• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top five rarest CD

(no particular order)

DIVING FOR PEARLS 1st

COBRA first strike

STAGE DOLLS commando founded for 8 € in a used CD shop.

CANNATA Images Of Forever

ROBERT TEPPER No Easy Way Out

... Of course this list isn't exhaustive.

Bon Jovi - Slippery when wet

Def Leppard - Hysteria

Bon Jovi - Keep the faith

Guns n' Roses - Appetite for destruction

Guns n' Roses - Use your illusion 1 (tough call between that and 2)

I know, I know… everyone wants to trade with me. Well, just be civil and I'll see if I can get to all the emails.

:ahole:

Anyway, my collection is at home and I'm here, so off the top of my head I'd have to say my rarest originals are:

Crush - …this

Crush - s/t

Hot Stuff - Kind of Crime

Sahara Rain

Ice Tiger

Wild One

… I know I have some much rarer than that, but off the top of my head I'd name those ones. :)

All these CDs are original and were purchased for $5 or less.

Slick Moon: Stay The Night

Robin Miller: If You Had a Heart

Spread Eagle: S/T

Marchello: Destiny

EG Daily: Lace Around the Wound

Jack Wagner: Don't Quit Your Day Job

Tyketto: Don't Come Easy

Friction: Baby Talk

The following rarities used to be part of my collection, but I sold them on ebay during a lengthy stint of unemployment. Pricewise, nothing over $5. In fact the Cauze CD cost me a mere 100 pennies.

The Cauze: S/T

Ugly Wanda: One Night

Hall of Fame: The Induction

Blueworld: S/T

Cast of Shadows: Face the Time

Def Leppard: "Women" CD promo

wasn't in my collection, but I found two copies of EXIZT after midnight and sold both of them very nicely..

None of the really rare records in my personal collection have a lot to do with hard rock or AOR-

The only thing I'm missing would be to get a copy of Nina Hagen's CD 'Fearless'...only ever issued in Brazil , its very rare and copies used to go for about 300$.......the only one of her albums not readily availbale on CD...

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot one:

STAGE DOLLS - Commandoes

Mine is a bona fide original copy & is signed by the band.

geez, top 5 cds always a tuffy,

reissued top 5

rock boulevard - rock boulevard

friction - baby talk

surrender - surrender

the cauze - the cauze

talk of the town - talk of the town

non reissue

hot boy - barely legal

tin drum - drums of war

blonde on blonde - labyrinth of love

stage dolls - commandos

venture - a nation behind ( pst winters reign, excellent slice of pomp )

:)

I can go on, what about ugly wanda, oslo, under lock n key, white eagle, theatre, double drive, swallows, kill city dragons, sierra, de 5 etc...

There's a lot of them in my collection, but now I remeber these:

Unruly Child - s/t

Harem Scarem - Acoustic Sessions (ultra rare EP)

Harem Scarem - If There Was A Time EP

Skagarack - s/t

Diving For Pearls - s/t (original pressing)

Hot Boy - Barely Legal

Poison - Stand single

Paul Janz - Electricity

etc...

HiI!

My 10 rarest original cds are:

- OSLO "OSLO" (PROMO ONLY)

- STAGE DOLLS "COMMANDOS" (US VERSION 1987)

- OXIDO "BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS" (ITALY)

- YANKEE "YANKEE" (SONY BRAZIL 1992 - AUTOGRAPHED BY A DEAD MEMBER)

- CHRYSALID "LICENSE TO KILL" (FRANCE)

- HOTBOY "BARELY LEGAL" (TOP INDIE)

- CAVALO VAPOR "CAVALO VAPOR" (MAYBE THE RAREST BRAZILIAN INDIE CD)

- HURRY SCUARY "BREAK IT UP (JAPANESE ONLY)

- KILL CITY DRAGONS "KILL CITY DRAGONS" (1990)

- 17 "17" (PROMO ONLY)

all the best

Adriano - adboimel@uol.com.br :drink::band::headbanger:

1. WHITE EAGLE - BUSTING ASS

2. CONCRETE JUNGLE - WEAR AND TEAR

3.FIRST OFFENSE - WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE

4.SISTER SKY - FORGIVEN

5.HEAVY METAL COWBOYS - UNFINISHED MASTERS

6. HOT BOY - BARELY LEGAL (THANKS M. BUTT) :butt:

7. KNOW ILLUSION - BACK ON THE STREETS

8.ROTT SOX - SELF TITLED

9.MACH 1 - MACH 1

10. XL - ROCK ALL OVER YOU

:banger::band:

Ok...here goes my top 5 rarest cd's.....took years to find these......but I could not limit it to 5, sorry for the long list......

1 - Tattoo - "Kings Of The White Trash Neigborhood" rare 3rd cd, but the best of the bunch!

2 - Fire Dept. - "Things Are Tough All Over" no one has this rare hair metal indie from the early 90's, everyone now can scramble to find it, now that I have mentioned it, lol.....

3 - Witzend "Start The Fire" killer hard edged Aor from this PA. band

4 - Villan - "s/t" This band from Tacoma WA. has a sound that reminds me of Queensryche, great stuff!

5 - Trash Can Baby - "s/t" Took me years to find this one, incredible!

6 - TX BarryT - "X's" Paid big bucks for this one, but worth it!

7 - Sgt. Roxx - "Push and Squeeze" no words can describe this one, so I won't even try.....

8 - Symon Sezz - "Southern Grit Is Cool" bluesy, glam with a southern flavor, rare!

9 - Street Kidz - "Out Of The Ruins" I actually found 2 of these, sold the 2nd one for big bucks....one of my favorites....

10 - Star Star - "Go Go Girls In Love" I have seen this pop up on ebay but not complete, always seems to be missing the front insert, mine is complete....

11 - Hard Knox - "Psycos R Us" rare hair metal indie from Utah....one on ebay right now.....

12 - KK Wilde - "Cocaine Cowboy" this is rumored to not actually exist, but I am here to tell you there is at least one and I have it.....lol....

13 - Reckless Youth - "Invisible Robot Fish" the title is strange but the music is great.....

14 - Rockabye - "s/t" great PA. hair metal band

15 - Bronx Zoo - "Lustfull Thinking" also one on ebay, good stuff....

16 - Pleezer - "s/t" Excellent hair metal indie

17 - Poetic Justice - "Watch Your Back" just sold for $200 on ebay, another unknown great indie....

18 - Exizt - "After Midnight" it is uncanny how good this is......

19 - Paradise - "Prime Cut" never heard of this?? most folks haven't, killer hair metal with a great sleazy cover.....

20 - Play Dirty - "Shut Up and Listen" only 4 tracks but excellent stuff..

21 - Pound Of Flesh - "s/t" Took me years to find this one.....

22 - New Dynasty - "Mad Monster Party" just sold for $455n ebay..

23 - Tuff Luck - "Breakin' Down The Walls" sold my extra copy of this one for $450, Paulo got it at a bit better price, way to go paulo!!

24 - Lipstik - "First Kiss" killer 4 track ep

25 - Kid Cyote - "Animal Lust" almost waited to buy this one, glad I didn't!

26 - Blind Gypsy - "Never Coming Home" probably my favorite cd, no shit!

27 - Gypsy Stew - "Down In One" Thanks to J for this one!

28 - Gangster - "Rock N Roll Hitmen" the original is still extremely rare, unlike the latest cd-r re-issue...

29 - Fanatix - "s/t" great hard rock like danger danger

30 - Friction - "Baby Talk" this is the original, very rare

31 - NVS - "S/T" picked this up for $80, probably would sell for $500+ these days....

32 - Eli - "Push It Hard" and their 2nd cd, "Beware Of The Dog" both great cd's!

33 - De Ja Vu - "One Size Fits All" great stuff!

34 - Chrysalid - "License To Kill" great french metal!

35 - Janstate - "Shot To Pieces" I know what your thinking, that ain't rare...this is the original indie they put out before the Zero jap pressing.....same great music...different cooler cover.....

36 - Antix - "Take It Off" Great metal!

37 - Alyze - "Playing With Desire" Original pressing, there are actually 2 original pressings of this, both nearly impossible to find......

38 - Bad Fashion - "Hurt" great cover......and it rocks!

39 - Concrete Jungle - "Wear N Tear" one of my all time favorites....

40 - 86 Proof - "Long Hard Rocker" nothing to say on this one, pick it up if you see it.....

41 - Meeses To Peeces - "Admit One" Thanks PJ for this rarity!

42 - Wanted - "Psycho Drifter" sounds like early pantera and dangerous toys crossed....

43 - The Movies " Can't Get Through" great hard rock/hair metal cd

44 - Kerygma Child - "s/t" I can't believe I left this one off the list....great cd, if anyone can find this, better pick it up....(thanks for the reminder J)

45 - Dancyr - "In & out" another one I can't believe I left off the list, mega rare...

Honorable mention goes to Flame - Blaze (original), Hotboy, Theatre, Taken, White Eagle, Vanadium, Sister Sky, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Jillson, The Cauze, Lessdress, Belicose, Spiced Ice, Simon Says, Cleavage, Crossbones, Sweet Lips, The Unknown, TLC, Chainbreaker, Cadillac Bratz, J-Train, Cuttlass, Razor White, Know Illusion, Rott Sox, Mach 1, XL, First Offense, Phantom Park.. etc...etc...etc...etc..

if you are reading this far you are even more bored than I am........lol...

also...I just paid the most I have ever paid for a cd.....

Quota - "Stick To your Guns" this could be the rarest cd I have..not sure yet......also have coming in Catz Ass - "Ride This"....

This might sound like bragging, but in all seriousness I am very proud of all the time I have wasted in my life waiting for auctions to end, and cd's to arrive.....I must have a helluva wife!!!

Ok...here goes my top 5 rarest cd's.....took years to find these......but I could not limit it to 5, sorry for the long list......

1 - Tattoo - "Kings Of The White Trash Neigborhood" rare 3rd cd, but the best of the bunch!

2 -  Fire Dept. - "Things Are Tough All Over" no one has this rare hair metal indie from the early 90's, everyone now can scramble to find it, now that I have mentioned it, lol.....

4 - Villan - "s/t"  This band from Tacoma WA. has a sound that reminds me of Queensryche, great stuff!

7 - Sgt. Roxx - "Push and Squeeze" no words can describe this one, so I won't even try.....

8 - Symon Sezz - "Southern Grit Is Cool"  bluesy, glam with a southern flavor, rare!

9 - Street Kidz - "Out Of The Ruins"  I actually found 2 of these, sold the 2nd one for big bucks....one of my favorites....

10 - Star Star - "Go Go Girls In Love" I have seen this pop up on ebay but not complete, always seems to be missing the front insert, mine is complete....

11 - Hard Knox - "Psycos R Us"  rare hair metal indie from Utah....one on ebay right now.....

12 - KK Wilde - "Cocaine Cowboy" this is rumored to not actually exist, but I am here to tell you there is at least one and I have it.....lol....

13 - Reckless Youth - "Invisible Robot Fish" the title is strange but the music is great.....

17 - Poetic Justice - "Watch Your Back" just sold for $200 on ebay, another unknown great indie....

19 - Paradise - "Prime Cut" never heard of this?? most folks haven't, killer hair metal with a great sleazy cover.....

22 - New Dynasty - "Mad Monster Party" just sold for  $455n ebay..

23 - Tuff Luck - "Breakin' Down The Walls" sold my extra copy of this one for $450, Paulo got it at a bit better price, way to go paulo!!

28 - Gangster - "Rock N Roll Hitmen" the original is still extremely rare, unlike the latest cd-r re-issue...

31 - NVS - "S/T" picked this up for $80, probably would sell for $500+ these days....

32 - Eli - "Push It Hard"  and their 2nd cd, "Beware Of The Dog" both great cd's!

35 - Janstate - "Shot To Pieces"  I know what your thinking, that ain't rare...this is the original indie they put out before the Zero jap pressing.....same great music...different cooler cover.....

37 - Alyze - "Playing With Desire" Original pressing, there are actually 2 original pressings of this, both nearly impossible to find......

38 - Bad Fashion - "Hurt"  great cover......and it rocks!

40 - 86 Proof - "Long Hard Rocker" nothing to say on this one, pick it up if you see it.....

42 - Wanted - "Psycho Drifter"  sounds like early pantera and dangerous toys crossed....

Honorable mention goes to Flame - Blaze (original), Hotboy, Theatre, Taken, White Eagle, Vanadium, Sister Sky, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Jillson, The Cauze, Lessdress, Belicose, Spiced Ice, Simon Says, Cleavage, Crossbones, Sweet Lips, The Unknown, TLC, Chainbreaker, Cadillac Bratz, J-Train, Cuttlass, Razor White, Know Illusion, Rott Sox, Mach 1, XL, First Offense.. etc...etc...etc...etc..

Quota - "Stick To your Guns" this could be the rarest cd I have..not sure yet......also have coming in Catz Ass - "Ride This"....

This might sound like bragging, but in all seriousness I am very proud of all the time I have wasted in my life waiting for auctions to end, and cd's to arrive.....I must have a helluva wife!!!

Awww...now yer jus' showin' off!!! ;):lol:

And not even ONE mention of Kerygma Child!! :blink:

2 -  Fire Dept. - "Things Are Tough All Over" no one has this rare hair metal indie from the early 90's, everyone now can scramble to find it, now that I have mentioned it, lol.....

4 - Villan - "s/t"  This band from Tacoma WA. has a sound that reminds me of Queensryche, great stuff!

8 - Symon Sezz - "Southern Grit Is Cool"  bluesy, glam with a southern flavor, rare!

9 - Street Kidz - "Out Of The Ruins"  I actually found 2 of these, sold the 2nd one for big bucks....one of my favorites....

11 - Hard Knox - "Psycos R Us"  rare hair metal indie from Utah....one on ebay right now.....

22 - New Dynasty - "Mad Monster Party" just sold for  $455n ebay..

32 - Eli - "Push It Hard"  and their 2nd cd, "Beware Of The Dog" both great cd's!

35 - Janstate - "Shot To Pieces"  I know what your thinking, that ain't rare...this is the original indie they put out before the Zero jap pressing.....same great music...different cooler cover.....

38 - Bad Fashion - "Hurt"  great cover......and it rocks!

42 - Wanted - "Psycho Drifter"  sounds like early pantera and dangerous toys crossed....

Honorable mention goes to Flame - Blaze (original), Hotboy, Theatre, Taken, White Eagle, Vanadium, Sister Sky, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Jillson, The Cauze, Lessdress, Belicose, Spiced Ice, Simon Says, Cleavage, Crossbones, Sweet Lips, The Unknown, TLC, Chainbreaker, Cadillac Bratz, J-Train, Cuttlass, Razor White, Know Illusion, Rott Sox, Mach 1, XL, First Offense.. etc...etc...etc...etc..

Awww...now yer jus' showin' off!!! ;):lol:

And not even ONE mention of Kerygma Child!! :blink:

Well......I guess I am showing off a little, and there are 3000 more cd's that just did not make the list...lol...., thanks to you for helping me build this....as well as another fellow who shall remain nameless....you know who you are....lol......also would have to mention folks like PJ, Koogles, Paulo, Mike, Adriano, Taki, Burt, Metal Mayhem, Dave in canada, Dave in PA, and of course EBAY,.....without big time sellers I would have no collection at all......lol...... (my apologies if I left someone off this list, although some would not want to be on the list, that is why I left them off), lol...:)

My 20 rarest CD's in my collection:

1 - Roulette - Pull My Trigger (Hands down, the best and rarest CD in my collection, The best Hair Metal CD around. Holy Grail of all indies!!)

2 - Rawkon - S/T (8 Tracks of pure heaven for a Hair Metal fan)

3 - Rock Candy - 8 Ladies In The Late 80's (Promo disc, when looking for another record label, comes with excellent artwork)

4 - Pair-A-Dice - S/T (Ultra rare disc on Japanesse label Monster Productions)

5 - N.V.S. - S/T (As Mikey said, would probably go for over $500 and in my opinion, worth every cent)

6 - Alleycat Smile - 4 Track Demo (Looking For A Record Label, Smashing Hair Metal/Glam and great cover art)

7 - Sweet Teaze - Groovin' On The Flip Side (Beat Skid Row at their own game, Thanks Randy for hooking me up with this. Only 2 ever pressed!! And I have one. Look out for a Suncity Records release of this AWESOME Disc early next year!!)

8 - Mark Denaro - Dakota (Released before Denaro's S/T Disc in 1992)

9 - Swanz - S/T (Thanks Rip for bring this one to my attention, hyper rare unknown hair metal indie)

10 - Black Eyes Susan - Just A Taste (Promo with full art work, silver pressing, just Magic!!! Loads better than their debut)

11 - Nasty Habit - Lick The Groove

12 - Scratch - S/T (Awesome sleaze/Hair Metal from the U.S.A. Thanks again Rip)

13 - Fx - S/T (Another one Ripper brought to my attention)

14 - Bigg Mama - S/T (Now everyone needs this one in their collection)

15 - Kidd Wicked - S/T (Everyone knows how rare this one is)

16 - Rock Boulevard - S/T (Silver pressing!!)

17 - Love Sikk Junkiez - Sex Action (Awesome Hair Metal/Glam. Only 500 pressed!!)

18 - K.K. Wilde - Cocaine Cowboy (Ultra rare!!)

19 - Blue Tears - Dancin' On The Bacl Streets (This won't be so rare in about a month. Already talked about being the Hard Rock/AOR album of the year!!)

20 - Swingin' Thing - Keep On Swingin' (This won't be so rare in about a month. The best Motley Crue (Dr. Feelgood) sounding CD I have ever heard. Massive production that is very close to Bob Rocks.)

My 20 rarest CD's in my collection:

1 - Roulette - Pull My Trigger (Hands down, the best and rarest CD in my collection, The best Hair Metal CD around. Holy Grail of all indies!!)

2 - Rawkon - S/T (8 Tracks of pure heaven for a Hair Metal fan)

3 - Rock Candy - 8 Ladies In The Late 80's (Promo disc, when looking for another record label, comes with excellent artwork)

4 - Pair-A-Dice - S/T (Ultra rare disc on Japanesse label Monster Productions)

5 - N.V.S. - S/T (As Mikey said, would probably go for over $500 and in my opinion, worth every cent)

6 - Alleycat Smile - 4 Track Demo (Looking For A Record Label, Smashing Hair Metal/Glam and great cover art)

7 - Sweet Teaze - Groovin' On The Flip Side (Beat Skid Row at their own game, Thanks Randy for hooking me up with this. Only 2 ever pressed!! And I have one. Look out for a Suncity Records release of this AWESOME Disc early next year!!)

8 - Mark Denaro - Dakota (Released before Denaro's S/T Disc in 1992)

9 - Swanz - S/T (Thanks Rip for bring this one to my attention, hyper rare unknown hair metal indie)

10 - Black Eyes Susan - Just A Taste (Promo with full art work, silver pressing, just Magic!!! Loads better than their debut)

11 - Nasty Habit - Lick The Groove

12 - Scratch - S/T (Awesome sleaze/Hair Metal from the U.S.A. Thanks again Rip)

13 - Fx - S/T (Another one Ripper brought to my attention)

14 - Bigg Mama - S/T (Now everyone needs this one in their collection)

15 - Kidd Wicked - S/T (Everyone knows how rare this one is)

16 - Rock Boulevard - S/T (Silver pressing!!)

17 - Love Sikk Junkiez - Sex Action (Awesome Hair Metal/Glam. Only 500 pressed!!)

18 - K.K. Wilde - Cocaine Cowboy (Ultra rare!!)

19 - Blue Tears - Dancin' On The Bacl Streets (This won't be so rare in about a month. Already talked about being the Hard Rock/AOR album of the year!!)

20 - Swingin' Thing - Keep On Swingin' (This won't be so rare in about a month. The best Motley Crue (Dr. Feelgood) sounding CD I have ever heard. Massive production that is very close to Bob Rocks.)

rarest cd's i own:

Mara - Poetry & Motion (Jap) (Not expensive at all but rare!)

Wild Force - Wild Force (Same as above. I think I payed $30?)

Bronz - Taken By Storm (Orig. Jap w/OBI)

Mari Hamada - Mari's Collection (Jap)

Trans Am - Unlimited

Torben Schmidt - A Bit On The Side (Jap)

220 Volt - Eye II Eye (Jap)

Treat - Scratch & Bite (Jap)

Show-Ya - White (Jap)

I'm not sure what the rarest ones are. The Bronz for sure, dunno about the rest.

I don't have more than these. Some of them you would probably call rare, others not. But I found them pretty difficult to find. Most cost me between $20 - $30.

2AM - When every Second counts ($9 !!!, not like on HH. But very overrated IMO)

Bad Habit - 13 Years of Bad Habits

Diving for Pearls - S/T

Eyes - Eyes

Frankie & the Knockouts - Makin' the Point

Frontline - Heroes (Jap. version)

Grand Prix - Samurai

Head East - A different Kind of Crazy

Heavy Pettin' - Big Bang

Icon - Night of the Crime (Reborn Classics, 18 tracks, incl. "A more perfect Union")

i-Ten - Taking a cold Look

Jamilya - Over the Edge ($34, puuh ...more than I usually spend !)

John Brannen - Mystery Street

Johnny Lima - Shine On

Lamorna - The Rainhorse (phantastic !, need to submit it one of these days)

Phil Vincent - Thunder in the East

Red Dawn - Never say Surrender ($45, no comment !!)

Sha-Boom - The Race is On

Silver Condor - Trouble at Home

Skagarack - Hungry for a game, A Slice of Heaven

Stage Dolls - Dig

Survivor - Vital Signs

Tyketto - Don't come Easy

Unruly Child - S/T

Van Stephenson - Suspicious Heart, Righteous Anger

Virginia Wolf - S/T

... and the search goes on and on !! :banger:

• 1 month later...

Here Are The Top 15 Rarities I Have In My Collection Which I Consider Myself as My Top 15.......

1) TRIFFID - Uncovered

2) PLEEZER - S/T

3) PHANTOM PARK - Freight-Trained!

4) KIDD WIKKID - S/T

5) KK WILDE - Cocaine Cowboy

6) LUV JUNKIES - S/T

7) FRANCE - Lay It On Me

8) DE JA VU - One Size Fits All

9) EXIZT - After Midnight

10) POETIC JUSTICE - Watch Your Back

11) PRETTY WICKED - S/T

12) HARD KNOX - Psychos 'R Us

13) CLEAVAGE - The Demo (White Cover)

14) NASTY NASTY - Get Some

15) THEATRE - Sexy Lady

I Could Keep Going..but that will do...

:chug:

Guest Mediaab

Oslo Oslo

Kidd Wikkid s/t

Stage Dolls Commandos

Paul Sabu Sabu (Jap)

Tindrum Drums Of War

Friction Baby Talk

Hurricane Take what you want

220 Volt Eye to Eye (Euro original, very nice cover art)

Ps If you wish you had any of these and don't already, let me know and I might be able to help out, sell or trade. I also trade MP3's in good quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the following cds that I know and think are rare.

Big Bang Babies- Big Bang Babies, which I got for free from Gerry Gittleson to say sorry for any confusion on our transactions. How cool would that have been to be their manager?

Uncle Edna- Uncle Edna, which I got from the Jillson drummer

• 1 year later...