VEGASCDs gets the BOOT?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBI?!?!?.....KGB?!?!?!?!?...RIAA?!?!?!?!?!? :blink: Hmmmm........ :christmas:

It could be something as simple as an expired credit card for payment of listing fees / final sales percentage, etc.

Ebay gave me a pretty hard time after my last tiny, little auction whereby they threatened to suspend me becuase I owed them a whopping $32.00 as my card on file had expired. As a matter of fact, I had to pay immediately via PAYPAL just to reinstate my bidding priveleges.

I don't know....I recently won an auction from him for Nelson- Because They Can. The booklet and cover looked legit, but the cd itself looked a bit hokey. I could see the inner ring like the cd labels you get from Office Depot..... <_< . Oh, well, I didn't spend much on it anyway.....Maybe he pissed off someone at Ebay.....

The last CD I bought from him on Ebay was not to be sold outside of Russia, CIS or the Baltic States. If this isn't legit, than what I got wasn't the real thing. The music is the same, but as a collector it cheapens its worth. Like buying a fake "Rolex", it's nice but you can't brag about it or show it off.

The last CD I bought from him on Ebay was not to be sold outside of Russia, CIS or the Baltic States. If this isn't legit, than what I got wasn't the real thing.  The music is the same, but as a collector it cheapens its worth. Like buying a fake "Rolex", it's nice but you can't brag about it or show it off.

Ehehe, just for a laugh, here's a nice story..

a friend of mine - here in Portugal - also got one of those Russian cds, from the same seller, the cd was Quireboys "well oiled" - he was real happy about it, since he was thinking he got a real collectors edition, a russian-only cd released not available elsewhere (that was his impression after looking at the small print) :)

so... it all depends on how you look at it ? (lol)

You guys aren't passing judgment but I am. No matter what the reason is that he's off Ebay, he is still an ass-jockey. I just hope someone found him out. It would be a shame to have to start over after all that feedback he's received. That would break my freakin' heart.

Cheers Dickweed :eviltongue:

JL

Guest skelly

Check out Ebay seller streetsofmetal. Loacation LAS Vegas. Auctions start Tuesday evening and finish Sunday. 692 items for sale when I looked a few minutes ago.

Auction characteristics exactly the same. Current feedback 52.

Vegascds returns I think.

"Ditto" Skelly.....I was just coming over to post and saw you already posted this suspicious seller......m-m-m-m-m

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4723652654&rd=1

layout......wording.......location......only takes paypal......all the same.......

I'm just naturally suspicious!!! Some people change E Bay IDs like some people change shoes.......to me, people who do that have a reason to hide or be unknown!!

Not to mention he hasn't reered his ugly head to explain. Where ya at Vegee-baby. What excuse are we going to get this time? Feel free to clue us all in when you get back from Russie :)

JL

A ballsy move on Sam's part. Ebay will suspend a seller INDEFINITELY for using another ID while their principle one is suspended. They send you out an email stating that you CANNOT sell under a different ID. When I was suspended back several years ago (didn't pay the bills), I got this warning and took it very seriously. Would hate for eBay's "#1 seller of metal and hard rock" to go down in a cloud of disrepute and shame, now wouldn't we?

It says on eBay that Streetsofmetal used to be calivegas01 from Jan-22-03 to Apr-25-05 before he changed it to the current name. Ya think maybe ol' Vegasbaby had an alias username on eBay?

A ballsy move on Sam's part. Ebay will suspend a seller INDEFINITELY for using another ID while their principle one is suspended. They send you out an email stating that you CANNOT sell under a different ID. When I was suspended back several years ago (didn't pay the bills), I got this warning and took it very seriously. Would hate for eBay's "#1 seller of metal and hard rock" to go down in a cloud of disrepute and shame, now wouldn't we?

...unless you deliberately terminate the account and switch to a new one hoping to escape from the negative attention you had generated under your previous moniker...

all i can say is that you guys are unbelievable. you just can't wait to see people fail. you seem to thrive on turmoil. its not cool. i know whats going on with my brother right now and even though we don't see eye to eye on some things i will simply put that he is far from being permanently terminated from ebay. he will be back very soon, selling all the great titles [and then some] that he does and getting great music into appreciative hands. i don't post very often on this site because i don't want some people confusing me with Sam, i try to stay silent and neutral on most things, but i felt it was time to pipe up. Sam has an amazing willpower, drive and love for the music , he's definitely one person you just can't keep down for very long. There's just far too much good music out there that needs to be put in the right hands for many to enjoy - and thats one thing me and Sam have in common. I know how i feel when someone turns me on to a fantastic band that i have never heard of before -- no matter how obscure or common. Perhaps it was something i had overlooked many many times and then finally actually listened to it. Its a great feeling. Aural heaven!

Just let it be, folks.... Sam and others like him are providing a great service to the music and to the people worldwide, hungry for the lost, overlooked and forgotten music gems in the metal, hard rock and AOR genres.

Recordjnky

--ISA.38:20--

It's not thriving on turmoil. We just appreciate honesty and people being upfront. He is neither one <_<

You've been very decent and mild mannered here and we appreciate that. I don't think anyone here would ever confuse the 2 of you :drink:

It's not thriving on turmoil. We just appreciate honesty and people being upfront. He is neither one  <_<

You've been very decent and mild mannered here and we appreciate that. I don't think anyone here would ever confuse the 2 of you  :drink:

T-BONE , I totally agree with you ! :drink:

Agreed with T-BONE as well.

And Recordjnky, Sam could be the most tenacious guy in the world but if he violates eBay policy, his ass is grass. That's the reality. If eBay knows that he is selling under a different name and violating his suspension, it's all over for VEGASCDS. Sure, nothing saying he can't start selling under a different name, but for a guy who is always waving his positive feedback numbers around, I can't imagine he would want that.

Koogles was right, Mr. Vegas has once again been suspended under the newer selling name on Ebay. Is it two strikes your out or do you go for three?

The streetsofmetal name was just changed to that from calivegas01 within the last few days. Which means Vegasmetal had 2 eBay names going at once on eBay, if not more. I'm not sure that's allowed. I wonder how many times he bid up his own auctions?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...-1&frompage=222

Now he's in some hot water. Two suspensions in the space of a week. Trying to use a secondary ID while your main identity is under suspension= big no-no in the eBay world.

At the rate he's going, I think Sam better get fitted for a headset because "Got metal?" is going to turn into "Do you want to up-size that to a combo for just 99 cents?"

Well, eBay must have done their homework. I'm sure they compared IP addresses, registration info, Paypal data, etc. They wouldn't have kicked him off eBay if they didn't have just cause. But it doesn't take CSI's David Caruso to figure out Vegascds and Streetsofmetal were one in the same. The location, templates, wording etc. he used for both IDs were virtually identical. If Sam wanted to get around the system, he sure didn't do a very good job throwing eBay off his scent.