Favorite Kiss w/out make-up album

Favorite Kiss w/out make-up album  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just sitting here going through some stuff and came across these and just was wondering what people thought. I like Lick It Up alot and Hot In The Shade also. But I think Revenge was the best since I feel it went back to hard Kiss. The others to me just had scattered good songs and bad songs.

Just wondering what others thought?

Ok you can go back to what you were doing. :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sitting here going through some stuff and came across these and just was wondering what people thought. I like Lick It Up alot and Hot In The Shade also. But I think Revenge was the best since I feel it went back to hard Kiss. The others to me just had scattered good songs and bad songs.

Just wondering what others thought?

Ok you can go back to what you were doing.  :D

I really liked Revenge, but I voted for Asylum... brings back a lot of great memories! :lol:

I'll go with "Lick It Up"...for me, this was the best thing they did out from under the make-up. "Lick It Up", "All Hell's Breaking Loose","And on the 8th Day","Exciter", and "Not For the Innocent" all RAWK! Their "Crazy Nights" release would be second for me I s'pose..... :banger:

I liked some of Crazy Nights but it had too many keyboards for me for Kiss. Plus I didn't like Ron Nevison producing it. I thought Lick It Up did have some great tunes on it. I guess it would be my second favorite. Actually on Crazy Nights I still remember cutting school that day just to go and buy it.

I side with the majority (judging from the poll results) on this one...the best KISS sans makeup album is "Revenge," with "Hot in the Shade" a close runner-up. "Revenge" is just such a classic...how can you go wrong with the CD that has the monster metal anthem "Unholy" on it? Not only do I consider "Revenge" the best non-makeup KISS album, I consider is the best KISS album, period! :banger:

OK, I'm going back to what I was doing now. :) As always, just my two cents' worth.

Keep the faith.

Mark

Anything they did after removing the make up is better than the make up days!

Carr & Kulick were far superior to Criss & Frehley!

I wouldn't say far superior in great songs. Even though they did have some great songs after make-up. But yes Carr and Kulick were 100 times better musically! But then these two always made the old songs sound better.

Point One

Great musicians do not necessarily mean better songs.

Point Two

Bruce Kulick may have been more technically proficient, but he is a cookie cutter guitarist. Nothing is unique. Ace Frehley has a distinctive sound, even if part of that sound is missed notes and pentatonic scales.

Point Three

Peter Criss gets knocked for being a crappy drummer, but he created some very interesting beats that were actually integral parts of some songs. Listen to "Detroit Rock City" and "Goin' Blind".

Point Four

KISS with make-up was cool. KISS without make-up was just like every other lite metal band in the 80s.

BTW, I picked Crazy Nights which I like just slightly better than Revenge. But my faves are still the 70s albums...

Today it's Crazy Nights, but I like all of their non make-up stuff. Revenge is very good too. I like non make-up better than the make-up days. And Bruce is the best guitarplayer Kiss had. They should get rid of Tommy Thayer, get back Bruce take that make-up off and kick ass. I think that Kiss today is a very sad attempt to relive the glory days

Point One

Point Two

Bruce Kulick may have been more technically proficient, but he is a cookie cutter guitarist. Nothing is unique. Ace Frehley has a distinctive sound, even if part of that sound is missed notes and pentatonic scales.

Point Three

Peter Criss gets knocked for being a crappy drummer, but he created some very interesting beats that were actually integral parts of some songs. Listen to "Detroit Rock City" and "Goin' Blind".

Point Four

KISS with make-up was cool. KISS without make-up was just like every other lite metal band in the 80s.

BTW, I picked Crazy Nights which I like just slightly better than Revenge. But my faves are still the 70s albums...

Point five:

Only America gave a damn about them (with some interest in Australia & Japan) when they wore make-up, but when they took it off they gained a massive world wide audience!

Crazy Nights is probably their biggest selling album worldwide!

Point One

Point Two

Point Three

Point Four

Point five:

Only America gave a damn about them (with some interest in Australia & Japan) when they wore make-up, but when they took it off they gained a massive world wide audience!

Your 'Point Five' is not true......

KISS were HUGE in Japan and Australia when they had makeup. Where'd you get that notion from, Captain?

Lick It Up

Animalise

Revenge

Crazy Nights

Asylum

Hot In The Shite

Rated how I like Em :fun_84:

Point One

Point Two

Point Three

Point Four

Point five:

Check their album sales in the 70s for Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan and England and I'll bet you'll be surprised. I guarantee they sold more albums than Boxcar Willy and Zamfir combined! :headbanger:

Check their album sales in the 70s for Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan and England and I'll bet you'll be surprised. I guarantee they sold more albums than Boxcar Willy and Zamfir combined!  :headbanger:

Yeah, but nobody, I say NOBODY rocks harder than Zamfir! :banana:

Check their album sales in the 70s for Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan and England and I'll bet you'll be surprised. I guarantee they sold more albums than Boxcar Willy and Zamfir combined!  :headbanger:

Yeah, but nobody, I say NOBODY rocks harder than Zamfir! :banana:

I don't know man....I've got some Slim Whitman & Yanni CDs that I'll throw up against Zamfir any day of the week! Rock on! :banger::banger::headbanger:

I don't know man....I've got some Slim Whitman & Yanni CDs that I'll throw up against Zamfir any day of the week! Rock on! :banger:  :banger:  :headbanger:

Hey man, is that Freedom Rock?!?

Turn it up!!! :usa: