Best Early American Rock / Metal Album

Please choose one. Comments appreciated!  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of the 3 I'd have to go with VH (but one write-in I'd include would be AC/DC - Back In Black). When we were in junior high we were playing the VH tape at a friends house and his older (and much larger) brother comes into the room and pops the tape out of the player. He then proceeds to tell us we shouldn't be listening to it because it had the song "Running With The Devil" and that meant the band was satanic. We were all freaked out and told him we wouldn't listen to it anymore. He said he was going to destroy the evil tape but we later found out the jerk kept it for himself. :angry::lol:

Out of the 3 I'd have to go with VH (but one write-in I'd include would be AC/DC - Back In Black).  When we were in junior high we were playing the VH tape at a friends house and his older (and much larger) brother comes into the room and pops the tape out of the player.  He then proceeds to tell us we shouldn't be listening to it because it had the song "Running With The Devil" and that meant the band was satanic.  We were all freaked out and told him we wouldn't listen to it anymore.  He said he was going to destroy the evil tape but we later found out the jerk kept it for himself. :angry:  :lol:

Can someone clarify whether this is "American album" as in "By an American band" or "American album" as in "Hit in America".

Cause obviously AC/DC aint American!

Out of the 3 I'd have to go with VH (but one write-in I'd include would be AC/DC - Back In Black).  When we were in junior high we were playing the VH tape at a friends house and his older (and much larger) brother comes into the room and pops the tape out of the player.  He then proceeds to tell us we shouldn't be listening to it because it had the song "Running With The Devil" and that meant the band was satanic.  We were all freaked out and told him we wouldn't listen to it anymore.  He said he was going to destroy the evil tape but we later found out the jerk kept it for himself. :angry:  :lol:

Can someone clarify whether this is "American album" as in "By an American band" or "American album" as in "Hit in America".

Cause obviously AC/DC aint American!

Oops, my mistake CC. Didn't even notice the "American" in the title. Your right, they ain't. :fun_84:

how about

Starz......need i say more

The godz..are rock n roll machine

and a few more for honorable mention

Piper ..billy squier never rocked harder

angel..yeah they were pompish but on earth as in heaven is a rocker

I went with Van Halen...

Love them all, but Van Halen gets it for me - just because of the introduction to the world of a certain Eddie Van Halen. Say no more.

I was thinking solely of an AMERICAN Band with this poll. There was just something "different" with American bands in the early days of metal compared to the rest of the world... Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

And you're right, BM, Destroyer could have easily been included!

Wheres the love for Kiss?

Aerosmith?

Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Blackfoot?

Mothers Finest?

Eddie Money?

Also,I know they aint really HH material,but you cant talk early American rock without mentioning The Ramones!

Oh & lets not forget Alice "we're not worthy" Cooper!

I am with Howdy, Alice gets my vote. Not really as he was NOT an option. :( I knew before I even voted who would win. Van Halen is just the obvious choice. Radio is what really drives peoples' first musical instincts. It did me. Until I scraped up a copy of Shout at the Devil and then the radio pretty much disappeared for me. I realized that I could listen to ANY song I wanted to, just had to buy it......so I did from then on!!! To this day, I RARELY listen to the radio. If I am in the car, I lug tapes and cd's with me. Sure its easier to listen to the radio but there is no control!!!! I guess I am a bit of a control freak, but that is just me! :respect: LMAO

The best early American rock/metal albums are not on the list. They are:

1. KISS - Alive

2. Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic

3. Boston - Boston

But of the three choices given I'd take VH.

The best early American rock/metal albums are not on the list. They are:

1. KISS - Alive

2. Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic

3. Boston - Boston

But of the three choices given I'd take VH.

JIMBO YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY WITH AEROSMITH - TOYS IN THE ATTIC :drink:

• 10 months later...