The Killers

66 mustang

that is great 80's New Wave style. Have any of you heard them? They are so cool to listen to. 80's new wave is one of my guilty pleasures and this new band captures that same feel.

http://musicdownloads.walmart.com/catalog/...ervlet?id=64050

http://www.islandrecords.com/thekillers/si...discography.las

'Stang...if you dig them check out a band called The Bravery.......or Billy Corgan's new one...and believe it or not....*gulp*....Kelly Osbourne's new one. All of the aforementioned bands are purely in the 80's New Wave style.....

i agree on the new wave style, u also must get franz ferdinand, those 2 r like being back in the early 80's

OR....if you REALLY want to get into any New Wave stuff...go to this website and behold the massivity of what's out there in the genre...

A Different Drum

OR....if you REALLY want to get into any New Wave stuff...go to this website and behold the massivity of what's out there in the genre...

A Different Drum

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!! I second that emotion!!!!!!!!! ADD and Sloth are two of the BEST things you've turned me on to Jim!!! :D

As for The Killers.....I've caught their video for "Mr. Brightside" many times on VIBE (is that what it's called? Hmmmm.....now I dunno...) and thought they were pretty damn cool!!! :headbanger:

A Different Drum

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!! I second that emotion!!!!!!!!! ADD and Sloth are two of the BEST things you've turned me on to Jim!!! :D

As for The Killers.....I've caught their video for "Mr. Brightside" many times on VIBE (is that what it's called? Hmmmm.....now I dunno...) and thought they were pretty damn cool!!! :headbanger:

So....you're saying I turned you on.................. :shocked:

And, yes.......Sloth Radio is for the New Wave person in ya....go here...

Sloth Radio

A Different Drum

Sloth Radio

Haha......every day!!! ;):lol:

Well.......almost. :P

A Different Drum

Sloth Radio

I'll have to work on that to make it an every day occurrence!!! :lol::christmas:

A Different Drum

Sloth Radio

I'll have to work on that to make it an every day occurrence!!! :lol::christmas:

Cool!!!! ;):lol:

• 3 years later...
I like The Killers quite a bit. Yep. I do. :)

The first album is kinda cool - the 2nd sucked (from memory)

Havent heard the newie.

I 2nd that Glen :tumbsup:

I like The Killers quite a bit. Yep. I do. :)

The first album is kinda cool - the 2nd sucked (from memory)

Havent heard the newie.

I 2nd that Glen :tumbsup:

I liked the first one , but thought the second 'Sam's Town' was a tremendous disc - really strong set of songs. I still play it quite regularly. I also got the latest one a few weeks back, which isn't bad either.

Good band in general for me, for when I want something different.

• 2 weeks later...

The singer Brandon Flowers lived homeless on the streets of Salt Lake for many years, playing in countless bands, before hearing the call and greyhounding it to Vegas, which I guess paid off! if you guys wanna hear Killers at the most 80s sounding style I think they could pull off without actually being released in the 80s, check out their cd called Sawdust, it's B-Sides, Demos, and Remixes, it's got a song called Move Away, it's almost surreal what kind of 80s vibe they trap in this song, I bet you play it for 100 people that have never heard it, and 100 people would tell you it was a early to mid 80s song, excellent song also, not just 80s sounding, it is an extremely well done song, check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

The Killers definitely have an 80's vibe goin' on...and I dig a bunch of their songs.

The Killers definitely have an 80's vibe goin' on...and I dig a bunch of their songs.

I'm with you on this one mate. The 80's ruled (still rules)! That is my favourite decade in music. So many great artists, at least in the pop genre. The favourite of them all: Duran Duran.

I listened to a Killers album for first time the other day....

AWFUL!

Continues to justify why i hate music played on the radio. Why are these guys popular?! I dont get it! Also one of the worst vocalists ive heard.

Nobody on this thread said they had a good vocalist! nor did I read one post saying they were talented, I know I never said that, but you know what? if you played most of the shit on the radio all day long, the one time you wouldnt think it was all the same band playing is when the Killers came on, I'll be the first to say, which I have to countless friends, Brandon Flowers is a terrible singer, but he makes it work for the songs they play, and for that, they DON'T SOUND LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE! for better or worse.

AWFUL!

Continues to justify why i hate music played on the radio. Why are these guys popular?! I dont get it! Also one of the worst vocalists ive heard.

Nobody on this thread said they had a good vocalist! nor did I read one post saying they were talented, I know I never said that, but you know what? if you played most of the shit on the radio all day long, the one time you wouldnt think it was all the same band playing is when the Killers came on, I'll be the first to say, which I have to countless friends, Brandon Flowers is a terrible singer, but he makes it work for the songs they play, and for that, they DON'T SOUND LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE! for better or worse.

meh...

they still suck

I'm with you on this one mate. The 80's ruled (still rules)! That is my favourite decade in music. So many great artists, at least in the pop genre. The favourite of them all: Duran Duran.

I'm a huge Duran fan, so I am definitely with ya there!! :beerbang:

AWFUL!

meh...

they still suck

Backed. They're absolutely HUGE here & it's currently very cool to like them, so they sell millions. IMHO their talent just doesn't justify that level of sales & they're very overhyped. I much prefer the more commercial sounding pop bands (Kids in Glass Houses, Go:Audio, Forever the Sickest Kids). That said, I'd much rather hear the Killers on the radio to Rap or R&B!

AWFUL!

meh...

they still suck

Backed. They're absolutely HUGE here & it's currently very cool to like them, so they sell millions. IMHO their talent just doesn't justify that level of sales & they're very overhyped. I much prefer the more commercial sounding pop bands (Kids in Glass Houses, Go:Audio, Forever the Sickest Kids). That said, I'd much rather hear the Killers on the radio to Rap or R&B!

A lot of truth here. I hate this band too and it just seems to me that if you're going to bother liking something like this, you may as well concentrate those efforts on a good band like Go:Audio or Forever the Sickest Kids. ;)