Reasonable Price?

Don't know if I have a legit point :blink: here but a very strict seller on Ebay right now put a Buy-It-Now price of US $30 on a Jailhouse - Alive In A Mad World CD which can be obtained at Amazon for US $ 2.72 (and this is NEW). Moreover, his Def Leppard 1st pressing CDs go for a Buy-It-Now price of $59.95. Well, they were pressed in 1980 and 1981 (as he described it). Reasonable. But wait, :excl: we know that CDs are not yet pressed at that time. Is this concern of mine pointless or what? I'll apologize :fun_84: if this is pointless. You can check-out his Buy-It-Now prices. Seller's name is ibuywebsites.

If you have a CD considered common (Def Leppard - Pyromania) & can sell it for a BUY IT NOW of $30.....all the power to you! If it sells for $30, I'm going to the local shop and buying all the copies in the used bin. Same goes for the Blonz s/t he has on Ebay, I will buy the 2 copies in the "2 for a buck" bin and make $59.

Here's my favorite part from the auctions:

<<<4. Don't email and tell me my prices are unjustified. If you think a $40 dollar reserve for "Hurricane - Over the edge" is too much, go milk a Smurf (<---Yes I just made that up right now), because you are NOT collector, you are a bargain hunter and are wasting my time. I have a starting bid, a reserve on some items and a buy it now on some items. If you don't understand how ebay works, please visit their help section, rather than sending me questions about it. I have the right to place a buy it now of $200 on any cd I want. Have you noticed all the domain names for sale here on ebay that are not worth the registration fee, yet people are advertising them for sale for $25,000,000. Now that's rediculous. If you don't like the reserve or the buy it now that I have placed on an item, go tell someone that cares and don't waste my time.>>>

Makes no bones about it! Now I can understand a Reserve or BIN for a Hurricane CD but a Def Lep CD you can get for $1.99 if you look around Ebay? All the power to ibuywebsites, if someone is dumb enough to buy it, its not his fault.

BTW, how do you milk a Smurf?

Steve

Here's my favorite part from the auctions:

<<<4. Don't email and tell me my prices are unjustified. If you think a $40 dollar reserve for "Hurricane - Over the edge" is too much, go milk a Smurf (<---Yes I just made that up right now), because you are NOT collector, you are a bargain hunter and are wasting my time. I have a starting bid, a reserve on some items and a buy it now on some items. If you don't understand how ebay works, please visit their help section, rather than sending me questions about it. I have the right to place a buy it now of $200 on any cd I want. Have you noticed all the domain names for sale here on ebay that are not worth the registration fee, yet people are advertising them for sale for $25,000,000. Now that's rediculous. If you don't like the reserve or the buy it now that I have placed on an item, go tell someone that cares and don't waste my time.>>>

:o OMG! Talk about an arrogant such and such. <_<

I don't think I WANNA know how to milk a smurf........ :lame:

Everybody's got the right to be an ass.......more power to him! May he live a long and lonely life. -_-

For a laugh, take a moment to go to Ebay and look up the auctions for ibuywebsites. Just read the "rules" to bidding on his/her auctions. The shipping/handling paragraph is unreal!

And I think Gargamel would know how to milk a Smurf.....

Don't know if I have a legit point  :blink: here but a very strict seller on Ebay right now put a Buy-It-Now price of US $30 on a Jailhouse - Alive In A Mad World CD which can be obtained at Amazon for US $ 2.72 (and this is NEW). Moreover, his Def Leppard 1st pressing  CDs go for a Buy-It-Now price of $59.95. Well, they were pressed in 1980 and 1981 (as he described it). Reasonable. But wait,  :excl: we know that CDs are not yet pressed at that time. Is this concern of mine pointless or what? I'll apologize  :fun_84: if this is pointless. You can check-out his Buy-It-Now prices. Seller's name is ibuywebsites.

We should write one of those "How to be REAL collector" guide here.

Something like:

1. REAL collectors ALWAYS buy "Rare Imports" only, if it has the cyrillic writings on it, the better!

2. REAL collectors NEVER pay less than $40 per CD, if you pay less you are a wimp and poser

3. REAL collectors never bid on an auction not marked as RARE or HTF, remember, you are NOT interested in "common" stuff!

4. Learn how to milk the Smurfs. If you dont know, ask Jason FA-Q :P

etc, etc.

I was watching "ibuywebsites" auction for Wild Boyz - Unleashed! and he had a reserve of $30 for it (which someone ended up paying). But someone had asked him a question and he gave some smartass reply which turned me off from bidding on any of his auctions. Plus he was trying to add a $1.00 charge for people that payed by Paypal (which ebay put a stop to). And the guy says he wants to open a restaurant. I hope he's a little nicer to his customers in the food service industry than he is to customers on ebay. :screwy:

I took a look at his auctions and his terms are 10 times as long as his info about the particular cd. But he also has some legitimate points, there are so many bidders who are running all over ebay and bidding then just disappear, seems like a new kind of hobby for some. Also, there are alot of people that complain about prices, saying things are not worth what someone is asking, but if someone can find something cheaper on amazon, that is cool, I would shop there. but when someone complains about a price, but knows there is no way in hell they can find the title at all, let alone at your price, then I have to agree with him, bid or don't , but don't waste time telling someone they want too much for a cd. if they are so easy to find, everyone would be selling them, thus comes a low price, but if something is just no where to be found, and someone wants it badly enough, they have to pay the asking price. all in all, his buy it now prices are very high, but his starting bid on alot of stuff is very reasonable, although he has some reserves on his stuff. like someone above said, there are collectors and there are bargain hunters, but there are also collectors who are bargain hunters, which I fall into that category myself, although I do drop some bucks on stuff I want, but alot of folks think because someone finds a rare cd in a $2 bargain bin, you should sell it to them for $3, or because a seller has a few of a title, they want the cheap price when in reality it is nowhere to be found besides a certian seller, ???? unless someone has just saved my life, I don't see where they should get the great deal, again, if certain cd's can be found so easily, save the cash and find them yourself, that is just common sense. just my opinion on the matter.

I dont think anyone here would debate what you are saying,but the whole point of this topic is that a guy is selling goods that are either still in print,or are bargain bin CDs anywhere in the world at overly ridiculous (not rediculous as he/she says) prices!

At the end of the day its his/her problem though as they aint gonna sell them at those prices!

Hurricane,yep thats worth money!

Cats In Boots,yep thats worth money!

Def Leppard,errr no!

I agree with you in general. It is open economy here so everyone can determine their own price and if someone buys it, good for him!

The problem that I see is if a deadbidder is going to bid on his auctions he/she definitely wont read all the gibberish he put in those red eye-bothering letters. I find it somewhat offensive reading all this assuming the seller put it simply coz he things all buyers are shit and trying to screw him.

...and man, if you going to sell Def Leppard for $30 and let it go in nasty worn jewelcase from barnsale with sticky fingerprints, cut-out, and sticker residue all over I probably would leave negative too :D

Instead of writing all this useless junk he could put few words real desription, or a picture or two...

• 2 weeks later...

thank god we have a free country where people can charge their own prices. if he dies in a pyre of pyromania no big deal. someone in the middle of nowhere might just buy it. everybody is not in the know so to speak.

having sold on ebay and gemm in the past i got sick of buyers who wanted to dictate their price and justify it with their own propaganda. they were iggyed and their email address added to the mertz spam list.

mertz