Is this too much?

Is this too much?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those of you that have read my ongoing saga with nashvillerawk from eBay (Mick Rowe), you know that it's been extremely frustrating.

I thought about writing him another email. I got it typed out and then thought "well, maybe I shouldn't send it like THIS." So, I saved it to be sent later.

But I wanted your opinions on this. When it comes to music and dealing with music dealers, there's not many (any) places I'd look to first besides the people here at the HHMB.

Anyway, please let me know what you think. Thanks! :drink:

Proposed email:

Mick,

I've tired of everything going on. I don't even want the CD anymore. I want to extract that much money (or more) from any possible earnings you could see.

Please read the accompanying link, which will be linked to any future posts I make at other sites.

Jay

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...t=0entry77972

For those of you that have read my ongoing saga with nashvillerawk from eBay (Mick Rowe), you know that it's been extremely frustrating.

I thought about writing him another email. I got it typed out and then thought "well, maybe I shouldn't send it like THIS." So, I saved it to be sent later.

But I wanted your opinions on this. When it comes to music and dealing with music dealers, there's not many (any) places I'd look to first besides the people here at the HHMB.

Proposed email:

Mick,

I've tired of everything going on. I don't even want the CD anymore. I want to extract that much money (or more) from any possible earnings you could see.

Please read the accompanying link, which will be linked to any future posts I make at other sites.

Jay

Dude this is not good business. I would have turned him in 6 weeks after waiting. Has he or can he provide you with a tracking number? How did you pay? Unforunately I have had experience with didlo's like this. Shoot me a private message and I'll help you out.

Sorry Bro-

JL

Proposed email:

Mick,

Jay

Dude this is not good business. I would have turned him in 6 weeks after waiting. Has he or can he provide you with a tracking number? How did you pay? Unforunately I have had experience with didlo's like this. Shoot me a private message and I'll help you out.

Sorry Bro-

JL

Sorry I had a "Ronnie" attack and forgot how to spell.......I meant DILDO! :flame:

JL

]

And the vote is unanimous...

I have a very simple philosophy when it comes to Ebay transactions (over 1100 transactions and counting):

1. I only ever bid on auctions where PayPal is accepted. No PayPal? You don't get my business.

2. On any merchandise above $50, I make sure to pay via credit card through PayPal. Not bank account, not PayPal balance. That way I have 2 layers of security.

3. If I have not received my merchandise within 29 days, I file a complaint with PayPal (the limit is 30 days; if you wait longer than 30 days, PayPal's response is "sorry, there's nothing we can do"). I don't care what the excuse is from the seller, I file the claim. I can always cancel the claim after the fact. You have to protect yourself.

4. If PayPal cannot or will not do anything, I dispute the charge with my credit card company. What ends up happening is that PayPal ends up eating the cost rather than the fraudulent seller, but that is not my problem.

5. Do not be afraid to leave negative feedback. Yes, you may get a retaliatory negative because of it, but that's the price to be paid for keeping people honest - do it for other people who might get suckered by the same seller.

Your problem is that you didn't file the claim before the 30-day limit...

I know that you want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you have to look after number one... or you'll be treated like number two. :lol:

-Dan

5. Do not be afraid to leave negative feedback. Yes, you may get a retaliatory negative because of it, but that's the price to be paid for keeping people honest - do it for other people who might get suckered by the same seller.

Your problem is that you didn't file the claim before the 30-day limit...

I know that you want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you have to look after number one... or you'll be treated like number two. :lol:

-Dan

Dan, very true. The nice guy side of me is the side that gets my ass taken advantage of .................................. OK, that REALLY didn't sound good, but, in figurative terms, it's true because that's what happened to me anyway!

I knew that not filing before 30 days pretty much screwed me, but I figured that the seller would come through. I mean, why would an artist not come through to their public!

The part that really got me was your #5 reason though. I NEVER thought of it that way. (I always wanted that 100% rating, but your reasoning is superb. I wish I'd thought of that beforehand. The part that gets my goat the most though, is that he probably wouldn't have cared since he went to Walmart.com and quit eBaying.)

Don't forget about fraudulent buyers as well (in case you ever decide to unload some stuff). Right now I'm having to deal with this total :ahole: who bid on my Gucci jacket... she pays up, opts out of the insurance and delivery confirmation ('cuz I sure as hell ain't payin' for it!), and then says she never got it. Turns out she filed another claim for a Dolce & Gabbana jacket from another seller just a few weeks ago. Hmmm... 2 high-end designer jackets just HAPPEN to disappear within 1 month of each other? Don't think so. <_< I know she got the damn thing and there's no way in HELL I'm giving her the money back. I cleaned out my PP account and I don't give a rat's fuzzy ass if they shut it down. I can use my husband's screen name and account if I have to. :eviltongue:

So trust me, it's not just the sellers. I've had many more good experiences than bad on Ebay, but it just takes one to totally turn you off to the whole damn thing. <_<

Don't forget about fraudulent buyers as well (in case you ever decide to unload some stuff).  Right now I'm having to deal with this total  :ahole:  who bid on my Gucci jacket... she pays up, opts out of the insurance and delivery confirmation ('cuz I sure as hell ain't payin' for it!), and then says she never got it.  Turns out she filed another claim for a Dolce & Gabbana jacket from another seller just a few weeks ago.  Hmmm... 2 high-end designer jackets just HAPPEN to disappear within 1 month of each other?  Don't think so.  <_<  I know she got the damn thing and there's no way in HELL I'm giving her the money back.  I cleaned out my PP account and I don't give a rat's fuzzy ass if they shut it down.  I can use my husband's screen name and account if I have to.  :eviltongue:

So trust me, it's not just the sellers.  I've had many more good experiences than bad on Ebay, but it just takes one to totally turn you off to the whole damn thing.  <_<

Too true! I've had 2 bidders kinda screw me over, not as badly as you, but enough that I haven't sold anything in well over a year. Funny thing is, this was the first time I've been screwed in over 100+ transactions (as a buyer).

what is he selling on walmart.com and how does one sell on the site? I'm so confused.

He's not selling per se, but his CD is now on Walmart.com. I guess he must have struck a deal with them to sell it or something. I don't know and don't much care, since they don't have a review section or anything like Amazon. (Maybe since they are so stand up for the customer, if I write them and tell them, they won't sell him anymore! LOL)

Don't forget about fraudulent buyers as well (in case you ever decide to unload some stuff).  Right now I'm having to deal with this total  :ahole:  who bid on my Gucci jacket... she pays up, opts out of the insurance and delivery confirmation ('cuz I sure as hell ain't payin' for it!), and then says she never got it.  Turns out she filed another claim for a Dolce & Gabbana jacket from another seller just a few weeks ago.  Hmmm... 2 high-end designer jackets just HAPPEN to disappear within 1 month of each other?  Don't think so.  <_<  I know she got the damn thing and there's no way in HELL I'm giving her the money back.  I cleaned out my PP account and I don't give a rat's fuzzy ass if they shut it down.  I can use my husband's screen name and account if I have to.  :eviltongue:

So trust me, it's not just the sellers.  I've had many more good experiences than bad on Ebay, but it just takes one to totally turn you off to the whole damn thing.  <_<

That's why I started charging $3 for S&H two years ago and the handeling portion is included to cover for the greedy ebay fees AND delivery confirmation - without it PayPal will ignore you and reverse the payment to the buyer. It is mandatory and in your own insterest, so include it in the shipping, or in the starting bid!

Also, you have to be very cautious, because if PayPal shuts down your account they usualy do this by monitoring your IP address and if your husband logs to his from the same connection, his account most probably would get fried too!

And if you have linked bank account or CC to your paypal account, they will withdraw the money directly from those sources, even if you have removed them from your profile meanwhile! :blink: