Caught In A Dilemma

• 2023 Gold Donors

Hey everybody, I need some advise.

I won a cd auction on ebay by a brand new seller (goes by vividtattoo). Well right after I won the auction, I got an email from another ebayer in Greece warning me that this seller is the same guy that stiffed him on the same cd. When I checked out this other sellers feedback (goes by coolnewjunky), I saw that he's got 9 negatives in the past month for not delivering the goods.

So I decided to check out what cds both sellers had and I saw that they both were selling some of the same cds.

Now I'm sure what to do. I don't want to be the first guy the to get ripped off because ebay doesn't do shit to protect the buyers.

Anyone please HHHEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP. :doh:

Hey everybody, I need some advise.

I won a cd auction on ebay by a brand new seller (goes by vividtattoo).  Well right after I won the auction, I got an email from another ebayer in Greece warning me that this seller is the same guy that stiffed him on the same cd.  When I checked out this other sellers feedback (goes by coolnewjunky), I saw that he's got 9 negatives in the past month for not delivering the goods.

So I decided to check out what cds both sellers had and I saw that they both were selling some of the same cds.

Now I'm sure what to do. I don't want to be the first guy the to get ripped off because ebay doesn't do shit to protect the buyers.

Anyone please HHHEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP. :doh:

What is ebay's policy on violent threats? :angryfire:.....other than that I'm :unsure: ...sorry dude! :blink:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Ok, I think somebody else has already reported this guy in to ebay. As of today he has been NARU'd (with 0 feedback).

Luckily, I haven't sent my payment out yet. I was waiting to see if something like this was going to happen.

What are some of your guys opinions on what I should do. Obviously this is the same guy who is selling the same batch of cd's and not delivering the goods. I just don't want him leaving me a negative feedback for not paying.

Ok, I think somebody else has already reported this guy in to ebay. As of today he has been NARU'd (with 0 feedback).

Luckily, I haven't sent my payment out yet. I was waiting to see if something like this was going to happen.

What are some of your guys opinions on what I should do. Obviously this is the same guy who is selling the same batch of cd's and not delivering the goods. I just don't want him leaving me a negative feedback for not paying.

What is e-bays policy on NARU regarding allowing the user to post feedback. It would seem somewhat strange for somebody's account to be suspended and then still allowed to give feedback. Having said that e-bays policies on a few things are a bit strange.

I'm very proud of my 100% feedback but I think I would let it slip a little if I was clearly going to lose any significant amount of money.

You keep saying this guy. Is it his original account that has been suspened? If so and your confident it's the same guy then a second account is clearly against e-bays policies and if I were you I would get in touch with e-bay. If it's the account he used for your purchase I wouldn't be sending anything.

• 2023 Gold Donors

What is e-bays policy on NARU regarding allowing the user to post feedback. It would seem somewhat strange for somebody's account to be suspended and then still allowed to give feedback. Having said that e-bays policies on a few things are a bit strange.

I'm very proud of my 100% feedback but I think I would let it slip a little if I was clearly going to lose any significant amount of money.

You keep saying this guy. Is it his original account that has been suspened? If so and your confident it's the same guy then a second account is clearly against e-bays policies and if I were you I would get in touch with e-bay. If it's the account he used for your purchase I wouldn't be sending anything.

Peter

There is a seller that goes by coolnewjunky who has been stiffing people on cds and other items. He has been getting quite a few negative feedbacks for this and appears to have stopped listing auctions. I've had nothing to do with this seller.

I won an auction from a new seller that goes by vividtattoo. Right after the auction ended another concerned ebayer from Greece contacted me and said that he got burned on the same cd by coolnewjunky. He believed that coolnewjunky and vividtatto were one and the same as they were listing the exact same cds for sale. He also said that after he got burned, he found out that this seller had used other names to do this.

I went in and checked out some of coolnewjunky's transactions that were negative and looked at vividtatto's current auctions and sure as shit, a lot of the cds were the same.

Luckily I hadn't sent the payment out yet and I posted my original plea for help here. Since then, ebay has NARU'd him. I'm not sure why as he still had 0 feedback and didn't appear to have any listing violations. The only thing I can come up with is that one of the previous people that he burned reported him to ebay.

I was still concerned regarding my obligation for our transaction that ended. Am I still obligated to pay for this cd or does the fact that he's been NARU'd put me in the free and clear. I'm not sure who or how I would find out from ebay.

Scott