__________ is my favourite band ever because ___________...

Geoff

there sure as hell is nothing wrong with stating Bon Jovi as you're all time fave, Dr Feelgood. :)

There definitely isn't, Geoff! They get some unnecessary rap, according to me.

The long explanation for why they're my favourite was just to counter your extremely short posts. :P

Just playin', mate! Have always found your comments to be interesting to read, and i always check your reviews on the band pages before getting an album!

Cheers!

:drink:

KISS is my favourite band ever because every other band pales in comparison.

there sure as hell is nothing wrong with stating Bon Jovi as you're all time fave, Dr Feelgood. :)

There definitely isn't, Geoff! They get some unnecessary rap, according to me.

The long explanation for why they're my favourite was just to counter your extremely short posts. :P

Just playin', mate! Have always found your comments to be interesting to read, and i always check your reviews on the band pages before getting an album!

Cheers!

:drink:

:lol: LOL... thanks mate, some kind words there. Appreciate it. :drink:

My post are always extremely short, aren't they? I really have to work one that.

... I wonder why they always are so short? I don't want to give off the impression I don't have much to say. Maybe that's it... that I'm scared what people will think. I don't want to say too much, come off like some sort of wanker or something. There's some guys here who just talk shit all the time and I'd hate to be one of them. Imagine I was one of those guys who started making stupid threads with mindless questions, or someone who tried to squeeze in a comment on sex and it's worth on every single page of this site. That'd make me a real toss-burger, and that's just not the image I want for myself.

So why do I write such small posts? I can't understand why, and who knows, I'll probably never know.

I'm just destined to write small posts and that's life, what god intended for me and my fingers and all the readers here... an munchkins. Munchkins often are overlooked because of their short stature, but should not be overlooked. Some are quite sexual beings and have nice sex features, if you're that way inclined... or a fellow munchkin.

Have you ever wondered if you're a munchkin? I haven't. I doubt my cat has either.

Anyway, I'm sorry for my consistently short posts, mate, I'll try to work on it and put a bit of substance in future posts. :huhsign:

:lame::gone::loser: Merry Christmas all! :christmas:

• 2 weeks later...

This may be impossible for me. I was born in the 1960's and my older sisters collected 45 RPM singles. I grew up listening to those records first and forming early opions as to what I liked and didn't like. When I began to buy albums in the 70's the first group that I really focused on and considered my faves were the Beatles. Although they had only disbanded a few years before I was considered "square" by some others for not following current trends I guess. From there I got into the Kinks, Stones and then Creedence. I really liked Queen and Bad Company although I could never have dreamed of Paul Rodgers joining Queen! The sound of British artists playing blues-based rock was really shaping my taste and I began discovering old blues and folk music artists but then I heard Lynyrd Skynyrd and became hooked. After the plane crash, Blackfoot was the best for me. Things were getting heavier as I discovered AC/DC and Scorpions and then Def Leppard and Iron Maiden. Y&T jumped to the top of my list for awhile. In the mid-80's bar bands seemed to stop playing covers. Their attitude was like "we're the best thing to ever come along and we don't take requests so like it or leave it." The drinking age was raised from 18 to 21 and the crowds thinned out. Since then I've tried to support my old favorites and discover new music that I like. It's rare that I come across music that I really like but when I do I get excited but I know that disaster could strike at any time (Ronnie Van Zant, Bon Scott and Frank Starr all died soon after I became a fan). Alot of what is new to me was released long ago but had been overlooked so I am always interested in finding something "new" (I am just discovering Funny Money and Hardline). I don't consider myself to be fickle because I still love all of the music that I ever did.

Because of their influence on shaping my taste in music, LYNYRD SKYNYRD is my favourite band ever.

KISS is my favorite band.

Why?

I was 5 yrs old in 1977 & I remember seeing this bright colored square at some dept. store. Turned out to be Rock'n'Roll Over. I begged my mom for it (she remembers) and I walked out of there with it. Mom was cool, she put it on but I could've cared less, the picture was what I wanted. Ever since then I've been hooked. Image was awesome, I eventually listened to the music.

Like them or not, KISS was HUGE in the mid to late 70s. In the 80s, it was Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, etc. If you were a band on the cover of Circus or Hit Parader, you were top of the ladder with the people I grew up with. I took a lot of crap (still do) for being into KISS when everyone was into Crue, Jovi, or GnR. The arguements I used to get into over which band was better (KISS vs. Crue) in middle school & high school were great because I would always use the fact that Crue opened for KISS. I remember going to the Theatre Of Pain & Girls, Girls, Girls concerts wearing my Animalize tour shirt! I was the only one into KISS & it was like my "badge of honor". Sounds corny! To this day, I'm at the record store first to get a new KISS album day of release.....even for the live albums, greatest hits, & box sets.

I'm not going to use Gene & Paul's cliches but KISS is the reason I got into Rock, Metal, AOR, etc.

Difficult to pick just one Fave band, but if I have to then I'll go for Toto. Lukather on guitar, Mike Porcaro on Bass, Jeff Porcaro (now Simon Phillips) on drums, Kimball,Fredriksen & Williams on Vox and Steve Porcaro/Dave Paich on keys. Pretty much a Musicians dream lineup and the best in the biz. Add to that a consistently fine set of albums since 1978 (and more importantly not a single one I don't like) then they have to get my vote.

Tesla is the best band in the world(imo).Why I think that?The first time I ever heard them I was watching MTV when they played Modern Day Cowboy for the very first time,and it blew me away.They came out in a time when everyone was into the makeup,big hair with tons of aquanet,flashy clothes(nothing wrong with all that,I kind of miss it in todays bands!)and they were none of that(even though in the beginning they used a little hairspray).They were the first band I seen live when they opened for Def Lep on the Hysteria tour,they came out and just rocked,no big light show,no pyro,just loud rock and roll.(Of course I enjoyed Def Lep's big stage production as well,it works for them)They were also the first big time rock band I ever met in person.They would fit in,in any decade or generation of music.They are what straight up rock and roll is all about.Before anyone argues with me,this is just my opinion. :)

Tesla is the best band in the world(imo). They would fit in,in any decade or generation of music. They are what straight up rock and roll is all about. Before anyone argues with me,this is just my opinion. :)

No arguments here. Probably not my single fave band in the world but a truly remarkable band anyway and one of my all-time faves also. 'Song and emotion' may just be the best song ever penned... and they had plenty more to back it up :)

very hard question, but I will narrow it down to 2,

Judas Priest and Queen

only because tons of stuff I like the bands only have one or two albums, those two bands have a liftime of stuff

if I have to add a few more for lifetime achievement, I would add Kate Bush, Renaissance, Nektar, Yes, JTull, PFloyd, LZep, Who, Marillion, Journey, Bad Co, ACDC, Scorpions, Marrillion, DLep, BJovi, and etc

• 2023 Gold Donors
Def Leppard.  Why?  Because they're f*ckin' awesome, that's why.

So yeah.....it will always be Def Leppard for me.

:dance: "DO YA WANNA GET ROCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKED???" :dance:

:agree: Yeah!!!! What she said. One day they will rule the universe :respect:

• 3 years later...

My favourites are ......

Rush

Styx

Journey

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

38 Special

UFO (74 - 78)

Toto

Night Ranger

Loverboy

Survivor

If I pick one it is probably Rush as they IMO have the most top notch albums of any band I like, they`re different to any other band that I`m aware of, all that quality and only 3 brilliant musicians.

Probably the most consistently great live band, certainly out of the one`s that I have seen! :tumbsup:

why does it seem there was more love for Bon Jovi before i joined here :unsure:

anyways, my fave band is Bon Jovi, simply because it sounds perfect to me....its the first rock band i got into and so everything else is compared to them, its the gold standard for me....i heard them and that aws a sound i loved back then and even now that i listen to 500 bands, they are stil what a rock band should be IMO

i love everything about their songs, no matter which album....i guess im a fanboy, but its one of thse things where you just get so much into a band that their sound is the sound of perfection to you...

without them i wouldnt be where i am today, id be a very different person indeed....considering my guitar style is based on Richies and Slash's combined, but i wouldnt play guitar if it wasnt for the solo on Wanted Dead or Alive and the Blaze of Glory solo (although this was Aldo Nova i believe)

i heard the electric guitar, i saw the videos with them in leathers and Sambora playing a JAckson superstrat into a Marshall stack and that was it, ROCK had entered my life :D

X-it is my favorite band ever because ...

Even though they were a local Erie, PA band, I got involved with them when I was at a low point in my life where my husband at the time was being a real prick. I was working at an ad agency and during my first week there, the most beautiful boy I had ever seen walked in. Tall, long wavy blond hair, tight jeans, boots, intense. Turned out he was the agency's owner's son and he was the lead guitarist for a band. Well of course I had to go see them and little by little, I ended up typing up their set lists, selling merchandise at the shows, photographing them, going to their practices, hanging out at other times ... they just made me feel like I was important and gave me the courage to tell the ex- to f-off. But more than that, their music was awesome. It was one of those CD's I could listen to over and over without getting bored. Their shows were a mix of originals and covers, but their originals got more attention from the crowds than the covers. Their second cassette release was just as good. They went off to California and some came back and some didn't. They were one band that REALLY should've made it and it's a shame that the rest of the world didn't get to experience their music. I still keep in touch sporadically with some of the band members. And that beautiful guitar player ... he still is.

But for more mainstream bigger label bands, I guess it would have to be .... Metallica. I know, I know, they're not the most talented musicians, don't rag on me for that, but there's something about James Hetfield's voice that draws me in. I could listen all day. I can't say that any of their albums as a whole is a favorite though.

Close second has to be Queensryche, then Rush. I like their "story songs". Sort of "intellectual rock". Operation Mindcrime is one of my all time favorite albums, as is Hemispheres by Rush.

Also in my top bands has to be Monster Magnet, Styx, Bad English, Damn Yankees and Journey.

