'Bout time I introduced myself - My name is Geoff.

Geoff

Hey all,

I know this is very delayed as I have made a millions posts on the comments section of this website and I even posted a bit here when I was at my old job, but I just want to make a formal introduction for the sake of good times.

I've just seen The Man post in the comments section that I am becoming quite the nuisance, and I can see why he might make a comment like that, but I might as well set up camp here and explain myself...

I am aware that I post a lot of comments on a lot of bands and that it might even seem as though I have nothing better to do. But it could not be more to the contrary. I am a huge fan of melodic hard rock and there was once a time when I did little else but listen to the music in question.

These days I have myself a beautiful girlfriend and we are currently in the process of looking for a place to live together, and if we're not looking for that we're up to something. I love to surf too and spend a lot of my spare time in the ocean and every now and then the day winds down, or I have a spare moment after work, or during lunch sometimes and I like to post a comment or two... or a dozen. I'm not doing it to annoy anyone, just to share my opinion on the music I love.

I mean no offence by my comments and actually feel bad when a band aquaintance or member reads a bad comment, but I'm just here to offer my honest views - good or bad - on each CD I am familiar with, as I still enjoy the act of putting in my view here and there.

As I said, I don't mean offence to anyone and I'm sorry if my posts get a little too much at times, but they're only made when I have a spare moment or two and are not meant to cause offence, but just actually trying to assist / help people out if they're wondering about a particular CD.

I am no AOR Freaky or Propane or the like. If you have problems with me, or my opinions or anything I will be more than happy to address them here on the massage boards, or at my email address: ihaveteeth@hotmail.com

NOT g.wols@ponl.com as it might come up in my ID. This was the address for my old job which I left last year.

Anyway, any questions feel free to shoot. As I say, I know I'm not a new member but a lot of you guys and gals here seem cool and friendly, so just wanted to say a hello to all... and there's a bit of my story.

Cheers, :drink:

Geoff

From Australia

ihaveteeth@hotmail.com

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Geoff. Welcome to HH. I saw "The Man's" post towards you and started wondering wtf is that guys problem? It appears he's from Australia also so maybe it's a buddy of your's giving you a hard time? :lol: I for one thought you had some pretty good posts on several bands that I have been on the fence regarding whether they are worth getting or not so no complaints here.

Hi Geoff - Fire away with the comments, that's what we are here for. You give some good insight into stuff that i have never heard before, without getting personal, which some other people do/used to do. We are all here for the same reasons, to share our knowledge (or lack of it :D) on certain discs we love or hate, simple really. Keep up the good work :):):)

we on this board have been guilty in the past of "bashing" new posters for posting so much in the comment section. We go to the "new comment" section and see one person all down the page and we have lost it in the past. calling them names, getting upset with them for posting so much. I hope that is in the past. we all had a discussion in another post and we all posted like a mad man or woman when we found the site. We just wanted to give our views on the bands and cd we knew about. I have said it before and I will say it again now, when i found the baord i went bezerk and posted like crazy in the comment section. lucky for me that was before you could see the newest comments or i would have been on the "evil" list.

What I'm saying is post away and if anyone takes offence that is their problem, not your's my friend. That is why the site exist and if people get upset with that then they need to look at themselves to see why that gets under their skin.

we on this board have been guilty in the past of "bashing" new posters for posting so much in the comment section. We go to the "new comment" section and see one person all down the page and we have lost it in the past. calling them names, getting upset with them for posting so much. I hope that is in the past. we all had a discussion in another post and we all posted like a mad man or woman when we found the site. We just wanted to give our views on the bands and cd we knew about. I have said it before and I will say it again now, when i found the baord i went bezerk and posted like crazy in the comment section. lucky for me that was before you could see the newest comments or i would have been on the "evil" list.

What I'm saying is post away and if anyone takes offence that is their problem, not your's my friend. That is why the site exist and if people get upset with that then they need to look at themselves to see why that gets under their skin.

Am I missing something here?

From best I could tell, someone took offense to Geoff's comments for Madame X, and posted a nasty response (which I deleted earlier today). That sort of thing can be expected when a person puts up a strongly negative comment about a CD ; there's always gonna be someone out there offended by it. I've not seen anyone dissing Geoff for the amount of posts that he makes... :blink:

i guess it was my fault for misunderstanding what the comment was.

Geoff was talking about how he sometimes makes bulk post because he dosn't have time most of the time and he gets in what he can. I thought that someone commented about his bulk posting.

"The Man post in the comments section that I am becoming quite the nuisance"

so that is where i misunderstood. I never saw the comment, just tried to put 2 + 2 together and i guess i came up with 5 this time

i guess it was my fault for misunderstanding what the comment was.

Geoff was talking about how he sometimes makes bulk post because he dosn't have time most of  the time and he gets in what he can. I thought that someone commented about his bulk posting.

"The Man post in the comments section that I am becoming quite the nuisance"

so that is where i misunderstood. I never saw the comment, just tried to put 2 + 2 together and i guess i came up with 5 this time

Wait 2+2 isn't 5? :blink:

No wonder I suck at my job!

Thanks for the comments guys and gals. Glad to see I'm not stepping on the toes of the civil people around here. I must say, I did take the comment by Mr Man as a reference to my posting too much / and perhaps me posting the negative as well as positive.

I forget what he said, but something about me becoming and "Online nuisance, a pest". I'm not sure if he was referring solely to the Madame X comment or to my comments in general.

Oh well, either way not too phased, and glad to see that there are hopefully not too many others with similar thoughts.

See you all (or your typed words) around!

Geoff

I must say, I did take the comment by Mr Man as a reference to my posting too much / and perhaps me posting the negative as well as positive.

Geoff

don't worry about the few who might get twisted out of shape. Most everyone here is pretty cool.

Edited by 66 mustang

"The Man's" comment in the Madame X comments said something to the effect of ..

"Geoff, you've become quite the internet dickhead haven't you"

Now, of course, it was that "dickhead" part that got the comment deleted, and since it followed Geoff's slagging of the Madame X disc, I took it to be in response to that in particular..."The Man" may have meant it as a blanketing sort of comment, but I didn't see it that way in the manner it was presented....

Welcome Geoff!

And remember, there's nothing wrong with posting alot. :)

Welcome Geoff!

And remember, there's nothing wrong with posting alot. :)

Welcome Geoff!

And remember, there's nothing wrong with ...

Okay, I think you get it. :lol:

Don't think I stopped in to offer my condolences on your joining us here.

LOL

Seriously, welcome and hope you have as much fun here as we all have been having since we showed up.

:drink:

Thanks guys and gals... to those who posted here, think I've seen many of your posts in passing, maybe commented here and there and everyone here seems a nice chap, lady, camel, walrus or feline etc.

Anyway, I best be off and just for something new, maybe post a comment or two...

Geoff

• 1 year later...

Yea, whatever happened to this "Geoff" guy anyway?? :blink: