Jani Lane Side project

lucid

does anyone have the side project that jani sang a few song from called jabawoki?? on the Warrant accoustic from brazil he sang 2 songs from the project and they were great, any info on jabawaki would be great. thanks for all the kingofthehill help everyone, it helped a bunch!

Don't know alot about this project and can't help you with even a bootleg version ( been waiting for a proper release for eons). Can this guy pen a song or what? Title of the project was Jabberwocky and featured guitarist Rick Steier and I believe drummer James Kottak both of whom Lane brought into the Warrant family sometime thereafter. Comfortable with sad and my private blue world are huge faves of mine.

Don't know alot about this project and can't help you with even a bootleg version ( been waiting for a proper release for eons). Can this guy pen a song or what? Title of the project was Jabberwocky and featured guitarist Rick Steier and I believe drummer James Kottak both of whom Lane brought into the Warrant family sometime thereafter. Comfortable with sad and my private blue world are huge faves of mine.

I have a boot of it. It's really great stuff. Jabberwocky is something Jani had worked on for years. There's roughly 10-12 tracks and they are all acoustic driven and marvelous. Recommended to everyone!

JL

A word of warning about the Jani Lane--Jabborwocky cd. I had a copy of it one time, but the quality was not good at all. I got it in a trade or something, because I am a Warrant fan.....Like the Jack Ponti--disc...if you can get past the sound quality, its pretty cool...sounded accoustic in some places. Now while we are on the subject of the Back Down to One cd......I think Jani did sound good, but the music really was the party-type that him and Warrant was really known for. I am not dissing anyone who likes it.....I just wasn't impressed with it. I would like to see Jani do another solo....to see if he still has that spunk and that "ballsy" attitude that he had when he and the boys did Cherry Pie.

• 3 years later...
A word of warning about the Jani Lane--Jabborwocky cd. I had a copy of it one time, but the quality was not good at all.

This is true. I've tried a few copies of it and they all sound like crap, sound quality-wise. Great songs, though. 'Private blue world' is one of my all-time faves.

Wow, this is an old thread! As Geoff said, the quality out there is bad but I have played the shit out of these songs over the years. If they ever get an official release I will have them for sure!

I keep downloading this from different sources in the hopes at least one will have the songs tagged. Still no luck with what the names of most of the songs are. :(

I keep downloading this from different sources in the hopes at least one will have the songs tagged. Still no luck with what the names of most of the songs are. :(

This is what I have:

1. Washington Square

2. All you had to Say

3. Unrealitstic

4. House of Cards

5. This Town

6. The Deeper End

7. Comfortable with Sad

8. One more for the Road

9. Pretty on the Inside

10. Private Blue World

11. Stained

Hope this helps you out Rick.

This is what I have:

1. Washington Square

2. All you had to Say

3. Unrealitstic

4. House of Cards

5. This Town

6. The Deeper End

7. Comfortable with Sad

8. One more for the Road

9. Pretty on the Inside

10. Private Blue World

11. Stained

Yes, that helped a ton! Thanks Wes :tumbsup:

The other tracks are just live versions of Warrant songs right?

This is what I have:

1. Washington Square

2. All you had to Say

3. Unrealitstic

4. House of Cards

5. This Town

6. The Deeper End

7. Comfortable with Sad

8. One more for the Road

9. Pretty on the Inside

10. Private Blue World

11. Stained

I just have those 11 songs so I'm not sure about any Live songs. :unsure:

This is what I have:

1. Washington Square

2. All you had to Say

3. Unrealitstic

4. House of Cards

5. This Town

6. The Deeper End

7. Comfortable with Sad

8. One more for the Road

9. Pretty on the Inside

10. Private Blue World

11. Stained

I just have those 11 songs so I'm not sure about any Live songs. :unsure:

I've got 18 tracks. I was going through them this morning and the others are live tracks that are Warrant tracks with a couple from the Jabberwocky project I believe. Kind of confusing trying to figure this all out.

A word of warning about the Jani Lane--Jabborwocky cd. I had a copy of it one time, but the quality was not good at all. I got it in a trade or something, because I am a Warrant fan.....Like the Jack Ponti--disc...if you can get past the sound quality, its pretty cool...sounded accoustic in some places. Now while we are on the subject of the Back Down to One cd......I think Jani did sound good, but the music really was the party-type that him and Warrant was really known for. I am not dissing anyone who likes it.....I just wasn't impressed with it. I would like to see Jani do another solo....to see if he still has that spunk and that "ballsy" attitude that he had when he and the boys did Cherry Pie.

Thanks for the link, there are some good power ballads, I enjoi it.

I have a song I downloaded ages ago, which was listed as a Jabberwocky song, but its not on that tracklisting.

Its called Sinners road!

Would love to hear that track if you could post it :whistle::beerbang:

All of the live Jabberwocky tracks that are floating around are from a live acoustic show from 1998 recorded in Brazil. The whole version of this show is available to download on the internet. Great show with great quality. That's where Fine, Fine Line came from.

I have a song I downloaded ages ago, which was listed as a Jabberwocky song, but its not on that tracklisting.

Its called Sinners road!

All of the live Jabberwocky tracks that are floating around are from a live acoustic show from 1998 recorded in Brazil. The whole version of this show is available to download on the internet. Great show with great quality. That's where Fine, Fine Line came from.

That's the show with just Jani and Danny Wagner, right?

I think you gave me a cdr of that show. :tumbsup:

Its called Sinners road!

That's the show with just Jani and Danny Wagner, right?

I think you gave me a cdr of that show. :tumbsup:

I think Erik was there also but yeah that's the one!

Its called Sinners road!

Now that I think of it, I think I actually ripped it from Jani's Myspace page, and its definetly from the Jabberwocky sessions!

Far better quality than the other stuff.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...inners_road.mp3

• 1 year later...