Poley / Rivera

66 mustang

TED POLEY JOINS FORCES WITH ADRIANGALE'S VIC RIVERA!:

I am very pleased to announce the new project details for the ever popular Ted Poley. I am very proud to announce an exciting new commitment by Ted Poley and Victor Rivera to a long term project which will be known as Poley / Rivera.

As you already know, Ted has a huge worldwide fanbase and is still actively touring as the singer for Danger Danger, undeniably one of the most popular bands of its genre. He will be continuing to be a part of Danger Danger, but there are many regulars to this site that always look forward to his own projects. Ted hopes to add even more new fans with Poley / Rivera.

Over the past few years, Vic Rivera has also built a solid worldwide fanbase and a great reputation, producing high quality work as the main writer, guitarist and driving force behind the highly acclaimed band Adriangale - none more than the spectacular Crunch record.

Vic's work with Adriangale has clearly defined and showcased his massive writing and production talents as well as his obvious top level musicianship, all of which is again clearly evident to the listener on the first spin. The songs and sounds that will be presented to the world by Poley / Rivera will be nothing less than awesome. I can add that I have heard 2 brand new, fresh out of the studio demos and am happy to report that the boys are right on track!

stay tuned for updates as the guys search for the right home for this anticipated project.

melodicrock.com

How sloppy, I was going to check in at Melodicrock.com on Saturday to see what the big announcement was, never got around to it. But this is awesome news.

I'd be delighted to hear that Adriangale were going to keep on going, just with Ted at the vocal helm. That would be awesome itself, but I'm sure this will be killer stuff anyway. Can't wait to hear the results!!!

• 2 years later...

clips and news are up at melidicrock.com and i must say the clips sound really good

"The anticipated debut release from Ted Poley (Danger Danger) and Vic Rivera (Adriangale/Crunch) will be released November 3. Poley / Rivera Only Human is a set of classic melodic rock/AOR tunes that will hit the bullseye for long time fans of both Ted and Vic."

Eh, I hate to say it, but I'm so over Ted Poley's other projects. The only thing he was really ever awesome in was Danger Danger IMO. Danger Danger "Screw It" is one of my all time favorite cds. It just seems in all his other projects that the songwriting and his vocal range is lackluster. Bruno Ravel and Steve West need to write him some tunes that whip him back into shape with what I know he's capable of doing with his voice.

Is this that same album I pretty much wrote off all but 3 or so songs a while ago? I forget. I love all things Poley, but I agree with Chris. Deliver some new Danger Danger!!! Please!

Is this that same album I pretty much wrote off all but 3 or so songs a while ago? I forget. I love all things Poley, but I agree with Chris. Deliver some new Danger Danger!!! Please!

They are writing songs for it right now last I read, and it should be out early 2009.

I still love both Bone Machine releases and 'Collatral Damage'. :tumbsup:

They are writing songs for it right now last I read, and it should be out early 2009.

Disappearing Inc. is criminally underrated.

Disappearing Inc. is criminally underrated.

B-B-B-B-Backed. :tumbsup:

I love everything form this two rockers.

I expect a masterpiece.

About Bone machine, my favorite is the live "Search and destroy".

About Poley I love also is project "Melodica".

The only one I don't like is Poley-Pichler album from Z records.

Whoa...I thought Poley's 2 solo releases, Collateral Damage and Smile were quite good but judging from other comments here I may be in the minority on this..... :shocked:

Don't be afraid, you're not alone on this one, I like them both too !!

Just wish Ted would stick to a band or partner a little longer because by the time I've played a cd from one of his projects (and liked it) he already has something new.

Whoa...I thought Poley's 2 solo releases, Collateral Damage and Smile were quite good but judging from other comments here I may be in the minority on this..... :shocked:

Not at all mate. I love the shit out of them too.

I just remembered, Pleasure Dome is the only Poley project I don't love. Can't wait for this new one though. Should be a monster.

I love Collateral Damage but have never heard Smile yet.

Love them both but prefer CD over Smile.

• 2 months later...
anyone got this yet?

I'll be honest...I have been a huge critic of Poley since the Bone Machine albums but this cd is absolutely awesome! I expected nothing and got everything. I think everyone is going to really enjoy this cd.

anyone got this yet?

I'll be honest...I have been a huge critic of Poley since the Bone Machine albums but this cd is absolutely awesome! I expected nothing and got everything. I think everyone is going to really enjoy this cd.

Is it just a continuation of the two recent Poley solo albums?

anyone got this yet?

Is it just a continuation of the two recent Poley solo albums?

Myspace

'Insanity' and 'Did we just have a moment' sound amazing. Much ballsier sound than his solo albums and the songs sound really strong. Big call to make based on a few samples, but this one sounds like it might be a late contender for album of the year 2008... I need to hear it.