Used CD stores I've found. Any in Philly?

Just went to Princeton Record Exchange in NJ for the first time and they have a really nice selection of CDs for $1.99. They even have a metal section. Can't say I really looked at the new selection so I don't know how it was.

The Baltimore, MD area has several Record & Tape Traders that have a decent selection.

LA has Amoeba Music which is the best I've seen. Just a huge store.

Went to Vegas over New Years and researched some CD stores to visit. Both sucked.

I know Philly has one in Manyunk. Does anyone know any others in the Philadelphia area?

Went to Vegas over New Years and researched some CD stores to visit.  Both sucked.

I have yet to find a decent used cd store in Vegas. There's one by the university that is mostly college music but I've come across one or 2 good discs. The other is a music store in a mall on the north end of town that I had some luck but they don't have their used stuff organized very well so it's really hit and miss.

Big B's on Maryland Ave was definitely the better of the 2. The other one was right across the street but I can't remember the name. You know it's bad though when I go to 2 used CD stores and walk away empty handed.

Went to Vegas over New Years and researched some CD stores to visit.  Both sucked.

I have yet to find a decent used cd store in Vegas. There's one by the university that is mostly college music but I've come across one or 2 good discs. The other is a music store in a mall on the north end of town that I had some luck but they don't have their used stuff organized very well so it's really hit and miss.

Just went to Princeton Record Exchange in NJ for the first time and they have a really nice selection of CDs for $1.99.  They even have a metal section.  Can't say I really looked at the new selection so I don't know how it was.

I know Philly has one in Manyunk.  Does anyone know any others in the Philadelphia area?

Yeah, PRE is a pretty cool store, I've bought many a budget metal CD there. Let me know if you find anything in Philly, I'm only about an hour away.

in viva las vegas i actually found 3 great stores 2 years ago. luckily i had an extra bag for my stuff. one was a pawn shop on the way to hoover dam. the other 2 were across the street from each other about 6 miles off the strip heading towards the national park. i bought around 25 cds total as they were $4 each in all the stores since i was buying junk so to speak. college boy trash is mertz' treasure.

mertz

in viva las vegas i actually found 3 great stores 2 years ago.  luckily i had an extra bag for my stuff.  one was a pawn shop on the way to hoover dam.  the other 2 were across the street from each other about 6 miles off the strip heading towards the national park.  i bought around 25 cds total as they were $4 each in all the stores since i was buying junk so to speak.  college boy trash is mertz' treasure.

mertz

Mertz are you talking about the pawn shop on the main drag in Boulder City? I was going to make a stop there last trip up but they had already closed for the day. I'm a little leery about hitting any pawn shops in Vegas proper for fear of leaving with less than I had before I went in (billfold, my car, etc...). The pawn shop in Henderson on Sunset right off the 515 is horrible, don't waste any time there. There used to be a CD Wherehouse that was awesome. I dropped $115.00 there my first stop and then the next time I went they had shut down. :crying:

Gonna use this thread to piggyback another city?

Anyone know any good ones in NYC? Headed there this weekend and I think I'll have a LITTLE time, so, knowing the best would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I have heard there's a great one in downtown NYC. I'll try to get the name and/or location for ya.

Gonna use this thread to piggyback another city?

Anyone know any good ones in NYC?  Headed there this weekend and I think I'll have a LITTLE time, so, knowing the best would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...