Well there's going to be no surprises here........my fav band is Journey and here's the reason why -

First off the band. Several lead singers along the way, but my fav easily is Steve Perry. A few will no doubt disagree but probably recognised as THE voice of AOR throughout the 80s. Schon - my fav guitarist. Every Journey song seems to have a bloody great solo in it.......whether it be ballads or rockers. The guy smokes live too. & the rest....well firstly Steve Smith, followed by Dean. 2 great drummers and what a voice on Dean too. Ross - a very underrated bass player. & wouldnt be complete without mentioning J Cain - a prize dick - but changed the face of Journey when he joined the band on the Escape tour.

Secondly the song writing. I doubt there has ever been better song writing partnerships than Schon/Cain......Cain/Perry.....Schon/Perry. Whichever you choose.

Thirdly the albums. Only band I know that has released 3 (virtually) filler free back to back albums - Infinity/Evolution/Escape. However, Frontiers, Raised on Radio and Revelation are all snapping at their awesome heels IMO. Arrival and Departure arent too shabby either....I make that 8!

Live - never saw them with Perry, but ive seen the vids and heard the bootlegs :bowdown: I dont think they fully clicked with JSS, but with Arnel Pineda they are back and firing on all cylinders. Their London show earlier in the year was totally awesome.....

On a side issue, there have obviously been some rocky times for Journey in recent years...the click tapes, Augeri out, JSS in, JSS fired.....a singer from You Tube. But you know what, at the end of the day its the music that counts and to come back and record an album like Revelation after 20 odd years is nothing short of remarkable.....its still my fav release this year...and its been a very good year!

& lastly, the most important reason why I love Journey - 11 or 12 years old - whacking on that vinyl of Escape in my bros bedroom and us both being blown away. Still does that now, nearly 30 years down the line....the sign of a great great album. My fav infact. :tumbsup:

Over and out.

Well there's going to be no surprises here........my fav band is Journey and here's the reason why -

First off the band. Several lead singers along the way, but my fav easily is Steve Perry. A few will no doubt disagree but probably recognised as THE voice of AOR throughout the 80s. Schon - my fav guitarist. Every Journey song seems to have a bloody great solo in it.......whether it be ballads or rockers. The guy smokes live too. & the rest....well firstly Steve Smith, followed by Dean. 2 great drummers and what a voice on Dean too. Ross - a very underrated bass player. & wouldnt be complete without mentioning J Cain - a prize dick - but changed the face of Journey when he joined the band on the Escape tour.

Secondly the song writing. I doubt there has ever been better song writing partnerships than Schon/Cain......Cain/Perry.....Schon/Perry. Whichever you choose.

Thirdly the albums. Only band I know that has released 3 (virtually) filler free back to back albums - Infinity/Evolution/Escape. However, Frontiers, Raised on Radio and Revelation are all snapping at their awesome heels IMO. Arrival and Departure arent too shabby either....I make that 8!

Live - never saw them with Perry, but ive seen the vids and heard the bootlegs :bowdown: I dont think they fully clicked with JSS, but with Arnel Pineda they are back and firing on all cylinders. Their London show earlier in the year was totally awesome.....

On a side issue, there have obviously been some rocky times for Journey in recent years...the click tapes, Augeri out, JSS in, JSS fired.....a singer from You Tube. But you know what, at the end of the day its the music that counts and to come back and record an album like Revelation after 20 odd years is nothing short of remarkable.....its still my fav release this year...and its been a very good year!

& lastly, the most important reason why I love Journey - 11 or 12 years old - whacking on that vinyl of Escape in my bros bedroom and us both being blown away. Still does that now, nearly 30 years down the line....the sign of a great great album. My fav infact. :tumbsup:

Over and out.

Backed backed and triple backed. Not quite my fave band, but up there with the best for the excellent reasons stated.. :bowdown:

Wow this is a tough one...Looking at My CD collection I have

4 artists who I own most everything they have released..

AD/DC

KISS

JUDAS PRIEST

VAN HALEN

So it would be some sorta fight between those groups...if I went

with that System...

If I went By Genre....it would a toss up of so many bands....only thing is

some artists overlap into several styles..and there are TOO many choices...

MOTORHEAD

MOTLEY CRUE

WASP

SLAYER

DIO

BLACK SABBATH w DIO

SAVATAGE

GARY MOORE

STEVIE RAY VAUGHN

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES

THIN LIZZY

ICON

DOKKEN

GREAT WHITE

ARCH ENEMY

TESTAMENT

CHEAP TRICK

TOMMY BOLIN

etc.............

If I went just by groups who have released an album(s)that

changed what other bands were doing...

MOTORHEAD

JIMI HENDRIX

LED ZEPPELIN

KISS

VAN HALEN

METALLICA

AC/DC

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN

THE BEATLES.......

Man this could go on for ever....and alot of bands fall into so many different catagories..

:bowdown: Bad Company and Thunder would probably be my top two with a fair few others just behind them :tumbsup: