Striking Some Hassles At The Moment..

Purchased 2 cd's from Metalpinns on the 5/2/05 who is located in Canada. Five weeks later and still no cd's , i emailed asking what is happening and i was told "normal post can take anything from 30 to 80 days".

I emailed again just the other day as they had still not arrived and got the same reply.I then replied back saying it was now 87 days and i had purchased many times from the U.S and nothing has taken longer than 4 weeks.He replied saying they will send the order out again.

I hope it is not going to take another 80 days.

To his credit though , he did reply quickly to all my emails.

Next , purchased on the 28/2/05 , 2 DVD's from Cds-Argentinos and after 9 weeks, they too had not arrived.I again checked their recent feedback and what was previously pretty good , all of a sudden there had been alot of negatives left for them saying "never recieved item" and "No replies to emails".After several emails with no replies , i was about to go through paypal to retrieve my money back when an email arrived also stating they are sending the order out again because they are having problems with the posting.

Next, purchased a cd from Emporior, which was Lowemotor Corporation and got it knowing it was one of those Russian cd's which was fine because i only wanted it for a couple of songs.A couple of days after receiving an email saying it has been posted , i received notification on my ebay that they have had their ebay account suspended and are no longer a registered seller.

If this one does not arrive , is there anything you can do to get your money back?

Hi.

"You've been screwed."

Helpful, ain't it? :ahole:

My golden rule is that any Ebay purchase of any significance (over $50) gets paid for via credit card through PayPal. No exceptions. Even if I have the funds in my PayPal account to purchase the merchandise, I'll empty my PayPal account first and then fund with a credit card. That way, if PayPal's semi-effective "Buyer Protection" program falls through, I still have the enforcement of the credit card company, which is much more effective. For example, if the seller has emptied their PayPal account and "flown the coop", PayPal just shrugs and says "Sorry, we know you got ripped off but we can't do anything about it" in which case you bring your credit card company into it and they make PayPal eat the loss, not you.

International transaction or not, regardless of excuse or "good intentions" on the part of the seller, file a PayPal Buyer Complaint before the 45 day limit expires.

If you miss that 45-day deadline, regardless of the dollar amount or how much proof you have that you've been defrauded, your PayPal claim WILL be denied. Period.

Even if the process is still ongoing, you're told it's still en route, whatever. No iffs, ands, or buts. File the complaint. You can always cancel it after the fact. I have done this twice within the last month. Once when USPS was dragging its heels on determining what the heck happened to a package, and once when it was taking UPS forever to provide the results of a damage claim. Each time I told the seller "I'm sorry, but In order to protect myself, I have to file a PayPal Buyer Complaint before the 45-day-limit exprires. This is not meant to be an accusation, but I have to keep my options open. Once UPS/USPS gets things resolved I will cancel the complaint."

In each case the seller was very cooperative. That's another good measure of whether a seller is trying to rip you off. Any legitimate seller will not have a problem with you filing such a complaint, fully realizing that there are arbitrary deadlines and restrictions that have to be met. A cancelled buyer complains or mutually-resolved buyer complaint will have no affect on a seller's reputation or ability to conduct commerce. If the seller flies off the handle, he or she is trying to hide something.

-Dan

Thanks Dan, you learn something new everyday even if it is not what you want to hear.I never knew of that 45 day expiry limit in regards to filing a complaint through Paypal.

One good thing is that i did pay for them via credit card through Paypal so hopefully that may help out in the end.

Fuck , i hate being shafted !!!!!!!!!!!

I will let you know of any outcome.

Thanks, Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

One third of my problem has been solved after receiving my order from Cds- Argentinos who re sent the order out again.

Speaking to them via email after receiving this order, they said they are having alot of problems lately with their postal service in Argentina.

I thanked them greatly for their honesty and left them very positive feedback even though it took so long to get here.

The old saying applies here, "It's better late than never".

One down , two to go hopefully ! :drink:

I thought things were starting to finally look up when another parcel arrived today from "Emporior" until i opened it up to find they had sent out the wrong cd. :wtf:

I think i'm just about ready to give this game up :doh:

I thought things were starting to finally  look up when  another parcel arrived today from "Emporior" until i opened it up to find they had sent out the wrong cd. :wtf:

Better ask for your money back, emporior is well known "ruski" seller and most probably you're going to get russian stuff :D

I thought things were starting to finally  look up when  another parcel arrived today from "Emporior" until i opened it up to find they had sent out the wrong cd. :wtf:

Better ask for your money back, emporior is well known "ruski" seller and most probably you're going to get russian stuff :D

Stormspell, I got this one knowing it was going to be a Russian copy simply because i did not want to pay US $30 for it from Spinefarm Records for only a couple of tracks i like on it. I have waited ages to find it on ebay as second hand but it never comes up and he had it new for US$8 so i thought ,that will do.

He is sending out the correct cd and wants me to post this one back to him and he will reimburse the postage costs.

You are also correct because Russian c.d's are all he sells. :drink:

Stormspell, I got this one knowing it was going to be a Russian copy simply because i did not want to pay US $30 for it from Spinefarm Records for only  a couple of tracks i like on it. I have waited ages to find it on ebay as second hand but it never comes up and he had it new for US$8 so i thought ,that will do.

He is sending out the correct cd and wants me to post this one back to him and he will reimburse the postage costs.

You are also correct because Russian c.d's are all he sells.  :drink:

It's fine, especially if you know what you're gonna get and feel comfortable with it.

I just thought you may not be aware.

What EP we talking about that is $30 at Spinefarm?

Stormspell, I got this one knowing it was going to be a Russian copy simply because i did not want to pay US $30 for it from Spinefarm Records for only  a couple of tracks i like on it. I have waited ages to find it on ebay as second hand but it never comes up and he had it new for US$8 so i thought ,that will do.

You are also correct because Russian c.d's are all he sells.  :drink:

It's fine, especially if you know what you're gonna get and feel comfortable with it.

I just thought you may not be aware.

What EP we talking about that is $30 at Spinefarm?

The cd is a full length one from a band called "LOWEMOTOR CORPORATION" titled "SATUNALIA" and i just found it on this site for $13. :drink:

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc....it.A/id.6091/.f

The cd is a full length one from a band called "LOWEMOTOR CORPORATION" titled "SATUNALIA" and i just found it on this site for $13.  :drink:

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc....it.A/id.6091/.f

Cool!

The End is the first place I check for new releases too. Their shipping is a bit slow as they use independent shipping and packing service, but its free :)