SURRENDER CD OFFICIALLY SOLD

Guest Retrospect Records

Guest Retrospect Records

I ended the auction early and sold the cd for $2000 to a Japanese collector. He has already paid. Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to winning it.

I ended the auction early and sold the cd for $2000 to a Japanese collector.  He has already paid.  Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to winning it.

All I can say is DAMN!! That is a load of cash for a cd that was not really that good but is ultra rare-- Never seen an origional!!! Cheers!! Rich :drink:

Guest Retrospect Records

I was just as surprised as you guys. How could i not let it go? It still remains the 'Taj Mahal' of the cd industry. The question is - how the hell can i get more of them? LOL.

Guest KISSMYOBI

I was just as surprised as you guys. How could i not let it go? It still remains the 'Taj Mahal' of the cd industry. The question is - how the hell can i get more of them? LOL.

Sam!

I'll gladly answer that one for ya. Just follow the gameplan you so "proudly" outlined to me back in Vegas last year. Hey- it worked for The Cauze, no reason why it wouldn't work for Surrender right? ;)

As for the Japanese collector who scored this "official" Surrender from ya, considerin the fact I now live in Japan full time- and have my finger on the pulse of the collector scene here (regularly meeting with the elite here in Japan, Jiro, Masa Ito, and other top names in the scene), being the curious cat I am- I'm more than lookin' forward to takin' a look at this "original" myself sooner or later.

As a side note... I did check out your earlier post regarding Tony apparently being "envious" of you? Hehehehe... let me get this straight... workin' for Kissmydisc, among countless other great benefits over the years, he's flown to Japan on my account on several occasions, has met some of the most respected people in the scene as a result, and can pride himself on regularly working hands on with some of the better catalogs/selections of original Japanese hard rock/AOR/metal imports, and top ORIGINAL indies. By contrast, your Russian teammate, has been sent (or has he?) on all expense paid trips to- Russia... and handles one of the better catalogs/selections of original Russian hard rock/AOR/metal "imports", and top (anything but) original indies. Envy? C'mon Sam... I seldom post here, as most public boards are no different than the senate... it's all politics. Whether you're right or not, is irrelevant. Anything and everything you say- someone will come out of the woodwork to nail ya for it (I'm waitin' Jim... I've noticed a pattern here. I've never had a problem with you, but your allegiance to Vegasauctions is... interesting, to say the least).

Anyway, I've bit my tongue for a long time now, especially after our meeting at your house last year. As clear as I made it to you when I met, I not only welcome competition- I thrive on it. Nothing makes me excell in business, like havin' competitors kickin' a$$ all around me. However, when some apply the "If you can't make it... fake it" motto to the race, naturally, I get irritated... just as any hard workin' athlete would, if they learn someone in the competiton is takin' roids. Get my drift? Your little Kissmydisc vs. Vegasauctions post was anything BUT a respectable gesture... and considering facts, and all that transpired between us, I'm surprised you're not takin' greater care with every step you take.

Respectfully,

PJ

Guest Retrospect Records

PJ - i'm glad i can reply to your error of words. Let's take this one step at a time...

"I'll gladly answer that one for ya. Just follow the gameplan you so "proudly" outlined to me back in Vegas last year. Hey- it worked for The Cauze, no reason why it wouldn't work for Surrender right?"

What i outlined to you was a possible gameplan that it would be cool to find a way to re-print oop discs. After you left i decided it was much better to have re-prints endorsed by the bands so as to not do anything illegal. Therefore i am still working my re-issue plans with certain bands similar to the way Ryan at Metal Mayhem re-issues his cd's. But I will unveil that in the future. As for everything i sell , they are ALL legit and 100% original unless otherwise noted in the auction description. I have no reason to lie and when the "re-prints" or "re-issues" come to light i'll be happy to announce that.

NEXT:

"As for the Japanese collector who scored this "official" Surrender from ya, considerin the fact I now live in Japan full time- and have my finger on the pulse of the collector scene here (regularly meeting with the elite here in Japan, Jiro, Masa Ito, and other top names in the scene), being the curious cat I am- I'm more than lookin' forward to takin' a look at this "original" myself sooner or later. "

Good - you'll see it is exactly as i said. I love the way you use the word "ELITE" - to me that means arrogant dicks who think they own the world of AOR and Hard Rock. But i guess if the shoe fits....

NEXT:

"As a side note... I did check out your earlier post regarding Tony apparently being "envious" of you? Hehehehe... let me get this straight... workin' for Kissmydisc, among countless other great benefits over the years, he's flown to Japan on my account on several occasions, has met some of the most respected people in the scene as a result, and can pride himself on regularly working hands on with some of the better catalogs/selections of original Japanese hard rock/AOR/metal imports, and top ORIGINAL indies."

Thats right - because people like you and Tony just can't handle the fact that i am IN TOUCH with the AOR world and i'm coming up with titles that you guys just can't believe. It's like you thought you could sit on your pretentious throne and think nobody would topple you....its happened. You no longer own the market bro. I don't offer ridiculous buy-it-now prices - i let the market decide what cd's are worth by starting everything at 99 cents. I have always said i respected you and Tony , but your...whatever it is...arrogance (which not just I have noticed)...is quite laughable.

NEXT:

"By contrast, your Russian teammate, has been sent (or has he?) on all expense paid trips to- Russia... and handles one of the better catalogs/selections of original Russian hard rock/AOR/metal "imports", and top (anything but) original indies. Envy? C'mon Sam... I seldom post here, as most public boards are no different than the senate... it's all politics. Whether you're right or not, is irrelevant."

I get all my Indies from here and collectors from around the world. I send noone to Russia. Thats a FACT. Obviously it is relevant because you are bringing it up.

NEXT:

" Anything and everything you say- someone will come out of the woodwork to nail ya for it (I'm waitin' Jim... I've noticed a pattern here. I've never had a problem with you, but your allegiance to Vegasauctions is... interesting, to say the least). "

Because he KNOWS me dude. Jim is finding out 1st hand RIGHT NOW what you can do when you use your noggin and make the right connections....But i will let Jim elaborate when the time is right.

NEXT:

"Anyway, I've bit my tongue for a long time now, especially after our meeting at your house last year. As clear as I made it to you when I met, I not only welcome competition- I thrive on it. Nothing makes me excell in business, like havin' competitors kickin' a$$ all around me. However, when some apply the "If you can't make it... fake it" motto to the race, naturally, I get irritated... just as any hard workin' athlete would, if they learn someone in the competiton is takin' roids. Get my drift?"

When you can prove i have faked anything let me know - because it ain't happened yet bro , and it never will.

NEXT:

" Your little Kissmydisc vs. Vegasauctions post was anything BUT a respectable gesture... and considering facts, and all that transpired between us, I'm surprised you're not takin' greater care with every step you take."

I have no worries in what i say to you or about you...my conscience is clear. My thread about VegasMetal vs. KissMyDisc was designed to prove a point. I have double the feedback and half the negs that you do and yet i am supposed to be the "nasty bootlegger". Sorry dude - but the proof is in the numbers and we're finding out who the better businessman is. See , i have continually stayed humble throughout all the undeserved B.S. slung at me - but a lot of people i know think you need to "Leggo of the Ego".

Respectfully

Sam

Guest Retrospect Records

One more thing PJ - dude i'm happy for you that Japan has worked for ya. I'm not your enemy and you have me all wrong. Things have changed.

wow, bring forth, the battle of the giants of rock n metal.

I've dealt with both these men over the past 6 years, scored enough gems to fill a treasure chest to leave anyone with envy.

only time will tell who will remain/ get to the top.

PJ & Sam, wow, you two certainly have come a long way from those years back.

later

Andy - Australia

Guest KISSMYOBI

>PJ - i'm glad i can reply to your error of words. Let's take this one step at a time...

Sam,

Thansk for takin' a moment to address my post. For starters... you mention "error of words". Ironically, the error is in your words. The correct grammar above would have been "erroneous words". ;)

>What i outlined to you was a possible gameplan that it would be cool to find a >way to re-print oop discs. After you left i decided it was much better to have re->prints endorsed by the bands so as to not do anything illegal. Therefore i am still >working my re-issue plans with certain bands similar to the way Ryan at Metal >Mayhem re-issues his cd's. But I will unveil that in the future. As for everything i >sell , they are ALL legit and 100% original unless otherwise noted in the auction >description. I have no reason to lie and when the "re-prints" or "re-issues" come >to light i'll be happy to announce that.

Ahhh.... so now it's my memory that's failing me, right? I'll let you restate these claims a few more times, so as to ensure there is no misconception about your claims. Subsequently, I'll follow through with due course. I won't bore this board with the "legit" or "illegit" word about what you sell. Anyone who cares enough, knows the simple facts.... what you offer on your auctions, are Russian pressed discs (Irond label, CD-Maxim, Fono, to name a few- as well as countless smaller Russian pirate labels- releases licensed solely for the Russian market- hence their availability for approx. $1.00 US per disc). If what you do is legit, why the legal, written motions from several labels you're inringing upon? No worries- that one we'll tackle privately- I don't wish to irritate Jim any further with this thread.

>Good - you'll see it is exactly as i said. I love the way you use the word "ELITE" - >to me that means arrogant dicks who think they own the world of AOR and Hard >Rock. But i guess if the shoe fits....

Be careful Sam. Many of these "elite" as I refer to them, are frequent visitors to this post- many of them actually are regular posters here. To me, an elite collector, is essentially any die-hard music fan, who's put years into building a respectable collection of music (CDs, vinyl, etc). Alas, let notice be served you are takin' unprovoked shots at the very clientelle you wish to serve.

>Thats right - because people like you and Tony just can't handle the fact that i >am IN TOUCH with the AOR world and i'm coming up with titles that you guys >just can't believe. It's like you thought you could sit on your pretentious throne >and think nobody would topple you....its happened.

For starters, I never once "claimed" to own the market. There are many great sources for the top pieces out there... check out auctions by any number of European dealers, and many in the US (Burt, Delbert, just to name a few...). If someone can outdo me at my game, I'll shake their hand. Anyone who knows me personally, knows I'm a kindred spirit, who respects ambitious, noble people. What I don't respect however, are those who can't make it... alas, decide to fake it. Take my earlier "athlete" analogy. If I take on a race- train for it for years... and am at the top of my ratings for years, only to be beaten by someone on steroids, then I won't be happy. If you offer to the market original product, without screwin' legions of collectors, and in many cases unexpecting regular Joe's, than I'm not happy, and feel it's incumbent upon me to not only take a stand for the integrity of the scene, but for the many common clients we both share, whom you fail to offer a legitimate product- alas, cheating your way into their wallets.

>You no longer own the >market bro. I don't offer ridiculous buy-it-now prices

For one, you don't have the inventory that calls for high But It Now's... and two, you instead make up your own Buy It Nows ($2000... heeheheh, c'mon, what better way to fake your own hype, than to claim to have sold a "myserious" (unverified....) CD (at best) for an unverified price.

>- i let the market decide what cd's are worth by starting everything at 99 cents. I >have always said i respected you and Tony , but your...whatever it >is...arrogance (which not just I have noticed)...is quite laughable.

I'm sure you do have others in your camp, who stand by what you do. Every pirate has his crew.

Am I arrogant? Cocky? Egoistical? I'll admit- I have been at times- and for that, I myself am not happy about. I'm still relatively young... still learning the ropes. Having constantly travelled the globe for the majority of my 20s, I've been fortunate to learn from many people, many cultures, etc. But... even with my best efforts, like most- I too can show a weaker side of my human element. I don't deny it.

>I get all my Indies from here and collectors from around the world. I send noone >to Russia. Thats a FACT. Obviously it is relevant because you are bringing it up.

It was a joke Sam. You should have picked up on that one. ;)

>Because he KNOWS me dude. Jim is finding out 1st hand RIGHT NOW what you >can do when you use your noggin and make the right connections....But i will let >Jim elaborate when the time is right.

Hehehhee... I knew it. As has been mentioned during private conversations with several people on this board (and outside of it) about the brief 20-minute post frenzy which followed my reply to your KMD vs. Vegasauctions thread... the only way I could imagine Jim (or anyone in their right mind) standing behind your questionable (at best) business tactics, is if they're on your payroll- or at least, if that's not the case- have some financial gain from your operation. Sure- I'll give you this much... you have come up with a great business plan- at face value (import 3000-6000 cds from Russia, at $1.00 a pop... and move on eBay at an average of $6-9 a pop... anyone who can do the math will shake their hand)... that is, until the ethics behind what you do are considered. There's a reason why the product you offer, is STRICTLY licensed for the Russian economy. I won't get into this one much more here Sam, but... if you do continue tryin' to make me look like I'm pullin' s*it outta the air for some unfounded "envy"/competitive reasons, a quick call to Ula Gehret and a few others will shed light on everything quicker than it takes you to make a spellin' error (while usin' a spellchecker). I've conducted myself in a gentlemanly manner over the past year Sam, keepin' quiet- as much as I didn't want to. However... every action, has a reaction. You've decided to open this up- in a public forum, and have left me no choice but to reciprocate.

>When you can prove i have faked anything let me know - because it ain't >happened yet bro , and it never will.

Sam... between you and I (and the voyeuristic eyes of the readers herein), based on the above statement alone, you're more full of sh*t, than a public toilet on a back alley in Tijuana.

>I have no worries in what i say to you or about you...my conscience is clear. My ?>thread about VegasMetal vs. KissMyDisc was designed to prove a point. I have >double the feedback and half the negs that you do and yet i am supposed to be >the "nasty bootlegger". Sorry dude - but the proof is in the numbers and we're >finding out who the better businessman is. See , i have continually stayed >humble throughout all the undeserved B.S. slung at me - but a lot of people i >know think you need to "Leggo of the Ego".

Once again your IQ shines through. What does the number of transactions completed have to do with validating the legitimacy of someone's product? Isn't it ironic that you share similiar linguistic skills with most bootleggers abroad? Jokes aside Sam, I apologize if this is too blunt for the tastes of most, but I'll take this one by the balls and say it like it is. You're not a business man Sam, you're a conartist. And a good one, at that. My personal approach to business, or my witty comments- which at times may be perceived by some as "ego-driven" yet- funny by others, have zero bearing- again, on the legitimacy of your- or my, business. And... to touch on your "feedback" comparison... I'll try to pain a simple picture that even you, Sam, should be able to figure out in under ten minutes. From day one, Kissmydisc's primary objective, was to offer exactly that- which noone else could, or would. Essentially... if we can't find it, it doesn't exist- sort of mentality. Hence... if we were to compare our businesses to car dealerships... we're a Porsche dealership... we selll the high-end, high-priced items, that cater to a select group of people. So sure- we won't sell half as many cars as the Russian Car Dealership across the ocean (or the "better business man who found a way to get past U.S. compliance laws and sells Russian vehicles here in the states for a fraction of the cost of domestic cars").... but at the end of the day, it comes down to preference. I don't think there's a better analogy out there, to describe what it is you do, vs. what we do. No need to elaborate either, Sam. Conan O'Brien coulnd't have said it better himself (only.. he probably would have said it in much fewer words, heheheh... I do have a tendency to elaborate a bit- as Tony has often learned in my business-related emails to him, heheheh).

Spasiba (that's... Russian for "thank you"... although I'm sure you knew that one),

PJ

PS... DAN, I'm keepin' this one as clean, and... constructive as I can, to ensure this one sticks around. ;)

Guest KISSMYOBI

ANDY!!!

:banana:

Dude- what a KILLER surprise... GREAT to see you man. :) Yeah- it's BEEN a long time my friend. I hope the invitation is still on- I'm thinkin' about buyin' a little raft here in Tokyo,and takin' you up on your earlier invitations to Australia, hehehehe. I've heard GREAT things about Australian girls, heheheh.

Thanks for the call back in Arizona a few months ago- classy move on your part. ;)

Great to see you around!

PJ

PS... I've still got that Diana Ross CD on hold for ya.....

I'm KIDDING!! ;)

Guest KISSMYOBI

Sammy,

I noticed you're still online- likely writin' up a response. My suggestion- get some sleep first. Isn't it... 4:16 am in Vegas now? Your grammar was bad enough in the earlier post. Add some credibility to subsequent posts by cleanin' it up a bit. Hit the sack, I'll do the same, and we can roll up our sleeves again in the morning.

Oh... and uh, let this be the "first place your heard it"... breakin' news! Sam WILL "mysteriously" find more copies of the Surrender CD! Remember, you heard it here first. Ahh.. Sam.. doesn't that suck...now that I've burst the bubble, what can ya do with'em? What story can you possibly come up with, to validate the next few copies you'll try to pass off as "originals"? Remains to be seen, but I'm sure it'll be a good one, and certainly with have a few fooled. For some strange reason, I get the sudden urge to pop in Lizzy Bordens "Master of illusion"... hmmmm.... ;)

And... just for kicks... here's a joke I heard the other day- to at least temporarily relieve some tension.... hehehe.

Young man gets arrested by a female police officer. As she's cuffin' him, she states the generic... "You have the right to remain silent.... anything you say can and WILL be used "against you" in a court of law"... the young man pauses for a moment... then utters one word...

"Tits...".

PJ, it's great chating with you as always, free calls are no longer the case but I'll call you again sometime soon.

Get on that raft in time for the Australian summer that start around late September at the latest November.

Beware of sharks, they are huge, up to 8 foot long if you are thinking of rafting down from Queensland, carry some "arms" be sure you declare them once you are in our waters.

Cheers

Andy - Australia

Ps, you know I look more like Diana Ross in her prime than I'd like to but please dont offer me her cds and you know I just scored a very cool AOR gem and Tony sent me an awesome gift, that clown knows how to make my day.

Guest Retrospect Records

Wow - your pretentiousness just reeks.

Lets do this again.:

"Ahhh.... so now it's my memory that's failing me, right? I'll let you restate these claims a few more times, so as to ensure there is no misconception about your claims. Subsequently, I'll follow through with due course. I won't bore this board with the "legit" or "illegit" word about what you sell. Anyone who cares enough, knows the simple facts.... what you offer on your auctions, are Russian pressed discs (Irond label, CD-Maxim, Fono, to name a few- as well as countless smaller Russian pirate labels- releases licensed solely for the Russian market- hence their availability for approx. $1.00 US per disc). If what you do is legit, why the legal, written motions from several labels you're inringing upon? No worries- that one we'll tackle privately- I don't wish to irritate Jim any further with this thread."

SOME of what i sell is from Russian labels yes - whats your point? I don't deny it. Never have. I sell USED products from Russia - that is NOT illegal and i have every right to do so. Your point is mute. Everyone in the USA or around the world can sell OPENED UNSEALED USED cd's FROM ANY MARKET. Get your facts right.

"Be careful Sam. Many of these "elite" as I refer to them, are frequent visitors to this post- many of them actually are regular posters here. To me, an elite collector, is essentially any die-hard music fan, who's put years into building a respectable collection of music (CDs, vinyl, etc). Alas, let notice be served you are takin' unprovoked shots at the very clientelle you wish to serve."

I could care less about these "ELITE" collectors. I cater to people who enjoy MUSIC.

"For starters, I never once "claimed" to own the market. There are many great sources for the top pieces out there... check out auctions by any number of European dealers, and many in the US (Burt, Delbert, just to name a few...). If someone can outdo me at my game, I'll shake their hand. Anyone who knows me personally, knows I'm a kindred spirit, who respects ambitious, noble people. What I don't respect however, are those who can't make it... alas, decide to fake it. Take my earlier "athlete" analogy. If I take on a race- train for it for years... and am at the top of my ratings for years, only to be beaten by someone on steroids, then I won't be happy. If you offer to the market original product, without screwin' legions of collectors, and in many cases unexpecting regular Joe's, than I'm not happy, and feel it's incumbent upon me to not only take a stand for the integrity of the scene, but for the many common clients we both share, whom you fail to offer a legitimate product- alas, cheating your way into their wallets."

Yeh - thats how i got over 40,000 positive feedbacks with 40 negs and you have 77 negs with 12000 positives right? Because i CHEATED my way into their wallets? Dude - you better back your allegations up because all i see right now is an envious 'ELITE' collector.

EVERYBODY LISTEN UP - I DO NOT SELL FAKE CD'S. ALL ARE LICENSED LEGITIMATE PRODUCTS. WHEN I DECIDE TO RE-ISSUE AN OUT OF PRINT DISC I WILL MAKE IT PUBLICLY KNOWN AS DOES METAL MAYHEM.

"For one, you don't have the inventory that calls for high But It Now's... and two, you instead make up your own Buy It Nows ($2000... heeheheh, c'mon, what better way to fake your own hype, than to claim to have sold a "myserious" (unverified....) CD (at best) for an unverified price. "

Fake my own hype?? HAHAA - Poor PJ didn't sell it and probably has never sold it so now he's all bitter because someone got to it before he did. Give me a break dude. Even if i had the inventory to do high Buy-It-Nows i wouldn't rip people off by doing it.

"I'm sure you do have others in your camp, who stand by what you do. Every pirate has his crew. "

So now i am a pirate? Dude - get off your high horse and BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS.

"Am I arrogant? Cocky? Egoistical? I'll admit- I have been at times- and for that, I myself am not happy about. I'm still relatively young... still learning the ropes. Having constantly travelled the globe for the majority of my 20s, I've been fortunate to learn from many people, many cultures, etc. But... even with my best efforts, like most- I too can show a weaker side of my human element. I don't deny it."

Your age is glaring bro - i admit i went off the rocker a few times here myself but those days are over. Lose the ego now dude - it really is unbecoming.

"Hehehhee... I knew it. As has been mentioned during private conversations with several people on this board (and outside of it) about the brief 20-minute post frenzy which followed my reply to your KMD vs. Vegasauctions thread... the only way I could imagine Jim (or anyone in their right mind) standing behind your questionable (at best) business tactics, is if they're on your payroll"

How many more times are you going to be wrong today? Questionable business tactics? Dude get a life - do i again have to show your Ebay numbers against mine?? Payroll? Yeh i have been paying Jim $1000 a week to back me up on HH. Jeeeez....

" - or at least, if that's not the case- have some financial gain from your operation. Sure- I'll give you this much... you have come up with a great business plan- at face value (import 3000-6000 cds from Russia, at $1.00 a pop... and move on eBay at an average of $6-9 a pop... anyone who can do the math will shake their hand)... that is, until the ethics behind what you do are considered. There's a reason why the product you offer, is STRICTLY licensed for the Russian economy."

Dude - i only sell a fraction of Russian cd's compared to my other inventory. And do i have to continually state that selling USED Russian cd's outside of Russia is 100% legal?? GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

" I won't get into this one much more here Sam, but... if you do continue tryin' to make me look like I'm pullin' s*it outta the air for some unfounded "envy"/competitive reasons, a quick call to Ula Gehret and a few others will shed light on everything quicker than it takes you to make a spellin' error (while usin' a spellchecker)."

Call who you want dude - I HAVE A CLEAR CONSCIENCE. Do you not get that? I am certainly not jeopardizing my livelihood for a few cd's. I find it ironic that i have NEVER attacked you on this site and yet you and Tony , my competitors, have done nothing but spew B.S. attacks at me....where does the jealousy come from?? Because i didn't go into business with you and let you in on all my trade secrets...??? Give it a rest already.

" I've conducted myself in a gentlemanly manner over the past year Sam, keepin' quiet- as much as I didn't want to. However... every action, has a reaction. You've decided to open this up- in a public forum, and have left me no choice but to reciprocate."

Say what you want - i will back up EVERY word i say.

"Sam... between you and I (and the voyeuristic eyes of the readers herein), based on the above statement alone, you're more full of sh*t, than a public toilet on a back alley in Tijuana. "

Really? BACK IT UP. You've done nothing but spout B.S. - BACK IT UP.

"Once again your IQ shines through. What does the number of transactions completed have to do with validating the legitimacy of someone's product?"

Wow - did you go to school to be this dumb? I'm not even going to answer this pathetic comment.

" Isn't it ironic that you share similiar linguistic skills with most bootleggers abroad?"

That Japanese food is eating your brain cells dude. Learn how to Wok before you run.

" Jokes aside Sam, I apologize if this is too blunt for the tastes of most, but I'll take this one by the balls and say it like it is. You're not a business man Sam, you're a conartist. And a good one, at that."

Really? Yeh i conned over 13,000 people out of hard-earned $$ - thats pretty damn good - and i only got what 40 negs compared to your 77?? Hmmm... yes we can see who the con artist and business man is here.

" My personal approach to business, or my witty comments- which at times may be perceived by some as "ego-driven" yet- funny by others, have zero bearing- again, on the legitimacy of your- or my, business. And... to touch on your "feedback" comparison... I'll try to pain a simple picture that even you, Sam, should be able to figure out in under ten minutes. From day one, Kissmydisc's primary objective, was to offer exactly that- which noone else could, or would. Essentially... if we can't find it, it doesn't exist- sort of mentality. Hence... if we were to compare our businesses to car dealerships... we're a Porsche dealership... we selll the high-end, high-priced items, that cater to a select group of people. So sure- we won't sell half as many cars as the Russian Car Dealership across the ocean (or the "better business man who found a way to get past U.S. compliance laws and sells Russian vehicles here in the states for a fraction of the cost of domestic cars").... but at the end of the day, it comes down to preference. I don't think there's a better analogy out there, to describe what it is you do, vs. what we do. No need to elaborate either, Sam. Conan O'Brien coulnd't have said it better himself (only.. he probably would have said it in much fewer words, heheheh... I do have a tendency to elaborate a bit- as Tony has often learned in my business-related emails to him, heheheh)."

This coming from a guy who didn't care about getting negs , that it is "part of the business" and in fact "you were surprised if you didn't get a neg every week" - Sounds like a real caring "business man" doesn't it? WAKE UP PJ - YOUR GAME IS UP AND NOW YOU'RE BITTER....

The numbers don't lie and neither do I. I am comfortable with that.

Guest Retrospect Records
Sammy,

I noticed you're still online- likely writin' up a response.  My suggestion- get some sleep first.  Isn't it... 4:16 am in Vegas now?  Your grammar was bad enough in the earlier post.  Add some credibility to subsequent posts by cleanin' it up a bit.  Hit the sack, I'll do the same, and we can roll up our sleeves again in the morning.

Oh... and uh, let this be the "first place your heard it"... breakin' news!  Sam WILL "mysteriously" find more copies of the Surrender CD!  Remember, you heard it here first.  Ahh.. Sam.. doesn't that suck...now that I've burst the bubble, what can ya do with'em?  What story can you possibly come up with, to validate the next few copies you'll try to pass off as "originals"?  Remains to be seen, but I'm sure it'll be a good one, and certainly with have a few fooled.  For some strange reason, I get the sudden urge to pop in Lizzy Bordens "Master of illusion"... hmmmm.... ;)

And... just for kicks... here's a joke I heard the other day- to at least temporarily relieve some tension.... hehehe. 

Young man gets arrested by a female police officer.  As she's cuffin' him, she states the generic... "You have the right to remain silent.... anything you say can and WILL be used "against you" in a court of law"... the young man pauses for a moment... then utters one word...

"Tits...".

How about a wager on that Mr. Green? Say $2000??

"How many more times are you going to be wrong today? Questionable business tactics? Dude get a life - do i again have to show your Ebay numbers against mine?? Payroll? Yeh i have been paying Jim $1000 a week to back me up on HH. Jeeeez...."

Hey Sam, how much will you pay me to back you up on this one?

Guest Retrospect Records
"How many more times are you going to be wrong today? Questionable business tactics? Dude get a life - do i again have to show your Ebay numbers against mine?? Payroll? Yeh i have been paying Jim $1000 a week to back me up on HH. Jeeeez...."

How about a few Surrender CD's - it seems i have a ton of them lying around....

How about a few Surrender CD's - it seems i have a ton of them lying around....

You have a deal! And everyone at HH is a witness. I'll toss you my address later.

EVERYBODY LISTEN UP - I DO NOT SELL FAKE CD'S.  ALL ARE LICENSED LEGITIMATE PRODUCTS.  WHEN I DECIDE TO RE-ISSUE AN OUT OF PRINT DISC I WILL MAKE IT PUBLICLY KNOWN AS DOES METAL MAYHEM.

:eek::blink: Dude, this is extremely bold statement for a person who just sold, among other things, 25 (TWENTY FIVE) Hard & Heavy and Forgotten Metal "rarities"

Do you really think you are the only one on this forum who knows the real origins of "rare imports" like Hexx, Rapid Tears, Cloven Hoof, Cruella, Desolate Angels (which is gone form eBay database, undoubtedly VeROed by Miskatonic or a band member), or what about all those Stormwitch 2-on-1 "originals" you have sold recently? I already read on other forums how far Battle Cry had to go to stop you selling them!

Dude, once you called me "hypocrite" for selling Heaven - "Bent" CD (Heatsink Records release I've bought from crook'd Dave before even knowing it is bootleg!), tell me how shall I address you? WHO'S HYPOCRITE NOW?

You know what, I'm through with talking to you - you are bad, evil person, and I dont want to have anything in common with you!

We have a proverb in our country saying "the beast can change it's skin, but not it's nature!" - think about it, and please dont bother responding to this posting.

:angryfire:

Guest Retrospect Records

All of those cd's you mentioned had barcodes so they look completely legit to me. Battle Cry hadn't even released the re-issued Stormwitch cd's yet so i didn't figure it was a big deal to sell those. Once they told me to stop selling the 2on1's , i did. YOU try selling thousands of cd's a month and then come talk to me....til then you stick to your little operation and don't comment on the big ones - OR you can go back to your socialist nation....

We have a saying in this country....Don't crap where you eat.

Why doesn't the buyer step forward to let us all know? You'd think he'd be proud to say he's the one and only owner of this Surrender, whatever it is... That was my one complaint in the first place, people/owners of this stay facelss, or nameless, or both, you know what I mean. Fill us all in owner!!??

Guest Retrospect Records

I hate to tell you this , but not everyone comes to this site. Not to mention , some buyers and sellers are really not interested in airing out personal information.