I just noticed that Voodoo Highway by Badlands is going for $25 to $50 on Ebay. Bo Bice has made this one go up in value. I just found 3 or 4 of these for under $5 just the other day. Looks like it could be time to cash in! LOL! This CD is everywhere, people are sheep!

Steve

Their first cd was pretty good, but got way too bluesy after that one. I can't say I liked anything after the first one which sucks because Jake E Lee is one hell of a shredder! :(

I like both but if I had to choose.....the debut is the better of the 2. Haven't heard Dusk yet, I remember seeing the Japanese version years ago in the local shop but I didn't want to spend the $35.

Jake E. Lee was great, I always enjoyed his playing. Then he dropped off the map. Now he has some covers album due out soon.

I like both but if I had to choose.....the debut is the better of the 2. Haven't heard Dusk yet, I remember seeing the Japanese version years ago in the local shop but I didn't want to spend the $35.

Jake E. Lee was great, I always enjoyed his playing. Then he dropped off the map. Now he has some covers album due out soon.

All three of their cd's are essential to a collection :)

JL

F*ck! I had both those CDs, but sold them both for really cheap on ebay. Should have waited... :(

Damn Bo!

LOL, just kidding. Good on him.

As for Badlands, personally not a fan at all. Not my style of music, but still good to see a band like that noted on a show like Idol. The only reason he did it without music is because no one had ever heard of the song and could not be arranged to be played at the short notice I reckon...

Cheers,

Geoff

It's very blues oriented much like Voodoo Highway, but it's also much more raw. My understanding is that it is essentially the basic tracks for the never to be finished CD. Pretty much just one track each of guitar, vox, bass and drums, I don't hear any overdubs or anything.

That being said, I still think it kicks ass. It has a great vibe going for it, Ray sounds great and Jake is just pure emotion on it. If you're like T-BONE and you didn't much care for the bluesy direction started on VH, you will hate this.

If you want, shoot me a PM and maybe I can send you a track or two to check out.

Cheers!

If ya like BADLANDS then check out the s/t SUN RED SUN album, it's the last record Ray Gillen sang on before he died.

Damn, you can usually snag this CD for well under $5 at any used store. I saw 1 go for $68!!?? I bet they are all buying it for that 1 song Bo sang too. Badlands first CD is much better.

LOL...apparently you need to include the key words "Bo Bice" to get your auction to take off. All most of these bidders need to do is go down to their local used music store and pick up a copy for $8 or $9 max. :rofl2:

LOL...apparently you need to include the key words "Bo Bice" to get your auction to take off.

LOL.....no kiddin'!!! Did y'all see this one on eBay? I mean...I love Bo....and wish him great success......but damn!!!! :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7515210127&rd=1

LOL...apparently you need to include the key words "Bo Bice" to get your auction to take off.

LOL.....no kiddin'!!! Did y'all see this one on eBay? I mean...I love Bo....and wish him great success......but damn!!!! :o

Did you notice that shipping was $15 for that one cd? :angry:

Bo and his band better get their product out asap if they have anything to release right now. They could really cash in.

Did you notice that shipping was $15 for that one cd? :angry:

Bo and his band better get their product out asap if they have anything to release right now. They could really cash in.

I don't see what al lthe fuss is about......I mean it is great that "Bo" has brought attention back to a genre of music.......But BO like Badlands was truly average.....And is definately not worth the price that the Badlands cd's are going for now.......But that is just my opinion.......

Later

Lon