SURRENDER-S/T-what happened to the band...

I am dying of curiousity:does anyone know ANYTHING abouty this band or band members?

Although the asking price for this baby is insane, but I have to admit that this is probably one of the best(if not the best)self-released CDs ever(IMO). What happened to the band? They couldn't just vanish into thin air...I heard these guys were from New York, but the rumour isn't confirmed. Are band members listed on the original pressing?

A few weeks ago I got the CDr and I haven't taken it out from my car since!!!

Also, why was this CD self-produced and self-released? Does it mean that the members didn't have money to hire a professional producer and an artwork designer? Or maybe they did have money but preferred to do everything themselves?

On heavyharmonies.com , you can see a link "Surrender Homepage", but it's not available. But if there is a link-does it mean that their homepage existed before?

I just wish at least one of the members resurfaced and well, maybe tried to re-release this masterpiece...

I think this band deserves to be discussed over and over again and of course it deserves to be re-released like no other band(maybe with a few exeptions).

Any thoughts on this one?

Thank you in advance.

Ashen.

:headbanger:

Another possibility is that they considered their music as a hobby and never thought about doing it on a wide scale. They might as well were young people with leagal 9-5 jobs and occasionally they would gather to play music.

I'm totaly lost at this point. The vocals, the music, the production, the lyrics sound too professional for a self-released cd and I do not understand what could have possibly happened to them. Who were these people? Who wrote this wonderful music and catchy lyrics? And the singer? He is so damn good!!More than talented, but never made it big.

I still think that they probably never persued the goal of being FAMOUS and they considered this release to be just an outcome of their hobby. If this theory is wrong(which is possible) then there have to be some demo tapes or some unreleased material (maybe material for their second album), but due to some circumstances the band dissolved. Too bad and too sad.

I myself think someone got a hold of these tracks, and took it upon themselves to name them Surrender, S/T of course. I have a feeling the real musicians and singer don't even know their material is being passed around, sold, and traded online. Their bandname was probably something else, or maybe they didn't even have a name. It's one thing to have an obscure release, where the CD is VERY rare and the bandmembers aren't able to be contacted, it's a whole other thing when there is no info on them, and nobody knows who they are, not one single person...? :wacko:

First off, Ashen....since you asked for toughts..opinions..etc. I, for one, think it's definitely NOT one of the better 'Indie' recordings out there...to me, it has a Starship vibe to it...doesn't have any edge to it.....and the singer is..well...average. To me..it's boring....

As for its authenticity and who plays on it, well.....I guess that will remain a mystery.....haha

Oh...and why don't you try putting these types of posts in the right forum....!

First off, Ashen....since you asked for toughts..opinions..etc. I, for one, think it's definitely NOT one of the better 'Indie' recordings out there...to me, it has a Starship vibe to it...doesn't have any edge to it.....and the singer is..well...average. To me..it's boring....

As for its authenticity and who plays on it, well.....I guess that will remain a mystery.....haha

Oh...and why don't you try putting these types of posts in the right forum....!

I do not have access to I-Net at home, so I have to visit HH at work. Lots of distractions,phone,etc...I guess I didn't pay attention to the fact that a posting like this should be in a different forum. Sorry about this.

Now about the band. What can I say..Of course I do not expect everyone to adore this CD just because I love it and because of the hype. I understand, JLPRocks, you have a different opinion and it is totally cool. For instance, most AOR/HR fans that I know love SPiced Ice-S/T, but I think it is pure crap.Same with Sweet Teaze. Everybody loves them, I think it's one of the worst bands in its ganre ever!!

Tastes differ and that's what makes this world beautiful. Everyone has a different evaluating criteria.

I still think that Surrender is an amazing band/album and unfortunately they followed the steps of the vast majority of super talented and prolific bands of 80s and 90s.

I was just curious whether anyone @ HH knew anything about them. I think there is nothing wrong with healthy curiousity and extreme adoration of something which is obviously lost forever.

Thank you.

Ashen.

:headbanger: