Davesmetal

Guest Bluebajoo

Guest Bluebajoo

Hi,

just wanted to ask if anyone knows about the ebay seller davesmetal?

I traded with him 20 CDs. For about one year I didn't receive any response to my emails.

Then in late 2004 I contacted him with a new email address. He responded, apologized for the fact that I still get 20 CDs from him and we agreed on a new deal.

He promised to send the package and then, all of a sudden, he didn't respond to my emails, again.

I haven't heard of him since then and found out that, a few weeks ago, his ebay account was deleted.

So, if anyone can tell me something about about Dave I'd really appreciate it, since I don't even have a email address. He doesn't answer to his old one.

Thank you

Cu

Joe

Guest Bluebajoo
Dave can be reached at davesmetal@hotmail.com

Try writing him at the aforementioned address and hopefully everything will work out.

Yes, that's the email adress I used. And I did send him several mails over the last weeks/months. He then suddenly stopped to answer the mails.

Last thing I heard from him was "I'll send the CDs". Obviously, he didn't-

Anyway, I'll try it one more time.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you

Joe

I never recieved my cd's from him. He tried to tell me that he "personally" packaged two cd's that I won from him. After a month, I kept sending him emails until he said that he sent out "duplicates" to me. I got my stuff but it was the closest that I have come to being ripped off from ebay. I won't order from him again. This dog learned his lesson. I would avoid at all costs.

davesmetal is now selling CDs on GEMM as "Dave's Metal Magic Records". He does have a different email address that is available there on the "contact or visit us" link on his seller page.

Guest Bluebajoo

Funny, new email doesn't work (my mail was returned) and the gemm catalogue has been removed.

Seems like the man wants to get away from his responsibility.

:angryfire:

I placed an order from him on GEMM over a month ago and still haven't seen it. I got a shipment notice 10 days after making payment - then 2 weeks went by and nothing. Emailed him and found out nothing had been sent yet & got a "whoops I'll take care of that error immediately" reply. Then another week goes by. I email again then it's "took me a week to pull the order together, but now on the way" reply. Well now it's been another week - still nothing.

Seeing his catalog "temporarily" down now tells me I probably won't be seeing the order, but at least GEMM guarantees full refund on your payment if something like this happens.

I had won a couple of his auctions on ebay before he was suspended & never had an issue, but he sure had a ton of negative feedback there. Guess his methods have not changed, just moved to a different location...

Funny, new email doesn't work (my mail was returned) and the gemm catalogue has been removed.

Seems like the man wants to get away from his responsibility.

:angryfire:

Just keep trying to contact him. Dave is nice guy, but he's VERY unorganized person, and that always keep his business on the verge of disaster... he obviously doesnt keep track of things and in 50% of the cases he simply "forgets" to ship the stuff - he calls it "I'll ship you another item" :)

If you remind him he usually follow up and fulfill your order... eventually

I think you're right on stormspell - in Daves defense, he has always responded to every email I've sent him. I think he means well, but for whatever reason can't deliver promptly.

He still insists my order is on the way, but hell - I sent CDs out last Friday to Poland & Denmark and those have been received already. Over a month wait for a domestic order is ridiculous!

Guest Bluebajoo
Just keep trying to contact him. Dave is nice guy, but he's VERY unorganized person, and that always keep his business on the verge of disaster... he obviously doesnt keep track of things and in 50% of the cases he simply "forgets" to ship the stuff - he calls it "I'll ship you another item" :)

If you remind him he usually follow up and fulfill your order... eventually

Well, the excite address doesn't exist anymore and the hotmail address he won't respond to.

So, what am I supposed to do? ;)

After having each and every ebay transaction have problems, I decided to put Davesmetal through an honesty test of his business. I am a collector of picture disc LPs and decided to ask him if he had any for sale. Sure enough, he had tons of em. So I asked him if he some certain titles available, which I knew were never printed in picture disc format. Sure enough, he had each and every one of them. Wow what a shocker, the only person on the face of the earth who owns copies of these LPs never printed on picture disc format. So I decided to see how far he would take it. He was ready to take my money for items that did not even exist. Then, i called him on it, and wow how odd, he never would answer my emails from there on out.

No wonder this guy got the boot. Looks like he rooked lots of people out of their items on ebay, and who knows where else. Looks like Gemm was the next place to peddle his nonsense. Nice guy or not, takes a lot more than that to run a honest business.

Not sure why you can't reach him at the excite email Bluebajoo, he has received & responded to all I have sent him there. Perhaps you should attempt to contact him using a different IP if you can - it's possible he's blocked your address off.

Guest Bluebajoo
Not sure why you can't reach him at the excite email Bluebajoo, he has received & responded to all I have sent him there. Perhaps you should attempt to contact him using a different IP if you can - it's possible he's blocked your address off.

Sent him an email to his hotmail address with a different mail account and he answered immediatly, promising to send the CDs.

I'm curious if, finally, I will receive my CDs. :D

I did finally receive my order from Dave, but had to file a complaint with GEMM & request a refund before he sent them. They threatened to suspend his account unless he fufilled the order and what do you know - had my CDs within 4 days once that happened...

Guess that gives you an idea what it takes to get results from him!

Thanxx to gener8tr, stormspell, 66mustang, skid, & brocken spectre for throwing the karma my way on this thread to get me my tunes!

Don't give up on what he owes you, Bluebajoo! Seems persistence is a must when dealing with davesmetal...