metal mayhem

well i ordered king kobra 111 for $40 & got king kobras motor city strike & its a cdr iam not paying $40 for a cdr i hope they respond to my email soon

it has all been sorted out ryan has made a honest mistake it does happen iam just sorry i went all guns blazing at him iam one big DICKHEAD

Yes he is a good and honest dealer. I just think that his shipping is a bit high for 1st class shipping.

yet again metal mayhem have tried to con me now they have sent me KING KOBRA= THE LOST YEARS instead of KING KOBRA=111 now iam very suspicious now i wait for there reply...

yet again metal mayhem have tried to con me now they have sent me KING KOBRA= THE LOST YEARS instead of KING KOBRA=111 now iam very suspicious now i wait for there reply...

I believe his eBay registration recently expired, wonder if you werent the only conned customer...

ViciousRumorsFan...

Well stated man... while the circumstances surrounding Metal Mayhem's hiatus from eBay are unknown to me, you do make a great point about being sick of eBay related BS. I had to spend the last 4 months, appealing an impotent/invalid decision by eBay to indefintely suspend both my accounts... their reasons were bogus, and unfounded. Yet... after dozens of emails, faxes, phonecalls, formal letters, legal documentation, even valid threats of legal action (I had a solid case)... my accounts were finally reinstated. Power corrupts... and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. eBay is in an absolute position of power. They have a monopoly over the online auction market. eBay has virutally no competition... hence, they show little if any regard to the individual.

Cheers,

PJ

"Love is like a fire.... it can either warm your heart... or burn your entire house down". ;)

i never buy from ebay EVER i bought from his main catalogue so there was no ebay bullshit just plain incompetence he had the cheek to say hes got the cd but sent the wrong disc again

i never buy from ebay EVER i bought from his main catalogue so there was no ebay bullshit just plain incompetence he had the cheek to say hes got the cd but sent the wrong disc again

That's very unfortunate, and I hope you get things staraightned out, but I can tell you this, Ryan, himself, is a very honest and trustworthy guy. I caanot speak for those he has working with (for) him. I do know it takes a lot longer for emails to be returned, and it's not Ryan who does finally return them anymore. There was a time I would call Ryan at his home and talk about CD's... Now he has a child (children?) and things change. However, his number is still listed on his website, so I suggest you call him... What happened to you (twice now?) is NOT right.

Just my two cents for whatever that's worth (two cents, I guess)?

i got a refund from metal mayhem but iam to suspicious to buy from them again the quality of his cds is not in question but his staff is

Guest ViciousRumorsFan

As I stated earlier, and as PJ said, ebay can be ugly. Buyers on ebay can be very vicious and ruthless, and VERY hard to deal with. Many times I have considered dropping my ebay sales because it was more hassle than what it was worth. Ryan at Metal Mayhem is a straight forward guy, and if I had every dollar back Ive spent with him, id could retire ;)

Never a bad transaction, never a hassle. Sorry if any of you have had a problem with him. That just seems out of character..

Keep your eyes peeled for the Vicious Rumors DVD to be released guys, its gonna be killer!!

Folks... let's step outside of this 15", 17", whatever inch screen for a minute and look at the world around us. If it's customer service you're in, guess what... the customer is always RIGHT! And that puts us as sellers in distant second, somewhere between a pandering kiss-ass and a pissed off babysitter. It doesn't matter what level of business you're in, online CDs or inline skates, it's the nature of the beast. And it boils down to whether or not you're cut out for the customer service industry. Some are, many are not. Ebay is business like any other, and I think many feel that somehow it is supposed to be immune from all the "real world" bullsh*t, but it clearly is not.

I believe that my many years as a CSO at National Car Rental have translated to better dealings in the online economy. And I don't forget these roots when I operate my endangeredcds company. A company isn't as much the products you sell (or where you get them) but how you sell them and what you do to back them up, service-wise.

Selection. Price. Service. The three key elements to running your own business.

koogles Trump

;)

And one more thing. About Metal Mayhem, hell.. it's anybody's guess why he's singin' the NARU blues. The way eBay works, maybe his brother's ex-girlfriend's second cousin's neice's godfather got kicked off eBay and they traced it back to him and suspended his sorry ass. Ebay works in MYSTERIOUS ways, as PJ pointed out.

koogles

Tony,

My dear old friend... just one small correction... "Company"... doesn't that relate to a registered business? hehehehhehehe. ;) I'm just fu**in' with ya champ.

Thought I'd toss a bit o'friendly fire your way, hehehe.

PJ

Sheer speculation on my part, but the DVDs (Rox Diamond, etc.) that MM was selling were bootlegs, most likely mastered from Japanese laserdisc. It's possible that one of the rightsholders said "enough!" and got him booted.

That's one thing I've never understood - he has a legitimate catalog, yet he sells bootlegs with the same Ebay userID. That's just asking for trouble... :(

-Dan

Guest ViciousRumorsFan

Dan,

Good call..I often shook my head at the DVDs he had to offer, knowing they were not legit..

If I were a betting man, thats exactly where Id put my 10 pennies..

VR fan