Has anyone traded with...

Has anyone here traded with an HH member called Vish? He contacted me about a trade over 2 months ago and I sent him a bunch of stuff which he acknowledged receiving but I have yet to get anything from him. I've contacted him a few times and the first couple times he said the package was just sent out or was being sent out shortly and he has yet to reply to my latest message. I really hate to post this if he is on the up and up but I'm starting to have my doubts. <_<

Has anyone here traded with an HH member called Vish?  He contacted me about a trade over 2 months ago and I sent him a bunch of stuff which he acknowledged receiving but I have yet to get anything from him.  I've contacted him a few times and the first couple times he said the package was just sent out or was being sent out shortly and he has yet to reply to my latest message.  I really hate to post this if he is on the up and up but I'm starting to have my doubts. <_<

Can't say that I have ever traded with Vish... Looks like he hasn't been signed on here at HH in over 2 weeks. Just posting to wish you the best of luck in getting what you traded for. I, for one, can attest that you are one of the best members here to trade with... and I hate to see great traders get burned. If you don't get what you want from him... just let me know... If I have it, it's on the way.

~ Dave ~

I, for one, can attest that you are one of the best members here to trade with... and I hate to see great traders get burned. If you don't get what you want from him... just let me know... If I have it, it's on the way.

~ Dave ~

Well....I'll just second that emotion!! :dance: Not just a great 'trader'.....but a great bud too!!

You know if *I* got it......YOU got it too! :D *and nooooooo I'm not talkin' cooties here.* :lol:

I appreciate it everyone! It just ticks me off because I sent him A LOT of stuff and I just had a strange feeling regarding the situation. I'm not giving up hope quite yet, you never know what's going on with international mail.

And Chad, the Reckless cd was fantastic--thanks a bunch!! :banger:

Guest stuck in lodi

Hi Blue

I sorta know who he is. I first met him on a P 2 P network and he got a bunch of tunes from me but "somehow" I couldn't get anything from him. He gave me an excuse and he suggested we try e-mailing each other some rare mp3s to try out (which I did) and he would e-mail me a bunch of rare stuff in return. Well, I never got anything for months. I sent him a bunch of e-mails and no response. Out of the blue he sent me a few mp3s. Nothing like he got from me though. Then he turned up here at HH. Later he made a post here wanting some lyrics to a song which I scanned and e-mailed him. Again, no thank you or any response. I won't say for sure that he's a bad trader, but he seems rather unappreciative based on my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rick...

Any update on this..? Did you ever get your CDs..?

Hey Rick...

Any update on this..? Did you ever get your CDs..?

I got this from him on Oct 27:

How you buddy

dont you worry, the cd's are all f**** good ;)

Ive just been a lazy  :ahole: and have delayed up.

Its been sent today by DHL and should reach you within a week-10 days at the most

hoqave you been? :)

We'll see.

He was on the site within the last week. I saw his ID. If he hasn't emailed you since...then I'd write him off. And...I would imagine he's seen this thread and probably won't surface again....

He was on the site within the last week. I saw his ID. If he hasn't emailed you since...then I'd write him off. And...I would imagine he's seen this thread and probably won't surface again....

Or resurface with a new name......

Ok, finally got his cd's today. Unfortunatley I can't do anything with them. They won't play, I can't copy them to my hard drive, nothing. I keep getting a message saying "cannot copy "filename":Data error (cyclic redundancy check). All four discs. ~sigh~ :(

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Are they MP3 or WAV format?

3 of the cd's are mp3 format and the 4th is a Danger Danger video. All 4 cd's are unplayable/uncopyable.

Have you tried just opening it from your star menu and dragging them to a folder. I got a disc that wouldn't play and it ended fine when i did that.

I tried everything with no luck. I'd have to say after waiting 3 months and then getting unplayable cd's not to bother trading with this guy. It certainly wasn't worth it for me. :angry:

And Vish, if you feel the need to share your side of the story go right ahead.

It appears I was right to wait a while before trading with Vish. I know it's unfair, but 99.9% of the time, I'm leery of anyone who hasn't been around here for too long and then comes in, guns blazing, ready for a trade.

Tempting, but I worry too much (after reading about things like these).

Sorry Rick. I've learned these lessons as well. Only been burned 3 times (2 for small amounts of music, once for a bunch of DVDs.........BITCH!) We all get screwed at some point. Hopefully someone can help you out with the music, though.

Do you get a directory listing?

Usually CRC problems are game over. I've had one or two cd's I've burned do it. I have had it where some of the tracks work though.

If you were going to burn somebody wouldn't you just not send? Perhaps he's just burned the disks too fast for the media?

Hey man ,

I sent you a message on PM ,regarding the disks!!! If they still dont work just let me know what machine you're on and what software you use, and ill gladly send you the stuff again.

Let me know if you have a dvd drive ,i can try sending you the dough on data dvd then.Those usually dont go wrong.

Once again sorry for the delay and the disk problems. they worked fine here . Get back to me and ill send you the stuff again if the cd's still dont work for yu

Hey man ,

I sent you a message on PM ,regarding the disks!!! If they still dont work just let me know what machine you're on and what software you use, and ill gladly send you the stuff again.

Let me know if you have a dvd drive ,i can try sending you the dough on data dvd then.Those usually dont go wrong.

Once again sorry for the delay and the disk problems. they worked fine here . Get back to me and ill send you the stuff again if the cd's still dont work for yu

Vish I tried everything. The discs are unusable. All four. I'm sure it's not something you did purposely but after waiting so long for something and getting what I got it's a huge letdown. I'm tired of dealing with it and consider the matter closed. Hopefully others here have had or will have good trades with you and let people know about. I didn't have a good experience and have (I feel) fairly explained the entire situation in my dealings with you. Like I said though I consider this matter finished and I hope you enjoy everything I sent you.

Rick

Hey man ,

Vish I tried everything. The discs are unusable. All four. I'm sure it's not something you did purposely but after waiting so long for something and getting what I got it's a huge letdown. I'm tired of dealing with it and consider the matter closed. Hopefully others here have had or will have good trades with you and let people know about. I didn't have a good experience and have (I feel) fairly explained the entire situation in my dealings with you. Like I said though I consider this matter finished and I hope you enjoy everything I sent you.

Rick

Let me know if you have a dvd drive. ill send you data dvd disks then. those work fine.

Vish I tried everything.  The discs are unusable.  All four.  I'm sure it's not something you did purposely but after waiting so long for something and getting what I got it's a huge letdown.  I'm tired of dealing with it and consider the matter closed.  Hopefully others here have had or will have good trades with you and let people know about.  I didn't have a good experience and have (I feel) fairly explained the entire situation in my dealings with you.  Like I said though I consider this matter finished and I hope you enjoy everything I sent you.

Rick

Hey, Rick! I have met Vish a couple of times and have received a lot of great stuff from him. I had a similar experience with the first batch of cd's he gave me, many of the songs couldn't be read on my computer due to the CRC error. However, they got read on my mp3 player. If you have an mp3 player, i suggest you try the cd's on it. They just might work.

Also, he had burnt the cd's he gave me at around the same time as yours, and after that he has got his computer checked and has got a new cd/dvd writer as well, and whatever i have received from him since has worked just fine, so i guess the problem was with his cd writer. I know it's frustrating when you wait for something for 3 months and when it finally arrives it doesn't work, but if you have any patience left, i suggest you give Vish another chance! I met him the other day, and had a chat about this, and he'd be glad to send them again.

Cheers!

Yash

P.S. Just in case you are wondering why i'm vouching for him so much, well, all the stuff he gets from you guys is eventually going to be passed on to me. Selfless, ain't i? :lol:

:drink: