Foreigner

gener8tr

You know, it's weird... Up until just a few months I didn't have a single Foreigner CD in my collection (and my collection is fairly large).

Stranger yet is that I grew up listening to those guys. I think Hot Blooded was a hit when I was in like the 4th. grade, and they released a few monsters during my junior high and high school days.

However, for some reason I never "really" was all that fond of them??? Perhaps it was the fact that I was much more into "metal" than "classic rock" during my youth, or perhaps it was the fact that MTV and all the radio stations played the HELL out of a few of their sappy ballads?

In any case, I now find myself listening to them every single day and I'm on a mad hunt to locate perfect mint / originals of their entire L.G. era catalog (I need the first three for my collection; HINT, HINT).

Funny how it took 25 years for me to truly appreciate just how good this band is (was).

Oh man.....that's funny!! They were my favorite band lonnnnnnng ago, then poof.....I didn't listen to them for YEARS!!!

Just recently I pulled out the S/T.......and was blown away all over again!!

"Headknocker", "The Damage Is Done" and "Fool For You Anyway" are my favorites, more than the "hits" from back then!!!

Oh man.....that's funny!!  They were my favorite band lonnnnnnng ago, then poof.....I didn't listen to them for YEARS!!!

"Headknocker", "The Damage Is Done" and "Fool For You Anyway" are my favorites, more than the "hits" from back then!!!

You're dead-on, BM. That S/T debut is so damn good it's increblible to think it was released nearly 30 years ago. Talk about a classic! "Feels Like The First Time" is pure genius.

And now Kelly Hanson from Hurricane is their new lead singer :lol:

And now Kelly Hanson from Hurricane is their new lead singer  :lol:

I heard that, too???

Look, I like maple syrup and I like steak... but I don't like them together.

Kelly Hanson in Foreigner just doesn't jive, in my opinion.

No one should sing for Foreigner but Lou Gramm.

And now Kelly Hanson from Hurricane is their new lead singer  :lol:

I heard that, too???

Kelly Hanson in Foreigner just doesn't jive, in my opinion.

No one should sing for Foreigner but Lou Gramm.

:director: STRONGLY AGREE.

Oh man.....that's funny!!  They were my favorite band lonnnnnnng ago, then poof.....I didn't listen to them for YEARS!!!

Everybody at one time was MJ's favorite band. :lol:

I heard she was a big Menudo and NKOTB freak back in the day :lol:

Don't knock it until you've tried it ya punk! :lol:

"Stranger yet is that I grew up listening to those guys. I think Hot Blooded was a hit when I was in like the 4th. grade, and they released a few monsters during my junior high and high school days."

Hot Blooded was the first album I ever bought.... Played it all the time... Funny thing is, it is still one of my favs.

I love "Headknocker!!!" Kick-ass song... :headbanger:

Actually, I'm interested to hear what they sound like with Kelly Hansen. Is Lou Gramm just not physically up to it anymore? I remember hearing somewhere that he needed surgery again. :(

Foreigner are in my opinion part of the holy grail of melodic rock

They combined great melodies, fantastic arrangements and souned AOR but with a raw rockin' streak running through their music.

4 is a true classic and an album I listen to frequently (espeically when the sun is out). Agent Provocateur and Inside Information are great sounding AOR albums and the first 3 are classic rock albums.

Consistently high standards are acheived throughout their recording career and IMO they have never released a duff album (how many bands can claim that).

In Lou Gramm they have a vocalist par excellence (check out his solo stuff) and Mick Jones has the knack of writing excellent song after excellent song.

IMO they should continue to make music but NOT as Foreigner as Lou Gramm is too much an intregal part of the bands sound. No Lou No Foreigner.

Wow, that does bring back memories... my first was Double Vision and then I was into the first one retroactively. I liked 'em a lot right up to (and including) 4 and then I lost interest when they went AOR. But I LOVED 'em right up to that point... :headbanger:

I don't know about maple syrup and steak, but it is good with breakfast sausage and/or bacon. Maybe that's why I have high cholesterol...so for my health's sake, let's just stick with Lou on vox...

I heard she was a big Menudo and NKOTB freak back in the day :lol:

HAHA............yeah..........I was. :blink:

So what????? :dance::P

• 3 years later...