Won't buy from this person again..........

Here's a message I sent to T-Bone asking his opinion. I am leaving T-Bones response off because I am not at liberty to voice his opinion for him out of respect for him. Please read below...........

Hey T-Bone,

I won't use the name of the person yet because I am giving him a little bit longer to make good but I want to run something by you.

I won a Lion - Dangerous Attraction cd about five months ago. The pic listed in the auction showed an obi. It also did not list in the auction that the obi was missing. I bid on it because it had the obi. When I received the cd, there was no obi. I contacted the person and they said they accidentally used the wrong pic for the auction. No problem, except I would not have bought it without the obi. Since he or she frequents HH I decided to give the person some time to find one with no rush. Months go by and nothing. I check Ebay one day to see what the person is s elling and guess what? There I see a Lion cd w/ the pic of the obi and also listed on the description, obi. I send him a message asking him why he won't just give me that one. He declined and refused to do so. I wait another month and still no word. So I offer to accept a cd or no real value, just somehting I need to fill my collection to make up for the obi and call it even. He refused that also.

What is your take on this? I don't feel like they did me right. I just wanted what I bid on. I think you will be surprised at who the seller is.

Comments?

Thanks

JL

I have decided to leave this persons name off here because all in all he has always been a good seller and, I thought friend. Now I have had an opinion change about that person and that is too bad. I have always been a fast payer and always had good luck with this person. This is out of character for him/her.

I would just like opinions from others so that it may persuade this person to do the right thing. Or maybe persuade me to let it go and realize I'm the dick. Feel free to be honest.

Thanks

JL

PS - I do not want to throw mud please.

Hey- I will have to side with you on this one. An OBI strip adds value to the cd and besides, its kinda cool to have!! If you won this auction with the OBI shown and not stated that it DID NOT come with it, he/she should find you one or repay you somehow. Just my opinion! Later RW :agree:

Showing a pic in an auction usually means that's exactly what's for sale unless the seller states otherwise. If there's an OBI in the pic, then you should have recieved it. Otherwise it can be considered false advertising and you can report that seller for Bad Seller Performance to eBay

Ok seeing how i am the topic of conversation, I am going to defend myself.........1st off I never set out to intentionally cause a situation where i was tryin to sell something i did not have, as some posts would leave you to believe.

I did sell Jarred a copy of Lion-Dangerous Attraction, and heading and picture did say it had the obi, but the description did not say it had the obi. When Jarred contacted me i told him i would get him an OBI in good faith, which i totally intended to do, I have contacted all kinds of Japanese contacts in order to follow through with what i said. And yes i did get another copy that had the obi and i did sell it on ebay......Jarred did ask me about it and i refrained, for a reason i see he failed to disclose, the catalog number did not match the number on the copy he bought.......I again assured him i would get him an obi........Apparently he thinks i can snap my fingers and make one appear........

Then i get an email from him stating that if i can't get the obi, he wants a cd instead.....I'm sorry but to me it came across as "I want a cd for this obi".....Well it didn't set well with me, then i get them message today, If i don't come up with an OBI he is going to post on HH About me, so i in turn told him to "go ahead and post away"...........I guess he thought "making a threat to post about me" was going to get this taken care......As a matter a fact i have 2 new sealed copies of Lion coming in and i would have gladly gave him a new copy for the copy i sold him, but before i could offer, he decided to what he felt he had too, so i told him i was done with the whole situation.........

As far as there being a glitch in ebay, there was and it was within "turbo Lister", if you don't believe that contact ebay, they will tell you all about it and it was even on their Community Board.........

In closing, as i said i did not intentionally rip off anyone or do anything to defraud anyone, alot of people here at HH know me from buying/trading/selling......But if Jarred really wants to bring this to light, he is blaming Sam for selling CDr's and not having the rights to the music, well Jarred how about when you were doing it, remember the Vain cdr's and the AlleyCat Scratch cdr's......Looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me.........

That is all i have to say............

Later

Lon

I didn't know you were the topic here. He said right in his original post that he wasn't going to give out names, but since you volunteered yourself now...... ;)

I didn't know you were the topic here. He said right in his original post that he wasn't going to give out names, but since you volunteered yourself now......  ;)

I think it shows a helluva lot of character for Lonnie to step up without being named. :headbanger:

I didn't know you were the topic here. He said right in his original post that he wasn't going to give out names, but since you volunteered yourself now......  ;)

I think it shows a helluva lot of character for Lonnie to step up without being named. :headbanger:

I agree, I think Lon is a great guy, I am sure this is some kind of misunderstanding, I might have an extra obi for that cd, I could send you guys, I will look and see on that.....

just checked, I don't have that obi, sorry....I had good intentions though...lol....

I can see both sides of this, but end up siding with Mullethead. He bought the cd & thought he was getting the OBI...if he has in fact been waiting 5 months for you to come up with a replacement, that's excessive. Sounds like he got fed up with waiting for the OBI & suggested a common cd in it's place as a show of good faith on your part. And for you to say that you now have 2 sealed copies complete with the OBI's, but since this has been aired on HH he ain't getting a copy...that's just makes you come off as a jerk. Your name was never mentioned in his post, so it's not like he came here to bad mouth you & hurt your business. Do the right thing & exchange the cd for him. Just my 2 cents.

Ok seeing how i am the topic of conversation, I am going to defend myself.........1st off I never set out to intentionally cause a situation where i was tryin to sell something i did not have, as some posts would leave you to believe.

I did sell Jarred a copy of Lion-Dangerous Attraction, and heading and picture did say it had the obi, but the description did not say it had the obi. When Jarred contacted me i told him i would get him an OBI in good faith, which i totally intended to do, I have contacted all kinds of Japanese contacts in order to follow through with what i said. And yes i did get another copy that had the obi and i did sell it on ebay......Jarred did ask me about it and i refrained, for a reason i see he failed to disclose, the catalog number did not match the number on the copy he bought.......I again assured him i would get him an obi........Apparently he thinks i can snap my fingers and make one appear........

Then i get an email from him stating that if i can't get the obi, he wants a cd instead.....I'm sorry but to me it came across as "I want a cd for this obi".....Well it didn't set well with me, then i get them message today, If i don't come up with an OBI he is going to post on HH About me, so i in turn told him to "go ahead and post away"...........I guess he thought "making a threat to post about me" was going to get this taken care......As a matter a fact i have 2 new sealed copies of Lion coming in and i would have gladly gave him a new copy for the copy i sold him, but before i could offer, he decided to what he felt he had too, so i told him i was done with the whole situation.........

As far as there being a glitch in ebay, there was and it was within "turbo Lister", if you don't believe that contact ebay, they will tell you all about it and it was even on their Community Board.........

In closing, as i said i did not intentionally rip off anyone or do anything to defraud anyone, alot of people here at HH know me from buying/trading/selling......But if Jarred really wants to bring this to light, he is blaming Sam for selling CDr's and not having the rights to the music, well Jarred how about when you were doing it, remember the Vain cdr's and the AlleyCat Scratch cdr's......Looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me.........

That is all i have to say............

Later

Lon

Well, I did make an attempt to keep this from getting nasty but it looks like with bringing up selling cd-rs and all, (which is an attempt to get off the subject) it won't be avoided.

First off, unless every original version (9 trax) is indivisually numbered, the obi you had would have been fine. Your true feeling is that you did nothing wrong and don't want to take care of the customer. Lon, you bid on every Lion cd on Ebay so I would like to think you could find an OBI within 5 months time.

Secondly, I did not say give me a cd for the obi instead. I said if it would be easier I would take a cd, nothing rare, just something I need to fill my collection. I demanded nothing which is how you make it sound.

Third, I did not threaten you. In fact I have all of our e-mails if others need to see them. I think five months of patience is a lot more than others would wait. I will not deny that I am sick of waiting. This has not been taken care of in a timely manner. Even you would have to admit that.

Fourthly, If you all the sudden came up with two copies (even though it's hard to find one in five months time) why am I just now finding this out? Interesting....

Last, I never said anything bad about you in the post. I want to avoid that as much as possible. I believe it was a misunderstanding in the beginning. I too have had a ton of great transactions with you Lonnie. I would have always bought from you. You have always done right by me. That's why I trusted you with this. I didn't even leave negative feedback. Now you want to bring things up that have nothing to do with the situation just so you can throw mud? I admit I sold 4-5 cd-rs on Ebay. I had one copy of each and they were cd's I bought off Ebay before. That is irrelevent. Would I do it again? No I would not. I learned that it's not worth my rep on HH. Comparing me to Sam? Last time I checked I was not making 100 copies of everything and claiming they were re-released.

If you want to be an ass, that's fine. I won't be involved in a mud slinging session. I wish you the best of luck with your future transactions but unfortunately I won't be buying anything else from you.

JL

I can see both sides of this, but end up siding with Mullethead.  He bought the cd & thought he was getting the OBI...if he has in fact been waiting 5 months for you to come up with a replacement, that's excessive.  Sounds like he got fed up with waiting for the OBI & suggested a common cd in it's place as a show of good faith on your part.  And for you to say that you now have 2 sealed copies complete with the OBI's, but since this has been aired on HH he ain't getting a copy...that's just makes you come off as a jerk.  Your name was never mentioned in his post, so it's not like he came here to bad mouth you & hurt your business.  Do the right thing & exchange the cd for him.  Just my 2 cents.

