E-Bay Camp classics

I have seen several of these Camp classics on ebay, are these cdrs, boots, or reissues??? hmmm---Thanks!!!!

They are BOOTLEGS. The seller digital_metal does the same with DVD's. He makes them look all official, but never tells the buyer that they are self made compilations. Someone else made a thread about the Camp Classics seller a little while ago, maybe within a week.

wowow, thanks for the info, I will stay away!!!!!!

Guest Joel_Ellis

I bought the China Sky album from Casmp Classic. For the first it is a bootie in the similar way as the Reborn Classic releases from the nineties. The covers are just copies from the originals.

It's better to make your own cd-r copy with a copied cover. It's much cheaper.

Best

Ali

They are BOOTLEGS. The seller digital_metal does the same with DVD's. He makes them look all official, but never tells the buyer that they are self made compilations. Someone else made a thread about the Camp Classics seller a little while ago, maybe within a week.

yep that was me, the seller is an absolute turkey!

cheers tbone

Here is a perfect example of how crappy those "Camp Classics" are

The Heretic-Breaking Point album for example

Rear cover art still shows the Metal Blade and Enigma logos, and Metal Blades UPC symbol. Whoever is doing these needs to find another scam. Overlooked the most simple items in putting together a "bootleg" item. At least remove all that stuff and attempt to put your own items in there to make it look like a reissue.

Plus I got a big laugh when I saw the artwork on the CDs themselves. Lame ass template from a CD-R program.

Wow!! That's good to know...I nearly bought the Camp version of the China Sky CD too, but I thought it looked a bit dodgy! Especially when I was certain that some of the other releases being sold by the same guy have not had an official re-release for sure . :angry:

Luckily... I guess ... I paid (quite) a little more for an original PARC label release!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joel_Ellis
I have seen several of these Camp classics on ebay, are these cdrs, boots, or reissues???  hmmm---Thanks!!!!

But can anybody tell why this lad always gets great or fantastic feedback. Can't loads of buyers trade cd-r:s with covers instead which is much cheaqper. I can help them ;-)

Honestly, i think its because most people don't buy cd's for "collectors" purposes or to re-sell later on - i think its because most people just want the music in CD format anyway they can get it. So when they get their disc they have nothing to complain about...they have a once-rare title finally on CD format. I don't want to start any flaming arguments here but thats why i think this seller gets great feedback.

Yep...you hit it right on the head Recordjnky! Alot of folks are not into the complete "collector" mode or mind set, they just want the disc, on a more professionally done package than just a burned copy with the band name scribbled across the disc in magic marker...so when they get any cd that maybe is an official release, and maybe it is not, to alot of folks they are just thrilled to own it in a form of cd, other than the homeade variety, a seller who is possiblly selling stuff that is not legit or not band sanctioned, still gets great feedback......as collectors when we say something is a cd-r, we automatically think of something homemade but the pressings that are being done by some of the bands, (the new suspicion releases jump to mind) are really nicely done pressings , not burns, but cd's that are heat sealed, and just beautifully done, despite being done on cd-r type media...I have finally been able to see the new releases from Retrospect and I must say they are very nice, heat sealed pressings on cd-r type media, not burned cd-r's or homemade stuff, and a large step up from what Joe Dolan was doing before with retrospect, if anyone has the bittersweet you know what I mean, as a collector I will have to own all of the retrospect releases as well as Suncity, or Metal Mayhem.....I really think there really is not alot of folks that are into that complete collectors mode or mindset...I used to be only interested in getting stuff that was on cd, I did not want anything done on cd-r type media or even tape, but I have discovered alot of stuff is worth hearing, and the only way to get it is in these various forms I have mentioned, I am always going to be a totally full blown collector, who wants all the rare cd's I can get...but instead of limiting myself to just cd's, I am tyring to get the music anyway I can....

now I don't condone counterfiet cd's, which are reproductions meant to be passed off as the original pressings, but stuff like these camp classics could become quite collectible to alot of people, I know folks who love collecting these types of "reissues", although if the are cheaply done cd-r burns I can't figure that out, the reborn classics became very collectible by alot of poeple dispite being poorly done, but they were collectible, and on the other end of the spectrum of quality are the labels Suncity Records, Retrospect Records, Metal Mayhem Music, etc, these guys are really doing some great reissues and releases...forget about the things that have been said on this board about some of these labels, and the personalities that have had blow up's, (me included) think about it... what might be coming out, and how they are being done, from these 3 labels, this year alone?? Whether I think I am a collector or not, It makes me wet my pants.....lol.......

:agree:

Honestly, i think its because most people don't buy cd's for "collectors"  purposes or to re-sell later on - i think its because most people just want the music in CD format anyway they can get it. So when they get their disc they have nothing to complain about...they have a once-rare title finally on CD format. I don't want to start any flaming arguments here but thats why i think this seller gets great feedback.

Yep...you hit it right on the head Recordjnky! Alot of folks are not into the complete "collector" mode or mind set, they just want the disc, on a more professionally done package than just a burned copy with the band name scribbled across the disc in magic marker...so when they get any cd that maybe is an official release, and maybe it is not, to alot of folks they are just thrilled to own it in a form of cd, other than the homeade variety, a seller who is possiblly selling stuff that is not legit or not band sanctioned, still gets great feedback......as collectors when we say something is a cd-r, we automatically think of something homemade but the pressings that are being done by some of the bands, (the new suspicion releases jump to mind) are really nicely done pressings , not burns,  but cd's that are heat sealed, and just beautifully done, despite being done on cd-r type media...I have finally been able to see the new releases from Retrospect and I must say they are very nice, heat sealed pressings on cd-r type media, not burned cd-r's or homemade stuff, and a large step up from what Joe Dolan was doing before with retrospect, if anyone has the bittersweet you know what I mean, as a collector I will have to own all of the retrospect releases as well as Suncity, or Metal Mayhem.....I really think there really is not alot of folks that are into that complete collectors mode or mindset...I used to be only interested in getting stuff that was on cd, I did not want anything done on cd-r type media or even tape, but I have discovered alot of stuff is worth hearing, and the only way to get it is in these various forms I have mentioned, I am always going to be a totally full blown collector, who wants all the rare cd's I can get...but instead of limiting myself to just cd's, I am tyring to get the music anyway I can....

now I don't condone counterfiet cd's, which are reproductions meant to be passed off as the original pressings, but stuff like these camp classics could become quite collectible to alot of people, I know folks who love collecting these types of "reissues", although if the are cheaply done cd-r burns I can't figure that out, the reborn classics became very collectible by alot of poeple dispite being poorly done, but they were collectible, and on the other end of the spectrum of quality are the labels Suncity Records, Retrospect Records, Metal Mayhem Music, etc, these guys are really doing some great reissues and releases...forget about the things that have been said on this board about some of these labels, and the personalities that have had blow up's, (me included) think about it... what might be coming out, and how they are being done,  from these 3 labels, this year alone?? Whether I think I am a collector or not, It makes me wet my pants.....lol.......

Honestly, i think its because most people don't buy cd's for "collectors"  purposes or to re-sell later on - i think its because most people just want the music in CD format anyway they can get it. So when they get their disc they have nothing to complain about...they have a once-rare title finally on CD format. I don't want to start any flaming arguments here but thats why i think this seller gets great feedback.

Can you please explain the difference between a cd-r and 'cd-r type media'.

As far as Retrospect go I tend to agree with you. As long as somebody is aware of what they are buying and it's licenced he can charge what he likes. That's capitalism, like it or not. Where I do have a problem is the e-bay add that was clearly written to be evasive from the fact that it's a re-issue. The web site is fine. 20 dollars looks at first sight quite a lot but given the low volumes likely to be sold and the effort in making them it's probably fair. He'll see himself whether the market can support a 50 dollar re-issue.

As for inventing a label and re-issuing unlicenced material. That's just piracy isn't it?

Hi PeterS, if you have purhcased alot of cd-r reissues like I have you see them in varying quality, from burned copies in someones bedroom up to pressed cd-r's produced in mass.....so the discs are not the same becuase cd-r's were used, the ones I have seen being used lately are cd-r type media meaning they are not cheap cd-r's purchased at walmart, they look to be cd-r's but also a step up in quality, so that is why I called them cd-r type media and not cd-r's, I guess they are similar but you have to see them to know what I am talking about, really nice quality discs. If you purchase the Suspicion re-issues or Retrospect re-issues and then buy the Push Reissue or some of the cd's on CDbaby, you can get a taste of the difference I spoke of, about half the bands on cdbaby are releaseing their stuff and pressing them on cd-r media, so there is just no other way to get them, but they don't have the better media or take the time in the labeling process, the heat sealing these other bands are doing is really nice,

as far as your comment about piracy goes, I don't know about every release coming out on Retrospect, but I find alot of bands looking for rare cd's, one I was looking for recently was called Red China Blue, which is now on Retrospects list of stuff coming out, I actually found the guys before getting the new list from Retrospect, emailed them to see if they had some cd's I could buy, they said all their stuff was being reissued through Retrospect Records, so I had to buy it there... so I know he obtained the rights of their music, I of course don't have inside info on all his stuff, but I know for a fact he is reissueing Red China Blue with full consent......which means he very well could have the rights to alot more if not all the stuff he is doing, and he or any label does not need the consent of the entire band, by law he only needs the consent of the person owning the publishing rights to the music, and that might only be one band member, just playing on a cd does not give you the publishing rights, it is usually the person who put up the capital to begin with.........so even when there is an actual reissue, sometimes the cash for that is going to only one bandmember, not the entire band.......thus alot of bands get fighting over that......

Yep...you hit it right on the head Recordjnky! Alot of folks are not into the complete "collector" mode or mind set, they just want the disc, on a more professionally done package than just a burned copy with the band name scribbled across the disc in magic marker...so when they get any cd that maybe is an official release, and maybe it is not, to alot of folks they are just thrilled to own it in a form of cd, other than the homeade variety, a seller who is possiblly selling stuff that is not legit or not band sanctioned, still gets great feedback......as collectors when we say something is a cd-r, we automatically think of something homemade but the pressings that are being done by some of the bands, (the new suspicion releases jump to mind) are really nicely done pressings , not burns,  but cd's that are heat sealed, and just beautifully done, despite being done on cd-r type media...I have finally been able to see the new releases from Retrospect and I must say they are very nice, heat sealed pressings on cd-r type media, not burned cd-r's or homemade stuff, and a large step up from what Joe Dolan was doing before with retrospect, if anyone has the bittersweet you know what I mean, as a collector I will have to own all of the retrospect releases as well as Suncity, or Metal Mayhem.....I really think there really is not alot of folks that are into that complete collectors mode or mindset...I used to be only interested in getting stuff that was on cd, I did not want anything done on cd-r type media or even tape, but I have discovered alot of stuff is worth hearing, and the only way to get it is in these various forms I have mentioned, I am always going to be a totally full blown collector, who wants all the rare cd's I can get...but instead of limiting myself to just cd's, I am tyring to get the music anyway I can....

now I don't condone counterfiet cd's, which are reproductions meant to be passed off as the original pressings, but stuff like these camp classics could become quite collectible to alot of people, I know folks who love collecting these types of "reissues", although if the are cheaply done cd-r burns I can't figure that out, the reborn classics became very collectible by alot of poeple dispite being poorly done, but they were collectible, and on the other end of the spectrum of quality are the labels Suncity Records, Retrospect Records, Metal Mayhem Music, etc, these guys are really doing some great reissues and releases...forget about the things that have been said on this board about some of these labels, and the personalities that have had blow up's, (me included) think about it... what might be coming out, and how they are being done,  from these 3 labels, this year alone?? Whether I think I am a collector or not, It makes me wet my pants.....lol.......

Can you please explain the difference between a cd-r and 'cd-r type media'.

As far as Retrospect go I tend to agree with you. As long as somebody is aware of what they are buying and it's licenced he can charge what he likes. That's capitalism, like it or not. Where I do have a problem is the e-bay add that was clearly written to be evasive from the fact that it's a re-issue. The web site is fine. 20 dollars looks at first sight quite a lot but given the low volumes likely to be sold and the effort in making them it's probably fair. He'll see himself whether the market can support a 50 dollar re-issue.

As for inventing a label and re-issuing unlicenced material. That's just piracy isn't it?

Guest Joel_Ellis

I liked some of the reborn classic stuff as well despite the sound on some of the was rubbish. But the look with a kind of real booklet was kind of nice. But these camp classic stuff has just a copied front cover and back cover on a little bit better paper. So that is why I think a copied cd-r with a cover printed on a photo paper might be as good as these re-issues. Also when I gave him bad feedback he said he had sent me a demo cd and offered me a replacement. I have not heard from him since I made the payment. He is a joke.

Best

Joel

QUOTE(T-BONE @ Aug 15 2005, 08:01 PM)

Yup, digital_metal makes a fortune on Ebay, and with 100% positive feedback.

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrp...Q3aMEFSQ3aMESOI