Manilla Thrills and Retrospect Records

BrianJ8173

I guess Sun City and Metal Mayhem will be gutted about that as they were also in the running to release this disc. Good for Sam I say. I have dealt with him many times and can't say enough about his integrity to the music. Personally , I could care less what color the discs were , Retrospect is releasing so many kickass albums it's difficult not to stand up and notice. I think some of us collectors really should start giving props where they are due. Sam will always have his enemies I suppose.

I heard through the grapevine that Sam offered Manila Thrills the best royalty rates and promised silver discs so I guess they couldn't refuse that.

2 cents.

Great to see it is going to be silver pressed......I to have had nothing but great service from Sam and i think it is great that he is putting out all this killer releases.....But i just have an issue with them being cdr's......It is just my opinion, but to me a reissue should be a regular silver pressed cd......But like i said i am glad Sam is doing well with this wish him nothing but the best......

Later

Lon

I think since the disc will be printed in higher numbers (i am assuming 1,000 since that's the standard minimum for silver discs) that Retrospect will offer these discs at a decent price. I suggested $12.99 to Sam. He did make it clear to me that he is adamant about not wholesaling out to other companies because they just compete for lower prices. Understandable.

That is totally understanding, to me the point of it just being available is awesome news......to me the prices are not the problem.....Like the ones that are cdr's that have been selling for $49.99, and i know because it may be because they are printed in small quanities, but for a cdr that is insane, if all his others were silver pressed it would be well worth the money to me......Again not knocking Sam by any means, i and glad he is able to put all this stuff out.....

Take care

Lon

Just heard today that the Manilla Thrills cd will be released by Retrospect Records and will be silver pressed.  Awesome stuff.

That's great news. The last time I talked with Michael he said that Sam would be willing to do silver pressed cd's for him. Can't wait to get this great album on disc.

I'm tired of listening to my shitty copy.

Good news indeed... :)

I think everyone will be blown away by Manilla Thrills.

Can anyone tell me who they sound like & what style of music it is? Most of Retrospects' stuff so far has been ultra-commercial MHR - right up my street - & if this is the same I'll be getting it too....

Tim, I have the cassette turned mp3. The songs got alot of feedback somehow, and don't sound the best, but if you PM me your email I'll shoot you over a couple of songs so you can check out Manila Thrills.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.