James Arwine Ripoff artist

Hey folks

Everyone here knows all about James Arwine being the biggest jackass ripoff artist on ebay in a very long time.....His list of names/alias's are as long as stretch of Highway between Vegas and LA......I received word from someone who shall remain nameless right now, who was recently ripped off by MR. Arwine under yet another name, but the address went right back to Red Lion, Pa..........There are more and more things coming to light about this guy, so everyone be on the lookout when looking at stuff on Ebay (as most of us are anyway) because i would hate to see any of my fellow traders/friends scammed by this jackass.........Like it was stated in a different post, we really need a spot here at HH to place "Shady Sellers" where everyone can read it and be up to date on sellers.......

I know at least one more member here on the HH boards heard from the same person on Ebay......When i get more info i will pass it on to everyone.......

Take care

Lon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks

Everyone here knows all about James Arwine being the biggest jackass ripoff artist on ebay in a very long time.....His list of names/alias's are as long as stretch of Highway between Vegas and LA......I received word from someone who shall remain nameless right now, who was recently ripped off by MR. Arwine under yet another name, but the address went right back to Red Lion, Pa..........There are more and more things coming to light about this guy, so everyone be on the lookout when looking at stuff on Ebay (as most of us are anyway) because i would hate to see any of my fellow traders/friends scammed by this jackass.........Like it was stated in a different post, we really need a spot here at HH to place "Shady Sellers" where everyone can read it and be up to date on sellers.......

I know at least one more member here on the HH boards heard from the same person on Ebay......When i get more info i will pass it on to everyone.......

Take care

Lon

The day someone finds James' carcass in a shallow ditch wont come soon enough :2up:

I really wish eBay will make it so the seller can see the bidder's info once a bid is placed. It will save A LOT of trouble for everyone if we can see this BEFORE the auction's end!

Guest ypsmusik
Hey folks

Take care

Lon

The day someone finds James' carcass in a shallow ditch wont come soon enough :2up:

I really wish eBay will make it so the seller can see the bidder's info once a bid is placed. It will save A LOT of trouble for everyone if we can see this BEFORE the auction's end!

James Arwine new name on ebay is cdcllctr. Look on his feedback and extra on the comments.

He bid by my ebay auction and told me he could not pay for the items for a month.

Take care,

Joachim

Hey folks

Take care

Lon

James Arwine new name on ebay is cdcllctr. Look on his feedback and extra on the comments.

He bid by my ebay auction and told me he could not pay for the items for a month.

Take care,

Joachim

Oh yeah it is definately him...........From the info on ebay his newest ID was just made May-15-05 and he already has 2 negatives, and like ypsmusic said, he tells the sellers he can not pay for a month.....Then why bid........It makes no sense.....

But apparently he is not only scamming people on Ebay, he has defrauded some other people for $1000's of dollars for others things too.......This dude needs to be locked away for a long time.......I will give more details about him very soon.....

Later

Lon

Guest ypsmusik

Here is his original e-mail at me:

SKELETON CREW - GRIND THE ENAMEL

Item number: 4729431702

TAINTED ANGEL / SAY A PRAYER

Item number: 4729431842

Hello....MEGA apologies for not getting in touch before now....I have been out of town and just got back this morning...I will not be able to pay for the cd(s) I won from you on ebay until sometime in mid/late June.....and I WILL pay you...I have some important financial issues right now that need taken care of namely my trans going out in my vehicle while out of town,and having a huge towing bill and repair bill....and need some more time to pay you....please advise as to whether or not this time frame is acceptable to you...thanks!

This Guy is really funny!!! :anon:

Joachim :

James Arwine has more emergencies than anyone on the planet! He always has an excuse why he can't pay, and it is always a month delay, I have some folks who need a week, and that is fine, but a month is crazy. He probably doesn't make enough money to support his habit of buying cd's, but can't stop himself from bidding. crazy dude!

Hello....MEGA apologies for not getting in touch before now....I have been out of town and just got back this morning...I will not be able to pay for the cd(s) I won from you on ebay until sometime in mid/late June.....and I WILL pay you...I have some important financial issues right now that need taken care of namely my trans going out in my vehicle while out of town,and having a huge towing bill and repair bill....and need some more time to pay you....please advise as to whether or not this time frame is acceptable to you...thanks!

Joachim :

Joachim :

I've been down this route with him many times... needles to say he never lives up to his word, so save yourself the hassle, go ahead and request FVF (if eBay had fixed the annoying bug with the pulldown menues from yesterday :)

I don't see why eBay just can't take legal action against him so by law, he cannot register another name. He's already proven time and again that all he'll do is commit fraud. :2up:

• 4 weeks later...

A word of warning to all the sellers here...this cocksmoker James Arwine is back in action as musicfan045 . See for yourself at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...&rows=25&sort=3

Block this fucker asap! :2up:

:P

A word of warning to all the sellers here...this cocksmoker James Arwine is back in action as musicfan045 . See for yourself at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...&rows=25&sort=3

Block this fucker asap!  :2up:

:P

Just to update, I emailed a couple of the sellers that he was bidding on, and he has bids were canceled and he was blocked from bidding on anymore of their auctions, he was also reported to Ebay, don't know what good it is going to do, but at least we saved some folks from the hassle of dealing with this 2-finger jackoff.........

Later

Lon

I also notified eBay as soon as I read Mike's post :drink:

Brand New Member, Red Lion PA, His Usernames, What he bids on.......

Brand New Member, Red Lion PA, His Usernames, What he bids on.......

Thanks, I couldn't find what city he was registered in. All I could find was "Location: United States".

I can't figure out why the guy keeps getting away with what he is doing. You would think eBay would do something like having the town name flagged and when a new member used it they would check it to make sure it's not a rip off artist. But I guess that would make too much sense.

Well...he didn't list his home town on this new username, but most of the other "Symptoms" are there <_<

Gee... oddly enough, sometime in the last hour or so, musicfan045 has been NARU'd by eBay.....will wonders never cease! :P:banana:

Gee... oddly enough, sometime in the last hour or so, musicfan045 has been NARU'd by eBay.....will wonders never cease!  :P  :banana:

Na-na na-na na-na na-na, hey hey hey, goodbye... :2up:

Awwwwww......poor guy got booted? :loser:

I got hit by the guy as well.I just now realized it as I was reading this thread.He got the highest bid on my Hurricane Over The Edge CD last week($26.00)and he emailed a few days after the auction and said almost the same thing someone else posted about having car trouble,can't pay until around the middle of July,etc.What kind of kick does this guy get off of bidding on stuff then not paying for it?

I got hit by the guy as well.I just now realized it as I was reading this thread.He got the highest bid on my Hurricane Over The Edge CD last week($26.00)and he emailed a few days after the auction and said almost the same thing someone else posted about having car trouble,can't pay until around the middle of July,etc.What kind of kick does this guy get off of bidding on stuff then not paying for it?

If he's been NLARU'd, then notify eBay and get your listing fee back and relist it. He can't do anything since he's been booted under this name. Don't even bother waiting if this is the fucktard who "won" your auction. Was he using this name or did he have another? If so, list it here for us so we can keep track of him. Thanks :drink:

What kind of kick does this guy get off of bidding on stuff then not paying for it?

Unfortunately, Mr. Arwine isn't the only person who employees the technique of bidding on everything in site, and then selectively paying for his purchases...he just happens to be very BAD at it, and very easy to spot. There are at least one or two other people that I know of who do the exact same thing, but are actually fairly crafty at it.

Here's how the process works:

1. Sign up for a squeeky clean new eBay ID

2. Bid on every rare CD in freaking site!

3. Actually pay for the CDs you win from several well known sellers such as

www-kissmydisc-com, metalmayhemmusic, surrf, etc... to establish some feedback and keep the big sellers happy so that they don't turn against you

4. Start requesting that your bids be cancelled on some of the other high dollar CDs that you're winning

5. Start sending excuses as to why you can't pay for your winnings to the other schmoes you've decided to screw

6. Get yet another squeeky clean new eBay ID

7. Go and un-register the current ID being used when all the negative feedbacks start rolling in...

8. Go back to step 2 and work through the process again...

It's sad that eBay can be manipulated in this way, but it happens more than even most of us here realize.

Something else that is happening more and more is "Paypal Fraud"......What i mean is, people paying via Paypal, then once they receive the item filing a claim saying they never received it........Delivery Confirmation is one way to keep that from happening, but on an International Shipment there is nothing to keep you from getting burnt........Even if you ship it "Registered", you can still be burnt.......I had it happen to me a few short months ago.........I had(or thought i had) all my ducks in a row so to speak, even where the guy in the UK signed for it....Still with Paypal it was a no go, they still refunded the money even with proof it was delivered and HE SIGNED for it.............I look forward to the new "Google Payment System" which is suppose to start up soon, and i hope it is not another Paypal fiasco........

Later

Lon

Something else that is happening more and more is "Paypal Fraud"......What i mean is, people paying via Paypal, then once they receive the item filing a claim saying they never received it........Delivery Confirmation is one way to keep that from happening, but on an International Shipment there is nothing to keep you from getting burnt........Even if you ship it "Registered", you can still be burnt.......I had it happen to me a few short months ago.........I had(or thought i had) all my ducks in a row so to speak, even where the guy in the UK signed for it....Still with Paypal it was a no go, they still refunded the money even with proof it was delivered and HE SIGNED for it.............I look forward to the new "Google Payment System" which is suppose to start up soon, and i hope it is not another Paypal fiasco........

Later

Lon

You and me both. I've started using a "No PayPal from non-U.S. buyers" policy.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'm a "bad American" who is prejudiced against non-Americans, blah, blah, blah. Well, until PayPal actually steps up and protects U.S. sellers on international transactions, it's cash, USPS money order, or BidPay.

No likee? Too bad.

-Dan

If he's been NLARU'd, then notify eBay and get your listing fee back and relist it. He can't do anything since he's been booted under this name. Don't even bother waiting if this is the fucktard who "won" your auction. Was he using this name or did he have another? If so, list it here for us so we can keep track of him. Thanks  :drink:

It has been NLARU'd,it was musicfan045.You know I got to thinking after my last post about someone that bought a couple of CD's off me a month and half or so ago,he emailed me and said he was strapped for cash but he really wanted the CD's and he would pay me at the end of the month if I could hold them,me being the nice guy I am I said yes I would,thinking I wouldn't get paid,but sure enough he paid me at the end of the month through Paypal.Anyways I went back and checked my records and it was the same guy!His ID at the time was hrdrckrma.Good thing I use Delivery Confirmation or he would have filed for a refund with PP and got his money and the CD's.