Debbie Does Playboy!

whiplash1972

00_17.jpg

Debbie Does "Playboy"

By Sarah Hall

Apparently, Debbie Gibson is trying to revive her electric youth.

The '80s pop phenom, whose hits included "Foolish Beat" and "Into Your Eyes," bares it all in the March issue of Playboy, which hits stands Feb. 11.

The layout reportedly features a "well-defined, yet very sexy, feminine look" for Gibson and marks a departure from her squeaky-queen teen idol image of yore.

Gibson, now 34 and known as Deborah, has turned down offers to pose nude in the past.

"I was born in the wrong era," she told USA Today in 2001. "I'm not comfortable with showing everyone everything. I never say never though. I've said I'd never get a tattoo and I got one."

It seems the Out of the Blue singer has upped her comfort levels in recent years--and Playboy readers will no doubt be looking forward to checking out that tattoo she mentioned.

Coinciding with her body-baring shoot, the singer will release her new, aptly named single, "Naked." She is also at work on a cover of Hall & Oates' "Rich Girl," which will be on her upcoming album.

Her last album, M.Y.O.B. was released in 2001.

Since exiting the glare of the pop spotlight, Gibson has carved a niche for herself on the Broadway stage, appearing in crowd pleasers such as Cabaret and Beauty and the Beast.

She's not the first 1980s pop princess to attempt to leap back into the public eye via Playboy's pages.

Back in 2002, onetime rival Tiffany stripped down for Hugh Hefner's mag, earning the distinction of being "the first teen star to ever do it," in her own words.

The "I Think We're Alone Now" singer actually advised Gibson not to follow in her (bare) footsteps.

"I think it probably wouldn't have the same effect," Tiffany said at the time. "I don't think [Gibson] would do it, frankly...And I don't think she needs to."

Hopefully for Gibson's sake, Tiffany is at least correct about her upcoming spread not having the same effect on the general population--namely little to none.

In addition to hitting the magazine racks next month, Gibson will also be seen in two Broadway on Ice productions in Florida, where she'll perform show tunes with former Olympic skater Brian Boitano.

We're just glad she has a contingency plan in place.

00_28.jpg

00_18.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno.........I think my mental image of "Only In My Dreams" will be shot now........she was CUTE in that damn video... :lol:

Debbie Does "Playboy"

I'ts "DEBORAH"...........damn it!!!! :lol:

Yeah.....she was a cute little girl.......I saw "Shake Your Love" the other night on VH1 Classics. Such a cutie...

Debbie Does "Playboy"

I'ts "DEBORAH"...........damn it!!!! :lol:

Yeah.....she was a cute little girl.......I saw "Shake Your Love" the other night on VH1 Classics. Such a cutie...

MJ,

I don't think Deborah "swings" your way, girlfriend?.... But tha'd be cool if she did!! :dance:

WAAAAAAAY COOOOOLL! B)

Ewww.......eww......ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :lol: MJ don't swing that way!!! :P

I know my image is ruined. I always liked her sweet innocent cute look.

Screw that, Dave! I want two tits and some bush!! :banana:

Only you bro! :D

Naw...it's not just him! :P Hell, DEBORAH is only about a year and a half older than me, & I've been wanting to see her nekkid ever since she first showed up....

I know....I'm a perv.... :crazy:

I know my image is ruined. I always liked her sweet innocent cute look.

Screw that, Dave! I want two tits and some bush!! :banana:

Only you bro! :D

Naw...it's not just him! :P Hell, DEBORAH is only about a year and a half older than me, & I've been wanting to see her nekkid ever since she first showed up....

I know....I'm a perv.... :crazy:

Definitely Whiplash. I have been waiting since she broke on the scene. I just hope she looks as good as I'd hoped. :D

I've liked her since day 1, but there is just something about her that I want to just cherish those cute memories and not think of her in any other way. Brings back the good times of my youth!

I'm just bizarre! :D

I'm just bizarre!  :D

Reeeeaaaallllly <_< ...........

You mean you haven't figured that out yet? <_<

I was being sarcastic. :lol:

Nooooo!! Reeeaaallllyyyy!!!

Wow but I thought I was bizarre, I'm told that 100 times a day!

Who is telling you that?!! Do you want me to kick their ass?!! :hammer:

Nah, I have my hit list hanging on the wall right next to my computer here. I'm going out tonight for bullets. I think I can handle them. :sm164:

Wow but I thought I was bizarre, I'm told that 100 times a day!

Who is telling you that?!! Do you want me to kick their ass?!! :hammer:

Nah, I have my hit list hanging on the wall right next to my computer here. I'm going out tonight for bullets. I think I can handle them. :sm164:

Well, you just let me know if you need some back-up. I'll bring the big guns!

:brutal_36: