I wish this guy would bid on my auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I believe this person won the White Eagle and Friction CDs for ungodly prices.

Wow... wonder if this guy would be interested in either of the Brian Jack releases... unopenned... :D

11jean11 has been bidding on almost every high priced CD on Ebay. Doesn't always win, but still bids high amounts. I was watching that Silent Knight CD but wasn't willing to go that high, LOL!

Yep, he/she has been in a number of bidding wars with others lately, and been driving up the prices of CDs to way past their actual value. Good for the sellers, but sucks for the rest of us that are interested in the same titles but not willing to go to those ridiculous prices. :angry:

Its OK but he paid like 5-10X what it usually sells for.

Granted to each their own, but to me there isn't a cd in the world worth that kind of money......Some people have more money than they have sense.....Just my opinion of course....

Later

Lon

No doubt...I checked what cd's this guy had bid on & this kinda jumped out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4720774253

12 bucks all day long over at tuffcds.com :screwy:

WOW ... did anyone add up how much he has spent over the last month or so..?

Wonders how I can bait him into some of my auctions..? :D

Might just have to list a few and see if he bites... ;)

this "guy" is driving the market up up up.  $400 + for bashful that went in another auction the same week for $44.  mertz smells something fishy i wonder when some of these cds will show up for auction again and by whom.

mertz

Yeah... sorry to say I think you may be right. Not that it isn't possible... but for someone to all of the sudden show up on ebay spending those amounts for some of those CDs... does have the sent of alittle fish. I'm gonna try to bait this guy with some auctions... I'll let you all know what I put up so you can keep an eye on them if you want. -_-

You smell "a fish" ????!!!!!!! "you're gonna bait him'???? !!! whatever are you talking about?

Here is an individual who has resources much greater than most of those hanging around here, so we are going to accuse him of something dishonest....

This person has been bidding and winning CDs from sellers all over planet earth......he isn't in collusion with someone to drive up prices......he's a late starting collector with deep pockets and goes after what he wants.

The reason why many are heard to say "Oh, I'd never pay such and such for any CD" is because those many DO NOT HAVE THE DEEP POCKETS.

Let's face it.....there are people in other countries that have almost no resources who wouldn't give you 1 cent for your whole collection because they have no resources or their resources are better used for another purpose....

Common.....give the guy a break! There's no BIG MYSTERY here........

Figured it all out..... -_-

Figured it all out.....      -_-

Guess I should have explained... I offered the guy one of the CDs he bid on for over $100 less than he had bid. Told him I would even send the CD first. Then I actually offered him 2 that he had bid on... which would have saved him over $200 for the both of them.. again, I offered to send Cds first. He wasn't interested. You can't tell me that someone wouldn't wanna save over $200 if they could... no matter how deep the pockets are.

Damn, I never meant this to be any type of attack and I never thought this guy was up to anything, just made a comment that I wish I had something this guy would bid on.

He looks like a great buyer to me, you gotta love a guy who has this kind of money to spend, especially if it is on your auctions.

So yeah, he isn't up to anything like Delbert said, just rich or nuts :) but there is no law against either.

mertz is not on the attack just questioning what is going on. how can auction a for bashful go for $400 and auction b at the same time for bashful go for $40. money is not the issue some folks inherit it others earn it and mertz sleeps on his. i still smell a rat.