in rock we trust

I just wanted to add another bad seller he goes by In Rock We Trust he claims the cds are located in US He's based in England charges 7.99 per disc for shipping Well I won one he charged me twice I had to contact Paypal because he ignored my emails and the worst of it the cd was shpped from Russia it was postmarked Russia it was made by the CD Maximum label it took 6 weeks to get the cd as well i left him negtive feedback he in turn left me my only negative saying i lie and slander in my feebacks hes the one whos lying In Rock We Trust stay away from him thank you

You should know immediately those are Russian pressings after seeing ALL his 7250 auctions go for flat "buy it now $4.99" eh :)

Next time just ask yourself who can retail all Nuclear Blast/Century Media/Sanctuary FULL catalogues for $4.99 and you will see there's something smelly in the air

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody who would buy from that guy at a $8.99 shipping charge would be nuts , I don't care if they are sent from the moon. The Russian cd's are not the issue as they are just as good if not better quality than any other version , I know because I own a few. Not to mention CD-Maximum , Soyuz , Art Music , Irond and Fono are all legitimate Russian companies who license their product from Century Media , Massacre , Nuclear Blast , SPV and various other labels. I guess if these labels don't want their music being exported from the Russian federation they should lower their prices and be 'somewhat' competitive.

Anybody who would buy from that guy at a $8.99 shipping charge would be nuts , I don't care if they are sent from the moon.  The Russian cd's are not the issue as they are just as good if not better quality than any other version , I know because I own a few.  Not to mention CD-Maximum , Soyuz , Art Music , Irond and Fono are all legitimate Russian companies who license their product from Century Media , Massacre , Nuclear Blast , SPV and various other labels.  I guess if these labels don't want their music being exported from the Russian federation they should lower their prices and be 'somewhat' competitive.

The thing is , they are liscensed from those labels clearly on the understanding they are not to be sold outside of the Baltic states.

It is those major record companies that are allowing this to happen and if they don't give a fat rats arse about stopping it , eBay should make all these sellers of the Russian copies , clearly state where they are from or simply f :censored: k them off, but as Stormspell said , "It's not hard to pick them , because they all sell for $4.99-$6.99 brand new and if that does not set alarm bells ringing that something seems not right, well our dodgy radar device needs servicing :drink:

I think the other issue regarding Russian CDs is they should be listed as such.

Lets face it,if you are selling a Japanese import,you make damn sure people know what they are getting cause Jap CDs are generally more desirable,so the same should be done with Russian CDs as they are less desirable!

I have a couple of Russian CDs,but I knew what I was getting as they were coming from Russia,or one of the other Baltic countries,and were a Russian band (Gorky Park).

I agree,sound wise they are equal to worldwide prints,but the sleeve notes etc,are not so equal.

If you are not told up front that they are Russian pressings,then they are obtaining money under false pretences.

If you notify people up front,its still illegal (just like selling CDRs),but at least the buyer knows what they are getting.

I think the main reason he charges so little for the cd's and so much for the shipping is the fact that he's avoiding the eBay fees. I've reported this in the past, but then eBay sends me back the usual autoresponse and it says that sellers can set their own shipping within reason. $8.99 for a cd is "within reason"? ;)

'I agree,sound wise they are equal to worldwide prints,but the sleeve notes etc,are not so equal.'

Have to disagree there.

'If you notify people up front,its still illegal (just like selling CDRs),but at least the buyer knows what they are getting.'

It's only illegal if the cd's are sealed. If they are opened , anything goes.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on the sleeve issue as the Russian CDs I have,are definetly lacking.

As for the opened/unopened issue,once again,this should be disclosed in advance.

Its not the legality that is the issue here,its the lack of information that is given in an item description.

If you buy a CD as used you want to know that.

I agree,sound wise they are equal to worldwide prints,but the sleeve notes etc,are not so equal.

Depends which version you've got.

Becausde of the unique Russian economy and the HUGE difference in the living standards between the 2 major cities (Moscow, St. Petersbourg) and the rest of the country, the major Russian labels print two versions of all domestic Russian band releases:

1. REGULAR (aka podarochnoe) which is made for sale in the wealthy regions and usually comes with full 16-24 pages booklets and all other extras we rarely see even in MAJOR Western releases!

2. BASIC (Uproschenoe) which usually comes with single fold insert (4 pages) and respectively costs twice cheaper!

Now you can imagine which releases the eBay powersellers stock on for eBay, haha!

Well we will have to agree to disagree on the sleeve issue as the Russian CDs I have,are definetly lacking.

I'm with the Captain on this because i had both versions of WICKED SENSATION - EXCEPTIONAL and BIG BAD WOLF - S/T in the Russian release and the official MTM release and the difference in the clarity of the art work was very easy to see.

I'm with the Captain on this because i had both versions of WICKED SENSATION - EXCEPTIONAL and BIG BAD WOLF - S/T in the Russian release and the official MTM release and the difference in the clarity of the art work was very easy to see.

Okay, but were those two on legit licensed labels (irond/soyusz, fono, cd-maximum), or just one of the cheapo nameless bootlegs like Alkatrzz or Guitar Heroes series for instance?

Also bear in mind there are even bootlegs of the bootlegs, or bootlegs of the licensed releases (like some fake CD-max, or Agat 2-on-1), so it is really hard to judge.

There are Russian CDs and Russian CDs. As I stated above you can get cheapo one, and you can get great one. It is like with the NOISE releases. German pressings are great, while US pressings are total cheap garbage (at least the ones printed in Canada are).

In my personal opinion I'd prefer licensed Russian pressings to be clearly "budget" one (like with generic white sleeve with only band logo or something), so big powersellers cannot sell them for the full retail price on eBay and escape with it, but seeing how buyers will take ANYTHING for ridiculously high prices and still leave positive feedback, I somehow doubt it would have any effect.

Anyway, my thought was that it all depends, and it is not fair to make such broad generalization and say "Russian pressings sux" based on a release or two, because I can take any one of the King Fowley poor-cheap releases, or *coughretrospectcough* and tell the same "US releases sux" for US market :)

I STARTED THIS THREAD THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH IN ROCK WE TRUST IS THAT HE IS A LIER HE SAYS HES LOCATED IN TH U.K. AND THE CDS ARE LOCATED IN THE U.S.A. THE ENVELOPE WAS POSTMARK MOSCOW RUSSIA HE SHOULD STATE THAT IN HIS DISCRIPTIONS

Another cheap shot at Retrospect Stormspell?  :lame:

Alright, I'll give you a chance. Show me another US label which has more generic releases than yours and I'll gladly edit my post. How's about that for a fair game, eh?

Okay, but were those two on legit licensed labels (irond/soyusz, fono, cd-maximum), or just one of the cheapo nameless bootlegs like Alkatrzz or Guitar Heroes series for instance?

Also bear in mind there are even bootlegs of the bootlegs, or bootlegs of the licensed releases (like some fake CD-max, or Agat 2-on-1), so it is really hard to judge.

There are Russian CDs and Russian CDs. As I stated above you can get cheapo one, and you can get great one. It is like with the NOISE releases. German pressings are great, while US pressings are total cheap garbage (at least the ones printed in Canada are).

In my personal opinion I'd prefer licensed Russian pressings to be clearly "budget" one (like with generic white sleeve with only band logo or something), so big powersellers cannot sell them for the full retail price on eBay and escape with it, but seeing how buyers will take ANYTHING for ridiculously high prices and still leave positive feedback, I somehow doubt it would have any effect.

Anyway, my thought was that it all depends, and it is not fair to make such broad generalization and say "Russian pressings sux" based on a release or two, because I can take any one of the King Fowley poor-cheap releases, or *coughretrospectcough* and tell the same "US releases sux" for US market :)

They were CD MAXIMUM and i even reported this to MTM and they stated to myself via email that yes , they are liscensed to do the pressings but the contract states they are NOT to be sold outside the Baltic States.

They then took all the details of the seller. :drink:

:wtf: I was just looking on eBay for CRAIG ERICKSON/ROB LAMOTHE - RIDE CD and guess who is selling this for $4.99 ?????????? and he has 47 of them <_<

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROB-LAMOTHE-CRAIG-ERIC...1QQcmdZViewItem