Ebay suspendeds Sellers account

A while ago i had the problem of purchasing several cd's from antan7 on ebay to find they were all Russian pressings that were not to be sold outside of Russia and boy was i pissed off about it and contacted MTM in regards to this as the first two that came were from their label.

They wanted all the details stating that they are for the Russian market only and were not to be sold outside of there!

What delight i had when i recieved a message from ebay this morning stating they have suspended the account of the seller antan7.

I wonder if it has anything to do with selling "ILLEGAL COPIES" and maybe because he was selling so many , the Record Companies might have thought they need to put a stop to this ?

If this is the case , they should not stop there because there are others i have seen also selling them.

Maybe it's all just coincidence but who cares, as long as the dodgy :ahole: is gone !!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news, but I have a funny feeling that the seller will just start a new account and continue what he's already been doing. <_<

Don't worry about that , they don't call me Sherlock Holmes for nothing <_<

HE CAN RUN , BUT HE CAN'T HIDE :tsk:

O.K , maybe i'm not that intelligent , so would you settle for Johnny English then.

He actually reminds me more of myself :wacko:

Weird. I was looking at stuff on eBay last night and almost bid on one of his auctions!

Maybe something subliminally told me not to bid on it.

I got the same message from ebay reguarding the seller..i have received my cds from him and they are original issues, they are not boots.i won evidence one / criticize the truth and evidence one / tattooed heart ..believe me they are originals..my take is that he is selling to the markets which the cds havent been released in yet..

I got the same message from ebay reguarding the seller..i have received my cds from him and they are original issues, they are not boots.i won evidence one / criticize the truth and evidence one / tattooed heart ..believe me they are originals..my take is that he is selling to the markets which the cds havent been released in yet..

Mmmm , very interesting !!!

No Russian writing on it at all or CD Maximum on the disc or back cover ?

There may be more sellers like him on ebay but somehow I always ended up looking at his auctions so he must have been one of the bigger guns. He was selling some nice items (that were unfortunatley boots/illegal items). Thanks to some previous warnings here I never did buy anything from him.

There may be more sellers like him on ebay but somehow I always ended up looking at his auctions so he must have been one of the bigger guns.  He was selling some nice items (that were unfortunatley boots/illegal items).  Thanks to some previous warnings here I never did buy anything from him.

I've won a couple of cd's from his auctions, both were original pressings....I have mixed feelings on the "Illegal Russian" copies/boots........I've bought several 2on1 issues from various ebay sellers, and they are for my personal collection, they are bootlegs i'm sure, but most of them are out of print so i see no problem in it.....Others will disagree........One problem now is, the market is flooded by the Russia cd's and you have to be very careful who you are buying from, because if you do not ask, they will not tell.......And the obivious, if you are buying from someone in Russia/Belarus, odds are they are Russia pressings.........So my advice to anyone, is if you have a problem with Russia cd's and are buying on Ebay or anywhere else, you need to ask questions before bidding or buying.......But that is just my take on it......

Later

Lon

after a close examination of the EVIDENCE ONE / CRITIZE THE TRUTH cd..i noticed on the back insert it specifically say "this cd not to be sold outside russia,cis,&baltic states"..and yes the cd has russian writing on it and is a cd maximum issue..i now suppose that he was busted without the proper liscences(sp?) to distribute out side russia.......

after a close examination of the EVIDENCE ONE / CRITIZE THE TRUTH cd..i noticed on the back insert it specifically say "this cd not to be sold outside russia,cis,&baltic states"..and yes the cd has russian writing on it and is a cd maximum issue..i now suppose that he was busted without the proper liscences(sp?) to distribute out side russia.......

I don't think it was a case of him getting busted, because there are 100's of Russia sellers, i counted 51 this morning, all selling pretty much the same things....It's pretty much a circle, like the article that was posted on here not long ago about "Russian Bootlegging" of cd's......Goes back to the If you do not ask, they will not tell, and alot of times if you ask they still won't tell......

Later

Lon

A while ago i had the problem of purchasing several cd's from antan7 on ebay to find they were all Russian pressings that were not to be sold outside of Russia and boy was i pissed off about it and contacted MTM in regards to this as the first two that came were from their label.

They wanted all the details stating that they are for the Russian market only and were not to be sold outside of there!

What delight i had when i recieved a message from ebay this morning stating they have suspended the account of the seller antan7.

I wonder if it has anything to do with selling "ILLEGAL COPIES" and maybe because he was selling so many , the Record Companies might have thought they need to put a stop to this ?

If this is the case , they should not stop there because there are others i have seen also selling them.

Maybe it's all just coincidence but who cares, as long as the dodgy :ahole: is gone !!

I always pass on his cd's because of that bullshit. I hope I don't offend anyone from Russia who may be on this list but I won't buy anything from anyone selling cd's from there. There is a massive bootleg problem going on there right now. The person in particular you are speaking of always has a better price than everyone else too. I almost bid on them a couple of times but decided better of it. Unfortunately T-Boner is right. He will just open up another username account. For that reason, I will not buy from anyone in Russia on Ebay. Unless the muthatrucker moves to another country, he isn't going to fool me. Sorry you got burned though bro. I think we all have been a time or two.

Good Luck

JL

All Bootleggers------- :brutal_36:

I don't think it was a case of him getting busted, because there are 100's of Russia sellers, i counted 51 this morning, all selling pretty much the same things....It's pretty much a circle, like the article that was posted on here not long ago about "Russian Bootlegging" of cd's......Goes back to the If you do not ask, they will not tell, and alot of times if you ask they still won't tell......

Later

Lon

You are dead right Lon, i saw a fair few myself whilst browsing the other day and the other ones that concern me are ones "BRAND NEW AND STILL WRAPPED" from Mexico and Hong Kong <_<

But as I recall antan7 had listed Finland as his residence on eBay... and there are several major US powersellers that sell predominantly Russian licenses/boots and unless you are aware (determine what they sell from looking at their inventory), or specifically ask, you probably going to get some Russian CDs sooner or later if you buy from Ebay often. <_<

Here is a US based powerseller (flexteam2003) who has 100% feedback and yet sells ONLY Russian pressings for $6.95 (both licensed and bootlegs). I know for sure as I have asked him questions about several of his auctions and he had the courtecy of admiting they are Russian pressings.

Also he hosts his pictures at http://russianshanson.com/ which is a private site belonging to a Russian person living in Los Angeles (according to http://russianshanson.com/me.htm - written in Russian).

If this is not enough, just ask yourself who could afford selling MAJOR BRAND NEW releases for $6.95 and yet making profit?

And that Venom 2-on-1 with AAARRG Records logo blew my mind - the funniest bootleg i've ever seen :devil:

At least Sharapova is hot! 

That's all I'll  say for now.

Good idea mate because i know where you're coming from and we know what the end result would be :duel:

I must admit , i like your humor as i did a while back ;)

:drink: Dave !

• 1 month later...

I was just told about a seller i was buying off of and i had no idea they were boots!! I guess i was kinda stupid about it(didnt know) didny realize what the hell was going on. The more i think about it the more it pisses me off!! The seller I bought off of was Darkemporium on Ebay-- If this is true... something needs to be done aboout his ass too!! Later Rich Oh By the way NICE TITTIES T BONE!! LOL :hitit:

Antan7 is back on ebay and there is also alot of others selling these Russian copies.

I always ask now before i buy "If they are the Russian copies"

BEWARE , THERE ARE ALOT OF THEM NOW ON EBAY !!!!!!! ALWAYS ASK.

Something that also gives them away other than stating "Eastern European Edition" is that they normally sell for $8.99-$11.99 Brand new which is pretty cheap for a brand new cd. :drink:

Antan7 is back on ebay and there is also alot of others selling these Russian copies.

I always ask now before i buy "If they are the Russian copies"

BEWARE , THERE ARE ALOT OF THEM NOW ON EBAY !!!!!!! ALWAYS ASK.

Something that also gives them away other than stating "Eastern European Edition" is that they normally sell for $8.99-$11.99 Brand new which is pretty cheap for a brand new cd. :drink:

metalblow located in Minsk is one I've noticed selling brand new "Eastern European Edition" cd's.

Guest Retrospect Records

It is NOT illegal to sell used cd's of Russian pressings - most of the people at this forum need to be educated about what is legal and not legal (especially Stormspell). They are not supposed to be sold outside of Russia if they are sealed. Once they are opened then it is a USED item and nobody can tell you where , when and how you sell it. Think about this scenario - i go to Moscow and buy a cd that says "not to be sold outside Russia". I bring it home - i don't like it , the band sucks - are you people saying i have to throw it away and cannot auction it off?? Thats ridiculous. If you are unsure of a cd's origin ASK THE SELLER. Simple.

Guest Retrospect Records

Let me make one other thing perfectly clear. Cd's released on the following labels ARE NOT boots and are officially sanctioned and licensed.

Irond , Soyuz , CD-Maximum , Fono , Dark Division , Art Music.

Anybody who says otherwise has incorrect information and/or is misinformed and i WILL argue my point veraciously.

Same theme but different source. I today recieved a copy of LA Guns Hollywood Raw from a company called DVD legacy in the US. Cost me 12 Euro's including shipping , a great price. I'll use them again, they were in amazon.de.

I've been annoyed by this Russian guy for some time though. Certianly in Germany he lists 50 or 100 CD's all ending at the same time and does this a few times an evening. I quite like browsing the closing items to try and pick stuff up and he made it a nightmare.

I've been annoyed by this Russian guy for some time though. Certianly in Germany he lists 50 or 100 CD's all ending at the same time and does this a few times an evening. I quite like browsing the closing items to try and pick stuff up and he made it a nightmare.

Well, in all fairness, most sellers use bulk listing software of some sort to upload and start their auctions en masse, rather than manually start them one by one. So, as fast as Ebay can list them, the auctions start -- and end -- at approximately the same time. Yes, you can schedule auctions to start at various times, but (1) that's a pain in the ass, and (2) scheduled auction times are an additional fee from Ebay.

You should either make your bids in advance, instead of waiting for the ending time, or use a sniping service. I've been using esnipe.com for several years.

Either way, I would not be blaming the seller...

-Dan