Paradisenowproductions-a seller from Canada...

Can one Seller with 100% positive feedback screw a buyer on e-bay?

I was thinking a lot whether to post this new topic or not. After all , I wouldn't like to be the invocator of another verbal fight on HH, but there is something I think you should know.

Does everyone pay attention to sellers' feedback before purchasing a CD on e-Bay? Has anyone ever had problems with 100% feedbacked sellers?

Well, even the best can screw up-that is understandable and it is not even about the money..It's about confusion: I am very confused , because this seller has PERFECT FEEDBACK and now I will be his first "bump on the road".

I won Shelter-S/T from Paradisenowproductions-a seller from Canada on December 13-04 and so far I haven't received it. Take into consideration, that I always make payments right away, not the next day, not the next week.

Winning bid: US $29.00

Ended: Dec-13-04 12:05:15 PST

Start time: Dec-06-04 12:05:15 PST

History: 8 bids (US $6.00 starting bid)

Winning bidder: ashen_light ( 57)

Item location: Brampton, Ontario

Canada

He is in Canada and I am in the U.S. Today is January-08-05. What gives?

I understand that the item might have got lost in the mail-which never ever happened to me, but this is not the issue-FORGET ABOUT THE F.......ING CD.

What really ticks me off is that he ignored my three e-mail inquiries! I even called them the other day(got the number at paypal.com) and left a message, but again nobody got back to me. And one more thing:he is not an e-Bay registered user any longer.

Well, let's wait till January-13. It will be exactly one month.

I will let you all know about the outcome.

Truly yours,

Ashen. :headbanger:

Hi ashen_light. I had a problem with an ebay item taking forever to get to me from a seller in Canada. He sent it using what in the US would be media mail and it took almost 2 months to get it. This guy also ignored 3 emails I sent to him. So it can take a while if in fact he did send it. Unfortunately for you it sounds like the guy you are dealing with may not have even done that if he is suddenly no longer a registered user. But I do hope you get your cd.

There is some problem with Canadian customs recently. I heard that for security reasons they started returning all mail without full sender AND recipient names written on the package, why they would insist on that - beats me!

I got problem too, as a Canadian buyer recently proclaimed he never got his package from me, and it was sent airmail 27 days ago.

That was my first problem with Canadian buyer ever.

Could this problem be because of evergroving popularity of americans purchasing cheap medicines from canadian online pharmacies? I dont know... that would sucks though

BTW, your seller is registered user again, so you still may have some chance of receiving your purchase, good luck!

Hi! I bought my Shelter CD off Paradisenowproductions, which is JT Shelter himself. It was a 100% satisfactory in every way, and I highly recommend him. Mind you, I live in Canada and didn't have to wait a long time to have it delivered.

The reason things are slow here lately is due to the assinine number of postal holidays lately. Here's the explanation. Postal workers already have weekends off (no delivery) so that differs from the US, where there's Saturday service. In the event that a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday (as it did with both Christmas AND New Year's this year), the postal service takes the next business days off to mark the holiday.

Hence, because Christmas fell on a Sat, and Boxing Day on a Sunday, the letter carriers took the subsequent Monday AND Tuesday off work. That's four days without any movement in the mail system. Then, after Wed through to Fri processing the backlog (which probably backed them up further), the weekend of Jan. 1/2 hit (New Year's) which meant the posties took the Monday off (to mark the New Year's Day holiday), resuming postal service on Tues.

All told, Canada Post worked only 4 days out of 10 between December 25, 2004 and January 3, 2005. Factor in the Christmas volume and the backlog and bad weather as well (esp. this past week) and you have one seriously taxed/stressed-out system.

Give it some time, and above all, don't blame JT. He's a good guy- both musically and personally. I have every confidence you'll get the CD soon.

koogles

I have to agree with the fact that not a single person on HH said a bad word about this seller. This is the reason why I haven't left any feedback yet.

Thanks a lot for clearing things out for me-now I am pretty sure that I will get the CD, it's just the matter of time and as we all know-patience is a vurtue.

Meanwhile, I want to let everyone know that I have recently got Surrender-S/T, Friction-Baby Talk and Spiced Ice-S/T. Although these are all CD-Rs, but let me tell you something: Friction is an incredible band and Surrender has it's own unique sound which is in my opinion outstanding(Run Run Nikki). I just wish the originals were more affordable.

For some reason, Spiced Ice didn't impress me at all. It is currently on e-Bay and I even thought about buying it, but I got a chance to listen to it and now I changed my mind.

Anyway, thank you guys for the peace of mind. Meanwhile, I shall be enjoying Surrender and Friction and I will let everyone know about the end of the story with SHELTER-S/T.

Truly yours,

Ashen. :headbanger:

Yeah, Spiced Ice is a bit of a grower. Very similar to Justin Sayne... gets better with each listen.

BTW, I noticed that ParadiseNowProductions IS still a registered user on eBay.

Well, I'll give it another spin, although I don't think it's gona work out. Something is missing there, but I cannot figure out what. It's an O.K. album and in my opinion there's nothing outstanding in it, maybe some accoustics, but overall, there many other self releases which will easily kick S.I.'s ass.

Hey Koogles, any idea on an everage price for Friction-Baby Talk?

Hey... if the FRICTION is an original and in excellent condition, there's no reason why you can't get $200 for it. Do you have an original? Let me know, I'm in the market for that one.

Thanks

koogles

endangeredcds@hotmail.com

Hey... if the FRICTION is an original and in excellent condition, there's no reason why you can't get $200 for it. Do you have an original? Let me know, I'm in the market for that one.

Thanks

koogles

endangeredcds@hotmail.com

Dear Koogles,

thank you for the response. The problem is that I do not have it, but I was thinking about tracking it down. It's a great album, my friend and that's why I was inquiring about an average price on it.

I will go and check local used CD stores. Guess what, Koogles, a friend of mine found Sweet Teaze in one of those stores in Georgetown for $7.99, can you imagine that?

$200...haha...nice try. Yeah...I'd be 'in the market' for one too at that price!! :lol:

Ashen, that cd *Friction "Baby Talk" could easily go for $400 to $500......

I know how you feel Ashen. The not knowing just pisses you off to no extent. It's a personal pet-peeve of mine when sellers or buyers don't respond to e-mails. I've had 3-4 within the last 2 months that have been very very bad about it. I rarely ever have problems with communication so when they all came at once, I was a little ticked.

Two of them were major power sellers. I got contact info and phone numbers and still no answer or response. I finally reported their info as bad to eBay and they looked into it. I got an e-mail back from one of them and I responded again and then no answer again. I left them neutral feedback because I did finally recieve the item, but the communication was piss poor <_<

The two sellers that I had problems with were priceunlimited and in*vintage. They have some decent products, but no communication

The two sellers that I had problems with were priceunlimited and in*vintage. They have some decent products, but no communication

I didn't realize Friction was that pricy....

Hey, T-Bone, you are 1000% right!!! It's very anoying when there is no communication. And it's not even about the money-it's the fact itself.

:headbanger:

Unfortunately (depending if you are buyer or seller), that FRICTION - Baby Talk CD is very pricey. I agree with Jim in that you'd expect to pay in the $500 range for an original copy. I sold one about a year and a half ago on E bay and it fetched $665.00 which floored me at the time.....I didn't realize it was so in demand and hard to find. Another sold on E Bay late this past year for over $500, so I would enjoy the CDR if I were you!!

As far as the mail coming out of Canada, I receive packages from Europe and Japan two or three times faster than anything arrives from Canada. And they are our neighbors......go figure!! BUT, I sure hate those sellers who ignore your e mails.......just plain rude if you ask me.

Well..i guess i am gonna hafta follow through with my call to Dave Bennett, to see if he has any extra Friction /Baby Talk cds in his possession..thanks for the info..Danny

Unfortunately (depending if you are buyer or seller), that FRICTION - Baby Talk CD is very pricey.  I agree with Jim in that you'd expect to pay in the $500 range for an original copy.  I sold one about a year and a half ago on E bay and it fetched $665.00 which floored me at the time.....I didn't realize it was so in demand and hard to find.  Another sold on E Bay late this past year for over $500, so I would enjoy the CDR if I were you!!

As far as the mail coming out of Canada, I receive packages from Europe and Japan two or three times faster than anything arrives from Canada.  And they are our neighbors......go figure!!  BUT, I sure hate those sellers who ignore your e mails.......just plain rude if you ask me.

Well..i guess i am gonna hafta follow through with my call to Dave Bennett, to see if he has any extra Friction /Baby Talk cds in his possession..thanks for the info..Danny

Unfortunately (depending if you are buyer or seller), that FRICTION - Baby Talk CD is very pricey.   I agree with Jim in that you'd expect to pay in the $500 range for an original copy.   I sold one about a year and a half ago on E bay and it fetched $665.00 which floored me at the time.....I didn't realize it was so in demand and hard to find.   Another sold on E Bay late this past year for over $500, so I would enjoy the CDR if I were you!!

As far as the mail coming out of Canada, I receive packages from Europe and Japan two or three times faster than anything arrives from Canada.   And they are our neighbors......go figure!!   BUT, I sure hate those sellers who ignore your e mails.......just plain rude if you ask me.

It's January 13 today and still no Shelter-S/T. It's been excactly one month.

The seller still hasn't responded yet and he will get negative feedback, that's for sure. And I do not really care whether it's J.T. himself or even Roko Kohlmeyer.

Stay Rock, HH Family!!!!

Ashen.

Just a thought........before you go posting negative feedback I have a suggestion. If you paid for your CD with PAYPAL, I would file a complaint with them (you now have up to 45 days). It has been my experience that those sellers that don't respond to your e mails suddenly wake up when PAYPAL tells them they are preparing to deduct X amount of cash from their account, or freeze their account pending an investigation! They suddenly find time to communicate with you and.....if the deal has gone bad, at least you can recover your payment.

E Bay themselves also have a resolution system in place and you are covered for up to $200 if the seller fails to deliver or the product is substantially different that what was advertised in the auction. You can follow this link to work through E Bay......http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html?ssPageName=CMDV:AB

I know you really have the urge to leave a nasty feedback, but for your own protection and to be sure, work the system.

That is a good bit of info Del, thanks for posting it. 45 days now from paypal is really a big help, and the Ebay Resolution System sounds good too. thanks again!

Michael

Just a thought........before you go posting negative feedback I have a suggestion.  If you paid for your CD with PAYPAL, I would file a complaint with them (you now have up to 45 days).  It has been my experience that those sellers that don't respond to your e mails suddenly wake up when PAYPAL tells them they are preparing to deduct X amount of cash from their account, or freeze their account pending an investigation!  They suddenly find time to communicate with you and.....if the deal has gone bad, at least you can recover your payment.

E Bay themselves also have a resolution system in place and you are covered for up to $200 if the seller fails to deliver or the product is substantially different that what was advertised in the auction.    You can follow this link to work through E Bay......http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html?ssPageName=CMDV:AB

I know you really have the urge to leave a nasty feedback, but for your own protection and to be sure, work the system.

I got my copy of Shelter - S/T from ParadiseNowProductions as well. I had no problems getting the CD. I've found that it does take longer from Canada than overseas most of the times for me as well both sending and receiving. The only time I ever had problems on Ebay was when I was shipping to Canada, something got lost once so I had to send payment again for the item.

Hey, Delber and MButt, thank you for the info-that's a good thing to know.

Here is the news: the seller contacted me yesterday via e-mail . He apologized for the delay saying that he had to deal with " with a email/hacking scam with my web provider (3 months now)"-which is understandable. Shit can happen to all of us.

I promised to hold the feedback till the moment I get the CD. However, if it doesn't arrive for another two weeks-I'm not even going to warn him: I will leave horrible feedback and file a complaint with paypal and e-bay-I think it will be fare.

I'll keep you informed on this situation.

Your,

Ashen.

Hey, Delber and MButt, thank you for the info-that's a good thing to know.

Here is the news: the seller contacted me yesterday via e-mail . He apologized for the delay saying that he had to deal with " with a email/hacking scam with my web provider (3 months now)"-which is understandable. Shit can happen to all of us.

I promised to hold the feedback till the moment I get the CD. However, if it doesn't arrive for another two weeks-I'm not even going to warn him: I will leave horrible feedback and file a complaint with paypal and e-bay-I think it will be fare.

I'll keep you informed on this situation.

Your,

Ashen.

I wouldnt take this for an excuse if I was you - he could have easily contacted you using eBay contact feature, or a web-based e-mail address, or even call you on the phone if he has to. I've heard so many lame excuses on eBay, and so far no one have lived up to their promises, not a single person, go figure!

Plus, if you have paid on December 13-04 and wait another two weeks you will cross the deadline and wont be able to request PayPal refund in my opinion. It is your call though.

I wouldnt leave neg now (you always can do this at a later stage up to 90 days), but definitely would file with PayPal right away.

I wouldnt take this for an excuse if I was you - he could have easily contacted you using eBay contact feature, or a web-based e-mail address, or even call you on the phone if he has to. I've heard so many lame excuses on eBay, and so far no one have lived up to their promises, not a single person, go figure!

Plus, if you have paid on December 13-04 and wait another two weeks you will cross the deadline and wont be able to request PayPal refund in my opinion. It is your call though.

I wouldnt leave neg now (you always can do this at a later stage up to 90 days), but definitely would file with PayPal right away.

Thanks, Stormspell. I'll wait till Wednesday and if I still don't get the item-I'll file with paypal. By the way, can you tell me how it works? I never had to do it before.

Thank you in advance.

To file a complaint with PAYPAL because you haven't received your merchandise, first log into your PAYPAL account. Then, go to the top and click "resolution center".

Look in the options given for "File A Claim" near the top left.............

Follow the prompts and you will be assisted in obtaining your transaction code and asked for details of the transaction.

Finally.........be patient after filing the complaint. Let the system do the work. Don't start e mailing the seller trying to intimidate him since you've filed a complaint. Just remain in a neutral position and BE PATIENT. The seller may contact you about the claim. If so, my suggestion is to courteously tell the seller that when the item arrives, you will certainly notify him it has arrived safely and will promptly cancel the complaint. Finally, thank him for his update!

If he doesn't contact you............just wait and be patient (the hard part).

Hope this helps and good luck!

Delbert

To file a complaint with PAYPAL because you haven't received your merchandise, first log into your PAYPAL account.  Then, go to the top and click "resolution center".

Look in the options given for "File A Claim" near the top left.............

Follow the prompts and you will be assisted in obtaining your transaction code and asked for details of the transaction. 

Finally.........be patient after filing the complaint.  Let the system do the work.  Don't start e mailing the seller trying to intimidate him since you've filed a complaint.  Just remain in a neutral position and BE PATIENT.  The seller may contact you about the claim.  If so, my suggestion is to courteously tell the seller that when the item arrives, you will certainly notify him it has arrived safely and will promptly cancel the complaint.    Finally, thank him for his update!

If he doesn't contact you............just wait and be patient (the hard part). 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Delbert

Thanks, Delbert-I appreciate it. I'll wait till Wednesday and if the item isn't here-I'll do it. I got his e-mail on Thursday, Jan-13-05 where he indicated that item had been shipped. So, Wednesday, Jan-19-05 will be one week which I think is enough for the item to arrive from Canada to the U.S.

Once again, Delbert, your assistance is appreciated.

Ashen.

Guest ViciousRumorsFan

Ashen,

One other thing you can do is simply dig through the sellers feedback. Did other buyers leave negative or positive feedback during the same time of your auctions end? If there was a "hacker" problem with his email, then you obviously wouldnt be the only buyer missing items. There are tons of buyers who are not even as close as patient as you have been, and would have fired of negatives like nobodys business if indeed he was late getting everyones discs mailed out.

Hope your disc gets to you soon!!

VR FAN