Thank you and you are correct.........

JL

Hey guys-- I have known JL for a number of years now and i will say that he would NEVER intentionally screw anybody or raise a bunch of stink if it didnt need be!! On the other hand... I have also dealt with Lonnie on ebay and never had any trouble!! But to make a guy wait 5 months for an OBI is wrong when you had another copy that had one!! I dont think JL was being unfair for asking for an average cd in its place. After all.... an obi strip could make or break a sale on Ebay--- Won't it Lonnie!! I'm not here to sling a bunch of shit!! But would like to see a brotha taken care of-- That's all Later!! RW :drink:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.......It is unfortunate situation, and i have tried to make things clear.........Let me lay it out like this.........Everyone is harping on the 2 copies i have..........Which that is cool.......But am i going to open a brand new copy i paid over $50 for just to give him the Obi.........NO, and none of you would either, you would take the route in which i have, find an obi by itself, which is what i have been trying to do........

But now take my point of view for an instance, someone comes to you and says "i want an obi or i am going to make a post about you"......that is so grade school, do this or i am going to tell on you.........If i had not made any attempt at all to correct the incident i would say fine, but i have have went above and beyond trying to find a simple obi strip...........People can say i am coming off as a jerk or whatever they want......It goes back to "it's not what you say, but how you say it".......Jarred brought all this to this public board, and granted he did not mention me by name, that is not the point, I am a stand up guy and i am going to defend myself...........I never said i was right or wrong, just giving my side.....and as far as a giving a cd, they way it came off to me and especially after it has been brought to light here, it was more like extortion......

I will admit i was out of line with the "cdr" comment and for that i will apologize for...........As we speak i just received and email about an obi which will be mailed to Jarred tomorrow from Japan......This is the end of this..............

Later

Lon

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.......It is unfortunate situation, and i have tried to make things clear.........Let me lay it out like this.........Everyone is harping on the 2 copies i have..........Which that is cool.......But am i going to open a brand new copy i paid over $50 for just to give him the Obi.........NO, and none of you would either, you would take the route in which i have, find an obi by itself, which is what i have been trying to do........

But now take my point of view for an instance, someone comes to you and says "i want an obi or i am going to make a post about you"......that is so grade school, do this or i am going to tell on you.........If i had not made any attempt at all to correct the incident i would say fine, but i have have went above and beyond trying to find a simple obi strip...........People can say i am coming off as a jerk or whatever they want......It goes back to "it's not what you say, but how you say it".......Jarred brought all this to this public board, and granted he did not mention me by name, that is not the point, I am a stand up guy and i am going to defend myself...........I never said i was right or wrong, just giving my side.....and as far as a giving a cd, they way it came off to me and especially after it has been brought to light here, it was more like extortion......

I will admit i was out of line with the "cdr" comment and for that i will apologize for...........As we speak i just received and email about an obi which will be mailed to Jarred tomorrow from Japan......This is the end of this..............

Later

Lon

I don't expect anything from you Lonnie. There was nothing grade school about what I did. I never intended to use your name. I just wanted opinions about a situation hoping you would read them and do the right thing. YOU choose to bring your name into this. I want nothing from you. Lets just move on.

JL

Later

Lon

I don't expect anything from you Lonnie. There was nothing grade school about what I did. I never intended to use your name. I just wanted opinions about a situation hoping you would read them and do the right thing. YOU choose to bring your name into this. I want nothing from you. Lets just move on.

JL

Not to mention you all the sudden get an e-mail for an obi. You just now happen to find one after five months? Please..............

JL

I agree, I think Lon is a great guy, I am sure this is some kind of misunderstanding, I might have an extra obi for that cd, I could send you guys, I will look and see on that.....

just checked, I don't have that obi, sorry....I had good intentions though...lol....

it's amazing how these little problems can get so big...... :)

What's a obi strip?

You're kidding, right?

Well gee........obviously not all of us are into this kind of music for the "collecting".

Honestly......I've thrown my OBIs away before. Didn't know they were such a big deal.

Silly me. :rolleyes:

Well gee........obviously not all of us are into this kind of music for the "collecting".

Honestly......I've thrown my OBIs away before.  Didn't know they were such a big deal.

Whaaa? :yikes: Thrown them away? I think I only have 3 cd's with an obi but when I get them its like getting marshmallows in my hot chocolate! :lol:

Honestly......I've thrown my OBIs away before.  Didn't know they were such a big deal.

Whaaa? :yikes: Thrown them away? I think I only have 3 cd's with an obi but when I get them its like getting marshmallows in my hot chocolate! :lol:

Yeah.....really. -_-

Does that mean I lose my key to the Executive wash room here. :unsure:

:lol::P