Update on XYZ / Sam Teaming up

Mullethead

Just got an e-mail from Terry. Here you have it folks..........

--- hello

thank you for keeping track on what s out there in the

bootleg world

this is the ONLY authorized demo cd

i know there is one out there and my attorney is aware

of it ... we ll see with that

sometimes one can have a bad relationship with another

and i understand that s the case with you and SAM

i respect both of you

SAM is a friend of mine and sure can t be involved

with you guys prob

no one will represent my cd exclusively

the fans will be able to get it soon on all sites

Sam is helping me sell it for a little while i m so

busy working on another already !

the cd will available next week and them will for for

sell on all sites like perris mayhem etc etc

we all need to stick together

don t hesitate to contact me

Take care ,

Terry Ilous

http://acousticoutcasts.com

http://www.internationalrockshow.com

http://www.xyzmusic.com

I'm disappointed. Can't tell for sure but it looks like Sam is going to sell the "Tinted" cd's for Terry until Terry makes them available elsewhere. I replied to the e-mail and refrained from Sam bashing out of respect for Terry. I told him that myself and many others would gladly purchase the cd if it is ever silver pressed and sold from someone other than Sam. I also went on to tell him thank you for all the great music he creates and that all three studio albums are real gems.

I apologize to Sam & his friends for speculating about Terry not knowing of this. At least Sam is being upfront on this one. That's the way the cookie crumbles.......

JL

The Cd's Sam is selling are silver pressed coming straight from Terry.

Well, I will be able to tell you soon. Here's an e-mail I received after I e-mailed him back. This is a stand up, class act guy........

--- you don t have to buy it i ll send it to you !

my gift to you .

please contact me and give me your address

the cd is for fans to enjoy i had to bake all those

old tapes remaster them and or remix them

it s not for the money its for the fun of it ....

Take care ,

Terry Ilous

I am floored........what a gesture!

JL

The Cd's Sam is selling are silver pressed coming straight from Terry.

Well, I will be able to tell you soon. Here's an e-mail I received after I e-mailed him back. This is a stand up, class act guy........

--- you don t have to buy it i ll send it to you !

my gift to you .

please contact me and give me your address

the cd is for fans to enjoy i had to bake all those

old tapes remaster them and or remix them

it s not for the money its for the fun of it ....

Take care ,

Terry Ilous

I am floored........what a gesture!

JL

That's a wonderful gesture from Terry. I thought he was a great guy before, but he just shot up about a hundred points in the class act department after reading that! :headbanger:

Needless to say I'll be buying this latest release as well.

Yep, things seem to be looking up over at Retrospect. Actually, believe it or not, Sam and I have had a few reasonable exchanges by email about Retrospect and the reissues.

Also, several of the Retrospect releases *are* available now at flat rate prices at the web site.

Definitely a positive move!

-Dan

It's great to see some here posting to say that they now believe this XYZ release to be legit. Sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens... I'm sure it's not easy to take over a label and do everything 100% right from the begining. I can tell you... Sam's intentions are good. And in response to Terry sending Mullethead a copy of the CD... I'm not surprised at all... I've met Terry a few times thru Sam when he was playing keys with him... very nice guy who really loves doing what he does. Terry would always make a point to tell people thanks for comming out to the show.

Just give Retrospect alittle time to work out the kinks... and I'm sure everyone will be pleasantly surprissed. Again... it's great to see some members starting to give Retrospect a chance. After all, if Retrospect is succesful then think of all the great music that will be available to everyone. Everyone should actually be pulling for Sam to make this label great.

~Dave~

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, things seem to be looking up over at Retrospect. Actually, believe it or not, Sam and I have had a few reasonable exchanges by email about Retrospect and the reissues.

Also, several of the Retrospect releases *are* available now at flat rate prices at the web site.

-Dan

I, for one, am very happy to hear this.

However, JLP or someone... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE convince Sam he has to use silver-back CD's. I simply cannot put a green or blue-backed CD in my collection.

Will the other cd's in your collection reject you if you do? :lol:

-Dan

I, for one, am very happy to hear this.

However, JLP or someone... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE convince Sam he has to use silver-back CD's. I simply cannot put a green or blue-backed CD in my collection.

I've tried MANY times.

I will say that they're not as 'bad' as you may expect. Ask Michael Butt....or Whiplash or someone who has purchased them. The disc label itself is heatsealed. It's not a sticker.

Or.....just buy one and see for yourself. Or hell....ask Sam to send you one. He may just do that with the chance that you may want to buy his catalogue. I would go that route because I'm not sure if he'll go the actual silver-pressed route. The XYZ issue is silver pressed, I believe...but that's not released specifically by Retrospect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.