Paypal does it again......Avoid this Person

Well just when you think things are ok, Paypal turns and screws you again.....1st off everyone needs to avoid this buyer:

GIANLUCA DE BERNARDIN aka corvonero63 from Italy

This person won 3 Lion cd's back earlier this month and wanted them shipped registered......So i did, well i wake up this morning to find that a claim had been filed against me for "goods not received"......So i take my registered number and go to the Post Office, and sure enough, they had been delivered.........So i email him and he goes on and on about how he has not received them.......So i ask what about your signature when they dropped them off.........Well the prompted him not to reply.............Then i look and the assbag left me negative feedback......

So i contact Paypal, gave them all the info, and guess they tell me....More or less too damn bad, just deal with it...............So now i am not dealing getting ready to stop all international shipments, they have become to much of a problem.......I know there are many great buyers and traders from all over the world, but this is it for me..........I won't be ripped off again, and Paypal can kiss my ass.........

Later

Lon

Sorry to hear that. I have been hearing alot of complaints on here. I think its time for me to be checking some other options out besides paypal. If registered mail with signature is not enough proof what the hell is enough proof?

I remember Dan saying the other day he got one that wasnt the right item and opened right in front of the post master, got a affidiavate and still it wasnt enough proof.

I can tell you that its impossible for them to charge me back. They can try but I dont have a credit card on file and only use exsisting funds in account. Those funds I keep pretty low. I havent had a problem yet but the more people who figure out you can do it WILL DO IT.

I hope it works out for you

Sorry to hear that. I have been hearing alot of complaints on here. I think its time for me to be checking some other options out besides paypal. If registered mail with signature is not enough proof what the hell is enough proof?

I remember Dan saying the other day he got one that wasnt the right item and opened right in front of the post master, got a affidiavate and still it wasnt enough proof.

I can tell you that its impossible for them to charge me back. They can try but I dont have a credit card on file and only use exsisting funds in account. Those funds I keep pretty low. I havent had a problem yet but the more people who figure out you can do it WILL DO IT.

Just curious...how do you have a paypal account & not have a credit card on file? I would think that paypal would jump all over this & threaten to suspend your account. Don't get me wrong, I loathe paypal myself & love it that your funds are protected against charge backs. I'd just like to know how you did it.

Just curious...how do you have a paypal account & not have a credit card on file? I would think that paypal would jump all over this & threaten to suspend your account. Don't get me wrong, I loathe paypal myself & love it that your funds are protected against charge backs. I'd just like to know how you did it.

When I signed up for Paypal I only needed confirm my address which they sent me a letter in mail with code to enter and I entered a bank account number for transfering money from my bank account to Paypal if needed.

As far as I know If you dont have to have a credit card on file to have a Paypal account. It just shows that you dont have a confirmed address(to verify a credit card) when you Pay someone. I never did understand the credit card deal but then I never used one either

Ive always payed for my items from my exsisting Paypal account which came from sales I made on Ebay.

I never saw a reason for Paypal to have my credit card number so I never gave it to them.

I remember about a year ago my wife used my Paypal card for a withdraw from ATM not realizing I had just bought something on ebay and it overdrew my Paypal account and went into the negative. All Paypal did was email me and said I had 7 days to get my Paypal account back up in the positive.

I just transfered the money from my bank account into Paypal. As far as I know a chargeback can only be done on a credit card but dont quote me on that.

Dan's simple rules of Ebaying:

As a seller:

1. Buyer in the U.S.? Only accept PayPal, BidPay, cash via registered mail, or USPS money order.

2. Buyer outside of the U.S.? Only accept BidPay or cash via registered mail.

3. When accepting BidPay, do NOT rely on emails supposedly from BidPay telling you a money order is en route! Scammers can forge those emails. Always log into your BidPay account and verify that payment has been made. Under NO circumstances do you ever ship the merchandise before receipt of the money order.

4. Absolutely NO third-party transactions whatsoever ("Send the merchandise to my buddy, who will send it to me" or "I owe so and so money. I'll send you a money order/certified check for more than what you're asking, keep $XXX as a fee and send the rest of the cash to my friend and the merchandise to me."). All bogus. All scams. By the time the money order/certified check is found out to be bogus, both your money and merchandise are long gone.

As a buyer:

1. When paying via PayPal for anything over $50, ALWAYS fund it with a credit card. Not your PayPal balance (drain the balance to your bank account first if necessary) and not your bank account. Why? When PayPal's "Buyer Protection" comes up squat and leaves you holding the bag (they find in the seller's favor or the seller has flown the coop after draining his account so there is no money to recover), you can file with your credit card company and they will hit PayPal for the amount.

2. Be VERY wary of items that have large shipping costs, whether it's due to large/heavy items within the U.S., or the insanely stupid shipping costs charged by most European sellers (why is that European sellers always want to charge me twice as much to ship to me as it would be to ship the same item to them? With the poor dollar, it should be exactly the opposite), you want to be REAL careful of the relative cost of shipping to the item in question. Why? In the event that you either need to return the item, or it is damaged in shipping, or it was "not as desccribed" both PayPal and most credit card companies require that in order to pay your claim, you must return the merchandise to the seller AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. If the shipping charges were large to begin with, you may almost be as well off just eating the purchase rather than paying out-of-pocket to return the merchandise. This is ESPECIALLY true with PayPal, since they want you to return the merchandise BEFORE they attempt to recover funds, and there is never a guarantee that they can recover any funds, so you might end up being out (1) what you originally paid, (2) the cost to ship the merchandise back, and (3) the merchandise iteself.

It's a minefield out there...

-Dan

Hey Lon,

Here's what I do when I ship. All US addresses have to be shipped registered. It's only like $.50. If it's outside the US use Global Priority. Most countries accept it and the tracking number on your receipt can be tracked at www.usglobal.com It's $5 for a small packet regardless of the country.

I hope this helps.........

JL

Hey Lon,

Here's what I do when I ship. All US addresses have to be shipped registered. It's only like $.50. If it's outside the US use Global Priority. Most countries accept it and the tracking number on your receipt can be tracked at www.usglobal.com It's $5 for a small packet regardless of the country.

JL

I think you mean "Delivery Confirmation." Registering a package is $7.50 in addition to postage. Also, in his case, since the buyer was in Italy, Delivery Confirmation is not an option, and PayPal does not consider a Registered Mail signature to be proof of delivery (why, I have no fucking idea).

-Dan

Hey Lon,

JL

I think you mean "Delivery Confirmation." Registering a package is $7.50 in addition to postage. Also, in his case, since the buyer was in Italy, Delivery Confirmation is not an option, and PayPal does not consider a Registered Mail signature to be proof of delivery (why, I have no fucking idea).

-Dan

Oops, yes I meant delivery confirmation for US only. For overseas use Global Priority. It gives you a tracking number that you can give to Paypal to prove you shipped the item. That's all Paypal is looking for essentially.

JL

Just to update everyone.........Well it seems something i did got someones attention.....After all the jumping thru hoops, I filed and "Internet International Mail Fraud" complaint with ICFCC, well within 24 hours i was contacted by the ICFCC and gave them all the pertinent info........Approx. 6 hours later i receive and email from Paypal explaining they were contacted, now here is the funny part.......

"We do not understand why you would contact someone else regardling this issue, we are investigating it to the fullest"

Yeah right, investigating it to eventually say sorry you lost you money and your cd's.......So i figured i had pissed someone off at Paypal now, oh well.......Then i receive an email from this jackass in Italy saying that he was dropping the Paypal claim and had received his items......No shit, i already knew this....Apparently he was contacted via email by the ICFCC.....So then he has the nerve to ask if i will remove the negative feedback.....I did remove it, only to remove the negative he left for me off my account........But i did learn something, well besides never shipping outside the US again, If you have a problem, such as this, do what ever steps are necessary to cause the other person as much grief as possible.....It worked for me.......

Later

Lon

Just to update everyone.........Well it seems something i did got someones attention.....After all the jumping thru hoops, I filed and "Internet International Mail Fraud" complaint with ICFCC, well within 24 hours i was contacted by the ICFCC and gave them all the pertinent info........Approx. 6 hours later i receive and email from Paypal explaining they were contacted, now here is the funny part.......

"We do not understand why you would contact someone else regardling this issue, we are investigating it to the fullest"

Yeah right, investigating it to eventually say sorry you lost you money and your cd's.......So i figured i had pissed someone off at Paypal now, oh well.......Then i receive an email from this jackass in Italy saying that he was dropping the Paypal claim and had received his items......No shit, i already knew this....Apparently he was contacted via email by the ICFCC.....So then he has the nerve to ask if i will remove the negative feedback.....I did remove it, only to remove the negative he left for me off my account........But i did learn something, well besides never shipping outside the US again, If you have a problem, such as this, do what ever steps are necessary to cause the other person as much grief as possible.....It worked for me.......

Later

Lon

Congrats to you Lon. All that hard work paif off. I'm glad to see that somebody didn't get screwed by Paypal. :banana:

JL

• 1 month later...

Been reading on this one-- pretty scary though-- just imagine how many just say fuck it and let paypal screw them-- Send some props to ya Lonnie!! Glad you didnt end up getting screwed!! Later RW :headbanger:

Been reading on this one--  pretty scary though-- just imagine how many just say fuck it and let paypal screw them--  Send some props to ya Lonnie!!  Glad you didnt end up getting screwed!!  Later  RW :headbanger:

Yeah it sucks when you get screwed <_<

JL

Been reading on this one--  pretty scary though-- just imagine how many just say fuck it and let paypal screw them--  Send some props to ya Lonnie!!  Glad you didnt end up getting screwed!!  Later  RW :headbanger:

Yeah it sucks when you get screwed <_<

JL

Ya did some searching to keep this alive huh..? Just let it die... everyone knows how you feel... drop it.

• 2 weeks later...

I trully understand how PAYPAL can screw people. I have received a pirate copy with a photocopy cover instead of the actual cd and covers for The Polyfuze method-Kid Rock and also I ordered the same cd form another seller and the first cd arrived in pirate copy and the second never arrived. I inform ebay about it but I did the mistake to mixed the sellers and mention the first as never arrived and the second as a pirate copy. When I realised my mistake paypal couldnt change my initial claim so I just lost my money on a non-delivery item and holding a pirate copy cd. Also when I bought the Easy Action - That Makes One, i never received it and even if I contact paypal they decided that I am right and the seller was a scam and they refund me with 1,25usd when i spend 65USD and they said that those were the only money on the sellers account. Isaid so why you are offering 500 usd protection and stupid like that? And ofcourse I only received a typica we are sorry but thats it. I hate paypal because instead of supporting the buyers that takes most of the risk and send money to strangers they are just so bad of offering a good reliable and safe service. But because they are under the same company with ebay all we do is to keep using it unfortunately. I have lost many times money because of the unfair paypal policy and generaly way of managing those situations. Good Luck people and Keep On Rockin'

Ha!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone turns the tables on Paypal:) I will save this somewhere for future reference. This procedure could come in handy. I had a guy in Italy couple months ago also say he didnt recieve his item. He didnt take it any further. He did realize how tight his countries mail restrictions were.

Good job and well done :banana:

Later

Lon