Nelson

66 mustang

I was watching VH1's least "metal" moments and Nelson was on there. You know, i have been thinking that Nelson lumped into metal/hard rock was just wrong. They were much more of an AOR act with more in common with Richard Marx than Skid Row except the hair. It is so unfair to call Nelson a hard rock band and i think that is where they get the crap thrown their way.

I think they did get a bad rap. I think they were more AOR but didn't mind them being in the hair category. I did see them in concert one year with E'Nuff Z'Nuff opening for them. Nelson was great in concert. A good band but I don't think got enough credit.

Love the first album. I agree about not enough credit. Really enjoyed their first three album to be honest

The first album is in my top 20 favorite of all time. It was just awesome. Because They Can grew on me and I like it now and I thought Imaginator was a good one also. After that they had some good songs and some bad. But you can't beat the early albums.

did anyone see the Least Metal Moments? They were talking about Ted Nugent and Damn Yankees and called the song High Enough "air supply" and said that nothing about Damn Yankees "rocked"

I watched it today but thought it was pretty boring. 80's rock bands will never get any respect. I am looking forward to seeing Vixen on Bands Reunited though.

Another disappointment today was seeing an Alice In Chains video on VH1 Classic. That channel also has a new block of videos of "120 Minutes" type bands. :puke:

Nelson was great in concert.

I saw Nelson for the first time this year back in May. They put on a phenomenal show! Just them and their acoustics. It was great (and I would love to see them do the same thing for a longer period of time in a small club or something.)

People with a Beavis & Butthead complex will tend to put down Nelson as the worst thing to come out of music. VH1 critics have a different mindset than the rest of us do. Their first album absolutely rocked (in my top 20 also), with the production and harmony of the instruments and vocals being top-notch, similar to Metallica's Black Album. I disagree though that they had more in common with Richard Marx than Skid Row. True, they may have been on the lighter side of hair-metal, but they followed the same pop-metal formula that Skid Row (ST) did. I'm not too famliar with Nelson's sophmore and later albums, so maybe they were more AOR from "that" point onwards, but their debut was definitely as hair-metal-ly as any hair-metal band was at the time.

I have and like the first 2 albums they released. But if I'm listening to Nelson while in the car I turn it down low and roll up the windows :ninja:

I have and like the first 2 albums they released.  But if I'm listening to Nelson while in the car I turn it down low and roll up the windows :ninja:

Too funny!!! :lol:

I tried to like them........I really did.......but I just don't. :(

• 1 month later...

Nelson is coming back to Ohio in January or February (Cleveland, I think.)

I'm seriously debating going to this show because they were GREAT this past May. Just gotta find the date and money and hope nothing's going on.

NELSON had their share of hits...Soft but good! I think the quality dived drastically with each new album they released...

The debut is still a classic though!!! Anybody remember the video clip with the angry father and the son weeping in bed?? Great video!

I also love the first album. I get teased about having anytime it comes up in discussion in my house, but I still think it's very good. Plus their drummer was Bobby Rock who :band: played for Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Don't try to tell me they can't rock.

Didn't they used to date a couple of the boys from Hansen? :flame:

No, it was Kelly Family :banana:

• 5 years later...