George Thorogood-ish?

jsv08

Hey, George Thorogood has been blowing my mind lately! Is there anyone else playing this style of rockin' blues, but with a HEAVIER sound?? I'm looking for intricate guitarwork with a ton of improv and variations of 'riffs', ala Thorogood, totally rockin' blues, but ..HEAVIER! Cranked up a couple notches, you know? Any suggestions? Cheers!

JS

Recommend the following:

*Raging Slab 'Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert" (is really a studio album)

*Ironboss "Hung Like Horses" (prolly only find that at underdogma records online)

*Badlands (self-titled)

*Black Crowes (you should have the first two already! If not...) "Southern Harmony and Musical Companion"

*Drivin' n Cryin "Fly Me Courageous"

The Ironboss is a real gem and the harder one to find :headbanger:

PS--LOVE Thorogood! :drink:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think they are what I'm looking for. Not looking for blues based rock ala Black Crowes. I'm looking for ...ok, call me crazy, but I was thinking I'd love to hear Thorogood covered by Black Label Society! heh.. THAT kind of

'heavier'! There may not be anything like that, but also, Four Horseman was a good suggestion but I'm looking for something less simplistic, and something with swagger, attitude, and that 'beer smell' to it, you know? An amped up SRV would be another description.. Hell, maybe Thorogood is just in a league of his own. Thanks again, and it you've got more suggestions, lemme have 'em!

JS

How 'bout The Four Horsemen??   :headbanger:

If you can find them! I should have picked them albums up back in the day. Who knew that the music they played would die? :(

Chad, there's a few on ebay right now, and they're reasonably priced - go get 'em! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think they are what I'm looking for. Not looking for blues based rock ala Black Crowes. I'm looking for ...ok, call me crazy, but I was thinking I'd love to hear Thorogood covered by Black Label Society! heh.. THAT kind of

'heavier'!  There may not be anything like that, but also, Four Horseman was a good suggestion but I'm looking for something less simplistic, and something with swagger, attitude, and that 'beer smell' to it, you know? An amped up SRV would be another description.. Hell, maybe Thorogood is just in a league of his own. Thanks again, and it you've got more suggestions, lemme have 'em!

JS

Do you have anything by Love/Hate? Black Out in the Red Room or Wasted in America would seem to fit the bill...

I am thinking American Dog may be the right way to go, although I haven't yet heard them. I am getting ready to buy one of theirs soon.

From what I have read, they are no-frills hard rock that Zakk himself would appreciate. Ironboss is that sort of band also. Will letcha know if/when I get American Dog and how it sounds

• 7 years later...

I got a great George Thorogood story...

So my buddy's band is down at Ardent Studio's recording there never to be released cd (LONG STORY), but as it turns out George is there recording a new track or two for the re-issue or anniversary or something of the Bad To The Bone album (this must have been 3 or so years ago) and apparently there is this little verenda/garden area at Ardent where you can go smoke up and my buddy bumps into George out there and they chat it up a bit. After a smoke or 2 they start to disperse and George looks at my pal and says "Hey, remember me when your famous."

Recommend the following:

*Raging Slab 'Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert" (is really a studio album)

*Ironboss "Hung Like Horses" (prolly only find that at underdogma records online)

*Badlands (self-titled)

*Black Crowes (you should have the first two already! If not...) "Southern Harmony and Musical Companion"

*Drivin' n Cryin "Fly Me Courageous"

The Ironboss is a real gem and the harder one to find :headbanger:

PS--LOVE Thorogood! :drink:

How can you not love Thorogood?!