Starting to sweat a little about a certain Ebayer

Okay, I may pushing the panic button too early but I won this Brian Jack cd Early last week. No big deal right? Well, this guy had one up for auction the week before and I lost in a bidding war (that doesn't happen often:)) It went for $202 I believe. He put another one up a couple of days later and I thought maybe he got lucky and found a couple somewhere (after all he is from Baltimore where Child's Play hailed from). I bid on it and won it for $50, much cheaper than before. I am obviously very happy because I saved money. I sent a money order certified so he would have to sign for it since he didn't accept Paypal. Well, he's been kind of a dick since then but said he received the money order today and is shipping it out Thursday or Friday due to a lot of snow that hit Baltimore. I am still fine with this until today. I see that he has another one up for auction. Now anyone who knows anything about this cd knows they don't grow on trees. Is it possible that he actually came across this many? He has 12 positive feedbacks and 1 neutral with no negative. Should I be freaking yet? His user name is Ronnie537. If anyone knows anything about him please inform?

Thanks In Advance

JL

Good points - I'd be a bit concerned too! :( But since he and the band are both from Baltimore, it's a possibility he knows someone or had a few sitting around for a while. I would wait until the disc arrives, check it out closely and go from there. Good luck! :drink:

A valid question ?? Do you really have to/want to pay these over-inflated prices ?? I know we all love our music but bloody hell !!! These people seem to put a huge price on and if someone puts in a bid,they rub their hands together and don't stop because if one pays they think everyone will....

A valid question ?? Do you really have to/want to pay these over-inflated prices ?? I know we all love our music but bloody hell !!! These people seem to put a huge price on and if someone puts in a bid,they rub their hands together and don't stop because if one pays they think everyone will....

Well, you're talking to a person who doesn't exactly give cd's away. Sometimes if you want a cd bad enough you have to pay for it. Not always, but you can get lucky sometimes. This is a prime example actually. If, and I do mean if, I receive the cd it's a cd that usually goes for $225-$250. I'm getting it for $46 plus shipping. It's all a matter of opinion I guess. I don't think that $46 is too steep, but neither is $150 to me if it's essential. When you get into the $300-$1000 range then I think it's a little ridiculous.

Later

JL Mullethead :headbanger:

Mine was not a personal criticism but honestly though,cds in the hundreds of pounds/dollars category::: Come On !!!! E-bay is watched,in my opinion by very small labels who pick up the rights to cds,market them at only a relatively small mark-up and next thing you know,over inflated prices gone.For the record I am just a music fan not a trader with relevant business acuman....

I agree w/ Christine regarding the Baltimore tie-in. To cite an example I found 2 Kinki Stunt cd's (they were out of Vegas, 2 hours from me) within 3 weeks of each other so it's entirely possible he stopped in a pawn shop (or several) on the same day and happened to come across them. I wouldn't worry about it (for now :flame: )

:D

Okay, I may pushing the panic button too early but I won this Brian Jack cd Early last week. No big deal right? Well, this guy had one up for auction the week before and I lost in a bidding war (that doesn't happen often:)) It went for $202 I believe. He put another one up a couple of days later and I thought maybe he got lucky and found a couple somewhere (after all he is from Baltimore where Child's Play hailed from). I bid on it and won it for $50, much cheaper than before. I am obviously very happy because I saved money. I sent a money order certified so he would have to sign for it since he didn't accept Paypal. Well, he's been kind of a dick since then but said he received the money order today and is shipping it out Thursday or Friday due to a lot of snow that hit Baltimore. I am still fine with this until today. I see that he has another one up for auction. Now anyone who knows anything about this cd knows they don't grow on trees. Is it possible that he actually came across this many? He has 12 positive feedbacks and 1 neutral with no negative. Should I be freaking yet? His user name is Ronnie537. If anyone knows anything about him please inform?

Thanks In Advance

JL

Thisi s a citation from his auction description:

HERES YER CHANCE TO GRAB YOUR COPY .THIS IS THE ENTIRE CD IN ITS FULL LENGTH FORM . THIS SPECIFIC COPY OF THE CD IS IN PERFECT SHAPE NO SCRATCHES AND NO SKIPS. GET IT NOW.

I kinda get a bit nervous when someone talks about "entirety" and "specific copies" of such rare products, as it could have double meaning, justifying if you receive CD-R, or other alternate pressing...

Thisi s a citation from his auction description:

HERES YER CHANCE TO GRAB YOUR COPY .THIS IS THE ENTIRE CD IN ITS FULL LENGTH FORM . THIS SPECIFIC COPY OF THE CD IS IN PERFECT SHAPE NO SCRATCHES AND NO SKIPS. GET IT NOW.

I kinda get a bit nervous when someone talks about "entirety" and "specific copies" of such rare products, as it could have double meaning, justifying if you receive CD-R, or other alternate pressing...

But then again, he could just mean THAT CD, like maybe another one he's got has a little scratch. We could go on speculating forever! :wacko:

But then again, he could just mean THAT CD, like maybe another one he's got has a little scratch.  We could go on speculating forever!  :wacko:

I agree, but if its said in such obscure way probably there is a reson for that... or maybe I'm getting too much eBaynoiac :crazy:

...but still, why someone would say "THIS IS THE ENTIRE CD IN ITS FULL LENGTH FORM" - like you can get half-cd, or cd with only 30 minutes on it (like audio tape recorded only at one side), is this an usual English expression (English is not my first language, sorry)

I'm just blabbering here out of curiousity anyway, sorry about that...

That item description would be sending up red flags left and right. It *could* mean an original, but it also could easily be a CDR. Has the person who won the high-priced one the week before posted positive feedback yet? If not, it's quite possible that *all* of them are CDR bootlegs. With a feedback rating of 12-0-1, if gets NARUed he hasn't ventured much.

Keep your fingers crossed, but I don't like the looks of it... :(

-Dan

That item description would be sending up red flags left and right. It *could* mean an original, but it also could easily be a CDR. Has the person who won the high-priced one the week before posted positive feedback yet? If not, it's quite possible that *all* of them are CDR bootlegs. With a feedback rating of 12-0-1, if gets NARUed he hasn't ventured much.

Keep your fingers crossed, but I don't like the looks of it... :(

-Dan

Red flags indeed. I was second high bidder, and got a SECOND CHANCE offer for this CD. I have emailed him twice as to whether or not it's a CDR, and haven't heard anything from him.

Just got an email from him now, in response to my inquiry as to whether the CD was an original or a copy (CDR). Here's his reply:

IT IS A COPY, PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM THE BRIAN JACK FGAN CLUB,

So, hopefully, anyone who has bought this from him knows what to expect.

Apparently, things got messed up in the semantics. A copy was not meant as a CDR copy but an original. Just got an email from him again clearing everything up.

He sounds like an honest guy....

Just to update on this matter without getting into too many details, this is not an honest seller. I received an e-mail from the person who won the same cd from him a week earlier and they still have not received it either. I have already filed a claim to Ebay and I believe he is also. I feel more sorry for this guy though, he lost over $200.........I only lost $50. Which I will get my money back through the post office. I'll let the goverment go after this guy.

Any way, don't buy anything from him and watch out for the same city incase he changes user names.

Thanks

JL

Apparently, things got messed up in the semantics. A copy was not meant as a CDR copy but an original. Just got an email from him again clearing everything up.

He sounds like an honest guy....

Just to update on this matter without getting into too many details, this is not an honest seller. I received an e-mail from the person who won the same cd from him a week earlier and they still have not received it either. I have already filed a claim to Ebay and I believe he is also. I feel more sorry for this guy though, he lost over $200.........I only lost $50. Which I will get my money back through the post office. I'll let the goverment go after this guy.

Any way, don't buy anything from him and watch out for the same city incase he changes user names.

Thanks

JL

Okay, here's another e-mail from this person. Looks like Ronald is using another name to bid up his auctions also. Here's the e-mail. Please watch out for this person.......

Hello: Yes, I think I can figure out how to file a claim. He has said twice that he was going to send the CD "tomorrow". But, it should only take a day for it to get to me. I could drive up and get it andbe back home in under 3 hours.

I just don't want to jump to conclusions here. I sent him another email reminder just now. I suppose I'll give him another day or 2 to respond.

Also, it looks as if he's using another eBay account "annaaol" to set arbitrary reserves on ronnie537 auctions. annaaol has bid on just about every auction that he's had up in the last 30 days, and annaaol is only bidding on his auctions, no one else's!

I knew this was bad news as soon as I saw him list another CD like the one that I won. But, it was after I had already sent the money order.

So, I take it that you haven't received your winnings either? Did you send the money?

Thanks,

Jeff, eBay alias botwood

This is the guy who posted that he'd send out a free copy of several cds to anyone who asked for them right???

I sent him an email asking for a "free" copy of 3 cds and he said to send him $7 each to cover the cd, ink, and shipping and he'd send me the cds.

Isn't $21 a bit expensive for 3 CDRs???

This is the guy who posted that he'd send out a free copy of several cds to anyone who asked for them right???

I sent him an email asking for a "free" copy of 3 cds and he said to send him $7 each to cover the cd, ink, and shipping and he'd send me the cds.

DO NOT SEND THIS GUY ANY $$$$$$$$$$$$ He's a fraud and a liar! He's being investigated as of now. For $21 you can buy 50 cd-rs.

Jaime????????????? Is this Nuno Jaime?

JL

DO NOT SEND THIS GUY ANY $$$$$$$$$$$$ He's a fraud and a liar! He's being investigated as of now. For $21 you can buy 50 cd-rs.

Jaime????????????? Is this Nuno Jaime?

JL

I don't think I'm Nuno Jaime. :wacko: Big Extreme fan though.

Don't worry...you're right, for $21 I can buy 50 cdrs.

Actually....$21 for cdrs with full color inserts is not too great a price. I've seen people ask as much as $10. Of course it's all relative.....

Actually....$21 for cdrs with full color inserts is not too great a price. I've seen people ask as much as $10. Of course it's all relative.....

I agree with Jim...$7 for a CDR with full color inserts isn't unreasonable. Your paying for the person's time, wear & tear on his computer, ink for the printer, and the CDR itself. Seems like everybody's looking for freebies nowadays... :tsk:

Both Jim and Mark are right about $7 being a reasonable price for a CDr with full artwork and jewel case, and I haven't been able to find the original post from the person in question (deleted?), but I think the point cook jaime was making is that the (completely unsolicited) offer was that the guy would make anyone on the board a free CDr to show his good will and humanitarianism (in so many words) no questions asked.

That's not halibut you smell.

Just a small question. You say you will get your money back from the Postal Service, how so? You say you mailed the money order "certified" which means the party it's send to has to sign for it and then the mail carrier scans it as "delivered". The postal service only gives refunds on money orders that don't reach their destinations and are not cashed, either due to getting lost or stolen. NOW if he mails his package to you "insured" then if that gets lost or stolen the Postal Service is required to pay him the cost of the item send. I ask this because i work for the Postal Service and i deliver letters and parcels everday that are shipped "certified" and all that gives the shipper is proof of delivery but not a refund. Not trying to be a know it all because i'm noti'm just curious as to what your post office told you about this.

I think the point cook jaime was making is that the (completely unsolicited) offer was that the guy would make anyone on the board a free CDr to show his good will and humanitarianism (in so many words) no questions asked.

That's not halibut you smell.

You're right, Jimbo, the shady shyster did offer free CDRs for anyone who asked, and free should mean free, not $7.

And actually, it WAS halibut I smelled...I'm having fish for dinner. :)