where do you buy your cd's?

I want to know what's the best aor/metal shop in the world(not only on the web).

Used cds too,prices,extension,back catalogue,out of print editions,reissues etc...

Tell me something of your prefered shops.

If you come in Italy go to Markuee in Milano.The best in my country,but no low prices(no less than 12 euros).They often put used cds in the news(out of print) zone.Not very honest,but i found in PREFECT conditions:Wired up(Paris),Out of the silence(Dare),Tim Karr,Sheriff,Alias,Meanstreak,Time will tell(F.Angel) and more...

My 2 favorite shops at the moment:

HANGLOOSE - They have a lot of stuff and are very aware of the genres in general...Only problem 'bout Hangloose is that they sometimes take a looooong time getting your CDs shipped

SCHMANKERL - They do not represent as many artists and complete collections as Hangloose but they're lightning quick on shipping and their packaging service is perfect.

Great offers there from time to time...

I'm a big fan of NEH Records... super quick shipping (they're a US company) and decent prices.

NEH Records

I use them alot also Christine.

I also look for used CDs on Amazon, Half.com.

Plus if its mainstream I have a friend who owns a record store. So he gets anything in that sense for me.

HANGLOOSE - They have a lot of stuff and are very aware of the genres in general...Only problem 'bout Hangloose is that they sometimes take a looooong time getting your CDs shipped

Haha, tell me about it! I have set a trade with Jurgen [one of the hangloose co-owners] more than 2 months ago and still waiting to hearing on the final details from him :angry: and he was the one who hunted me down on the trade, so go figure...

:lol: I remember them!!! You had to translate for me back when I was trying to track down that Tour De Force......remember??? :lol:

Haha, tell me about it! I have set a trade with Jurgen [one of the hangloose co-owners] more than 2 months ago and still waiting to hearing on the final details from him :angry: and he was the one who hunted me down on the trade, so go figure...

Haha - I've experienced the same a couple of times...They have a "tendency" to sell a lot of stuff they don't really have in stock anymore...So they have to track it down first which we all know can take time!! :wacko:

But, on the other hand, when they finally get it back in stock they're very polite and gives you top service...I still think it's a reliable site although you might have to wait some time <_<

:lol: I remember them!!! You had to translate for me back when I was trying to track down that Tour De Force......remember??? :lol:

Yeah!! You're right..What a memory!! Does that come with age??? :crazy:

Yeah!! You're right..What a memory!! Does that come with age??? :crazy:

You have to speak louder. Hearing goes with age.

He said does that come with age.

Whatchu talkin' bout????  I'm only 61!!!!  :P

MJ, you got the numbers all mixed up again...But as a true friend I fixed it for ya, girl! :lol:

I do most of my buying on eBay

Yup....me too. There or Amazon.com.

www.CDBaby.com is a great site too!!

MJ only likes CDBaby because of thier we have shipped message about sealing the CD in a good box and marching it in a parade to the post office and all that other crap they say.

You see she believes they really do that.

I do most of my buying on eBay

Yup....me too. There or Amazon.com.

www.CDBaby.com is a great site too!!

MJ only likes CDBaby because of thier we have shipped message about sealing the CD in a good box and marching it in a parade to the post office and all that other crap they say.

You see she believes they really do that.

:o They really DON'T do that ............ just for ME???????????????

Damn.......next thing you know you'll be tellin' me there's no Santa Claus!!! :crying:

Hangloose used to be one of my all-time favorite places, but I haven't purchased a CD from them in years... The answer lies in the aforementioned responses.

I'm sure you all going hunting in your local used record stores (Wherehouse Records is GREAT), but do yourselves a favor and check every pawn shop in town. I cannot begin to tell you how many truly awesome and rare CD's I've pulled out of those places for under $5.00.

GEMM.com is another great place to start a search, and Ebay is, of course, the Holy Grail.

My buddies PJ and Lonnie (Londog) are great sources if you're looking for a truly rare disc. PJ has the biggest operating network of traders in the world, and Lonnie has bailed me out on more than one occassion.

Most of all, don't be afraid to ask... Someone out there has exactly what you're looking for.

Guest ViciousRumorsFan

Pawn shops are great, but majority of the time CDs in pawn shops are pretty damn beat up..very seldom have I ever been able to pull a disc in somewhat decent condition..

• 1 month later...
Guest metal 2 metal
Pawn shops are great, but majority of the time CDs in pawn shops are pretty damn beat up..very seldom have I ever been able to pull a disc in somewhat decent condition..

Ebay, ImpulseMusic.com, Pawn shops, R.A.M.Music.com. Just to name a few. :usa:

By the way, Dont pass up the horrible cds at pawn shops. Provided they are not really dicked up you can have them buffed. I always offer the pawn shops a buck for scratched cds and have had them buffed to new condition. There is a cd shop in Charlotte (repo records) that will buff them. Its a few bucks and well worth it! They cant do wonders but can improve most. :banana: