, though. Probably because I'm a :loser: .

Ah, ol' Bo Anne. She was a real looker, hey? She could chew an apple through a wire fence. I had 2 of her kids, she ate them and we parted. I used to call her 'Boannie'. Nice girl.

Have you ever dated a girl named Bo?? Outside of prison, I mean.

I might not have dated a girl called Bo,but I have wanked over Bo Derek if that counts!

:o

TMI, Captain!!! TMFI!!!! :rofl2:

hmmm, I don't know, I kinda liked the rocky southern kinda vibe, on first listen, this seems to be more in the modern realm, I will keep listening!!!

Just can't get into this CD as a whole. A couple ok songs... but nothing that really stands out.

Does anyone know what the first single is? I wouldn't know, I never listen to radio. My hope is that "My World" is released as a single.

Just can't get into this CD as a whole. A couple ok songs... but nothing that really stands out.

Does anyone know what the first single is? I wouldn't know, I never listen to radio. My hope is that "My World" is released as a single.

I'd bet all my money on the title track, but I echo your sentiments. Hope it's 'My world' that makes it all work out for him. :)