Need help with Vice - Hot... Just Lookin' At You

Evil Rick

I have a cd-r of Vice - Hot... Just Lookin' At You and have been keeping an eye on Ebay for a while now and haven't noticed it come up for auction. My question is was this ever released on cd? And if so what is the going rate for it? My copy (although good) sounds like it was taken from a cassette. I would love to pick this up on cd but want to know if I'm wasting my time. Thanks

Rick

Never released on cd.....but......I do have an Unsigned Band CD sampler with Vice on it...along with about 6 or 7 other kickass unsigned bands!! The sampler is cool because it has a huge photo of the band Vice all glammed up in their pick with their logo at the top of the pic.....and a small ad for their single that was on the Comp.

I have a cd-r of Vice - Hot... Just Lookin' At You and have been keeping an eye on Ebay for a while now and haven't noticed it come up for auction.  My question is was this ever released on cd?  And if so what is the going rate for it?  My copy (although good) sounds like it was taken from a cassette.  I would love to pick this up on cd but want to know if I'm wasting my time.  Thanks

Rick

Blue,

A while back I did some exhaustive reserarch myself (I just want the cover-art, really) and was dead-ended at every corner. I honestly do not believe it was ever released on CD.

I think I remember dave at Sun City saying he'd check into it? Perhaps we can rattle his cage again. Just don't change the artwork!!!!

*taps microphone*..."Is this thing on??"....

That album was never released on cd.............

*taps microphone*..."Is this thing on??"....

That album was never released on cd.............

Ooops.....I did not even read your post up there. Sowwy!

:gone:

First off, thanks for setting the record straight on this album Jim, now I can stop my quest.

Marla, That was the darn thread I was trying to find before I started this one, thanks!

And I'm disappointed it's not available and I hope to heck Sun City Records is serious about trying to get this one finally released. :bowdown:

Hi :band::drink:

I already contacted Dave at Sun City and told him who he could contact. The cd-r was from a demo tape (which was never intended to reach the public, but some idiot started to trade and make cd-r copies) and never released officially on CD. I also know who the band members are but can not disclose at this time.

I hope dave can get a hold of him as he also has rare live early shows with a famous guitarist who in the band in it's early years.

Cheerz

the game

:band::drink::bunch:

Well...well...well. From what I understand, this thread has caused quite the stir behind the scenes. Evidently, one of the "elite collectors" who frequents this messageboard (usually logged in anonymously) is upset because Vice - Hot Just Looking At You somehow got listed on the main site. NEWSFLASH - it's been on the main site since January of this year (look at when it first started receiving comments) . Here's another newsflash - it was submitted to the database by Heavy Harmonies member dog2020 (ask her yourself) , NOT yours truly, so don't worry, your little trading circle hasn't been infiltrated.

You can't print the band members names right now???? Is this supposed to be some sort of 'super' secret??? hahaha

Uhhh..ok...then I will......

Billy Ian

Bryan Allen

Gary Smith

Jim Michaels

Jeff Field

How about this....their management company was Rockworks...and the phone number was 413.525.7351. Ask for Holly Thrasher :lol: Of course the names and numbers have changed to protect the innocent....

Or maybe contact their legal representation: Allen H. Arrow Esq @ Arrow Edelstein & Laird

Like there's some big fuckin' reason to keep that secret??? Puhleeeze......

You can't print the band members names right now???? Is this supposed to be some sort of 'super' secret??? hahaha

Billy Ian

Bryan Allen

Gary Smith

Jim Michaels

Jeff Field

How about this....their management company was Rockworks...and the phone number was 413.525.7351. Ask for Holly Thrasher :lol: Of course the names and numbers have changed to protect the innocent....

Or maybe contact their legal representation: Allen H. Arrow Esq @ Arrow Edelstein & Laird

And don't forget Jim, Rob Rock and Chris Impeliterri were in a very early incarnation of the band too.... :drink:

Billy Ian

Bryan Allen

Gary Smith

Jim Michaels

Jeff Field

And don't forget Jim, Rob Rock and Chris Impeliterri were in a very early incarnation of the band too.... :drink:

I still only care about the cover-art, really. Damn that chic is HOT!

Impelliterri...... :dance: Now this one's got me interested. I always thought he was even better then Malmsteen. He can't Unleash Da Fookin Fury, but he still shreds still the same :lol:

a trader of mine mentioned that vice - hot just lookin at you was pressed on CD, he worked at a radio station that got one of the cds.

I also recall seeing a post on melodicrock.com's messageboard that a guy will be auctioning off the vice cd on e bay but I never saw that auction.

vice also had 2 songs on the unsigned acts cd compilation, volumes 1 & 3. They are great songs too!!!! :)

Hi all, Dave from Suncity here. I can't remember getting any contact infomation on this band, can someone email me with the contact info and I will promise all you fans that I will do everything to get this album finally out on CD (Original artwork too.)

Thanks

Dave

www.suncityrecords.com

Here is the story:

I DO Have The Vice - Hot looking At you cd. A long time ago I had picked up the cd, used not knowing anything about them. I really liked them and wanted to know if there was anything else by them. I asked Mike if he knew anything about them.

Mike had posted a question on HH (also If I remember correctly believe a song and a scan of the artwork) about them and I believe nobody knew anything. The artwork does not say who was in the Band. I may be wrong but I think it probably came with a press kit. The cd I got I believe was to shop for a lable.

A friend of mine had got a cassette demo of Vice sent to him by from Rob Rock. One of those songs is the same song that is on the cd (the song is changed a little in the opening style) But Vocals sound dead on.

I submitted the cd, without personell because I really do not know, and to put up any names would be a guess. When I submit I try to do it accurately as possible, with all band members.

I have sent e-mails to Rob Rock asking if this was his band and that they might want to think about do a release of the cd since most people semm to love it and have never gotten a reply. I have also sent e-mails to hirsh Gardner (whom I believe produced it) and still have not gotten a reply.

That is about all i know. Maybe Rob Rock will answer the questions, Now that he is doing a reunion tour. I least I hope.

I mentioned who the band members where on the album you have.

Billy Ian

Bryan Allen

Gary Smith

Jim Michaels

Jeff Field

Here is what my frind sent me for artwork and a copy of what he got From Rob Rock.

VICE%20front%20cover.jpg

VICE%20back%20cover.jpg

On the Demo is You Drive Me Crazy, It is also on the Hot Looking for you. I can also post a sample of that if needed. So who is the band members on Hot Looking at you, the above or is it Rob Rock? I do not know.

See....now you're gonna make me check when I get home from the office!! :lol:

But...from what I'm gathering, the EP was put out first, ESPECIALLY if it says 1985 *which would coincide with the particular reunion they're having*.....then "Hot Looking at You" was released some time later, I'm presuming. Maybe after most of those guys left the band and the one guy continued on with the band members I've listed......

I have a pic of the band that released "Hot Lookin' At You"...I'll scan it and email it to ya lil doggy. Send me an email at jimp66@prodigy.net so I can reply with the scan later!!

I have a pic of the band that released "Hot Lookin' At You"...I'll scan it and email it to ya lil doggy. Send me an email at jimp66@prodigy.net so I can reply with the scan later!!

Just a suggestion....

Why don't you post it here, since everyone is curious now...?

Just a suggestion....

Why don't you post it here, since everyone is curious now...?

I don't have a pic host with which to do that. I've emailed lil' doggy the pics. If she can, she can post them with my permission!! :lol:

I don't have a pic host with which to do that. I've emailed lil' doggy the pics. If she can, she can post them with my permission!! :lol:

Of coures I will post. And to make things even more confusing the CD I have has a copywrite date of 1987....

I also e-mailed again and was given a cell phone number to talk to someone at Rob Rocks Site. SO.... Maybe a finale answer. :)

Here are the pics:

Vice%20advert%20blurb.JPG

Vice%20pic%20of%20band.JPG

Cool! Well.....I, *for one* hope you get some answers, Donna.

This is some REALLY GOOD stuff!!! 'Specially "You Drive Me Crazy"!!

:drink: Here's hoping for a re-issue......or an issue..... :blink:

What the hell.....just get it out there!!! :lol: