Ebayer: Thomas Kerlyn / CharlotteCountyCollectible

It may have been a while ago that I was ripped of by this loser, but being new to this board I thought I'd post my experience:

Thomas Kerlyn / CharlotteCountyCollectibles

Does anybody know this fu*cker?

He ripped me off about $US150 on ebay.

At the same time he ripped off about 6-7 other people because when I became suspicious I contacted a few of his other recent customers all of whom also were scammed.

At the time he had really good feedback, but suddenly went bad. Charlottecountycollectibles is no longer on ebay, but I alwasy keep an eye out.

I paid him for both original heart throb mob cds + pbf - bullets and

lipstick cd. I never received the cds and he never replied to emails.

Thomas Kerlyn

Port Charlotte, FL

(941) 613-1652

Ebay name: charlottecountycollectibles

If anyone has a spare thirty cents, ring

the above number at 3am in the morning and give him a mouthful for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Kerlyn's user id on ebay is pinksleazycloudz . hope that is of some help!

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth-I did win a couple of cds from that seller and while i did recieve the cds they were both burned cdrs without a label or even labeled with a marker as to what they were. It was a Hearththrob Mob cdr and a Lovemaker cdr for about 12.00 total. At the time i was just glad to obtain copies of the music so i said screw it and left it at that.

• 1 month later...

He won several of my auctions and paid via bidpay. no problem with this transaction with him. If there is any question with him, I would just hold his stuff until paid. Also, when sending him money, make sure it is traceable.

It may have been a while ago that I was ripped of by this loser, but being new to this board I thought I'd post my experience:

Thomas Kerlyn / CharlotteCountyCollectibles

Does anybody know this fu*cker?

He ripped me off about $US150 on ebay.

At the same time he ripped off about 6-7 other people because when I became suspicious I contacted a few of his other recent customers all of whom also were scammed.

At the time he had really good feedback, but suddenly went bad. Charlottecountycollectibles is no longer on ebay, but I alwasy keep an eye out.

I paid him for both original heart throb mob cds + pbf - bullets and

lipstick cd. I never received the cds and he never replied to emails.

Thomas Kerlyn

Port Charlotte, FL

(941) 613-1652

Ebay name: charlottecountycollectibles

If anyone has a spare thirty cents, ring

the above number at 3am in the morning and give him a mouthful for me.

When I originally bid he had 150++ positives at about 98% and then he screwed a heap of people at once under the name 'charlottecountycollectibles'.

I know... I was screwed and I contact all his other bidders at the time and they were screwed aswell

Probably needed a quick fix of $$$ so used ebay to do it.

I think his plan was to build up a decent reputation with some good feedback and then rip hundreds m aybe thousands of dollars from people before disapprearing and starting a new account.

He may have a new name with some good feedback, but as they say an old dog doesn't change his tricks!

When I originally bid he had 150++ positives at about 98% and then he screwed a heap of people at once under the name 'charlottecountycollectibles'.

I know... I was screwed and I contact all his other bidders at the time and they were screwed aswell

I think his plan was to build up a decent reputation with some good feedback and then rip hundreds m aybe thousands of dollars from people before disapprearing and starting a new account.

He may have a new name with some good feedback, but as they say an old dog doesn't change his tricks!

Well just to update everyone......I got comfirmation that his money order was approved via Bidpay, so looks like i lucked out......Now he has bid on one of my ebay auctions, and i am cringing now........All i can do is hope for the best.......

Later

Lon

He has just paid me for 3 different auctions/orders, so on my end things have worked out as well. I guess it is always smart to be careful.

Well just to update everyone......I got comfirmation that his money order was approved via Bidpay, so looks like i lucked out......Now he has bid on one of my ebay auctions, and i am cringing now........All i can do is hope for the best.......

Later

Lon

• 1 month later...

Looks like he has another account.........and he moved to the UK :) Keep track of this idiot. Looks like he is starting over again......... -_-

Later

JL

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...-1&frompage=222

What do you mean by charge back?

Thanks

JL'

He uses CC when paying through paypal and then disputes with his CC company. I assume he's account is unconfirmed, so the seller does not have protection, and paypal automatically withdraws the funds from the seller's account and handles them back to the buyer's CC company...

To add insult to the injury, in such occurence PayPal also charges the seller additional $10 penalty fee for the hassle :)

"Purplesleazycloudz" to "pinkfluffycloudz"...

sounds too similar to think it's not the same seller.

I think he'd have more accounts too as thepurplesleazycloudz account only has a history of buying, but I know for a fact that he was a seller aswell.

Might check out his bididng and buying history and see if I can find anything.

Looks like he has another account.........and he moved to the UK :) Keep track of this idiot. Looks like he is starting over again......... -_-

Later

JL

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...-1&frompage=222

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this one back to the top so everyone can read about Mr. Kerlyn.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn. :angry:

I knew his name looked familiar. Well, count me as one of the suckers who paid for a cd from him. I paid $30 for Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse over a month ago.

His seller name this time was Glamourbubble. Here's his complete address:

Thomas Kerlyn

1331 Beacon Drive

Port Charlotte, Florida 33952

I complained to Paypal about him and won the complaint. Unfortunetly, he only had $5 left in his account, so that was all Paypal was able to refund me. What a crock of shit. I thought if you paid for buyer protection, you were supposed to be refunded the whole amount.

Anyway, I'm going back to Paypal to complain some more and let them know that he has used many different user accounts so maybe I can get my money back from one of them.....

Can't someone over there in the US report this fcuker to the cops...?

I would but as if they're going to listen to someone down here in Australia.

I would however contribute my experience to any dirt against him.

It just seems too easy that someone can continually do this again and again and not face any consequences. Otherwise send out the lynch mob and burn him alive I say. :axe:

Damn. :angry:

I knew his name looked familiar. Well, count me as one of the suckers who paid for a cd from him. I paid $30 for Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse over a month ago.

His seller name this time was Glamourbubble. Here's his complete address:

Thomas Kerlyn

1331 Beacon Drive

Port Charlotte, Florida 33952

I complained to Paypal about him and won the complaint. Unfortunetly, he only had $5 left in his account, so that was all Paypal was able to refund me. What a crock of shit. I thought if you paid for buyer protection, you were supposed to be refunded the whole amount.

Anyway, I'm going back to Paypal to complain some more and let them know that he has used many different user accounts so maybe I can get my money back from one of them.....

Yeah, this asshole was selling a lot of stuff last month, lots of Smashed Gladys CDs and rare soundtracks. I bought a Concrete Jungle for $75 buy it now then realized who he was after the fact and was able to get out of it (surprisingly he let me out of it with no problems). The next day his ID was banned. Sorry you got screwed by this waste of skin.

Alarm bells should have been ringing immediately when you saw Concrete Jungle at $75. I say this because:

a) it looks cheap, however if the person DID NOT KNOW the value of the cd then they would have listed it at $10-15, not $75.

B) however, if they DID KNOW it was a valuable cd then they would be cheating themselves out of quite a bit of money selloing it for $75.

I just searched through his feedback and he is definitely a dodgey bastard because he had a positive rating of only about 28 after hundereds of transactions, even thouhg he had only a couple of negatives. It just doesn't add up. This seemed hard to believe,... so looking at items he has bid on he has literally bid on hundreds of auctions by the same seller (Kmak333). All cheapie cd for under $1. He has brought too many cds from this person to even contemplate listening to. They also range from hard rock to allsaints so there is no linking theme to the purchases he makes.

This leads me to a theory...

Thomas arse-licker Kerlyn is actually a dealer, or runs a store of some kind. He rips people off by selling a few 'pricey' items and then spends all these funds on cheapie cds to stock up his store. There is no other reasons you would be buying hundreds of unrelated cds like he is.... for any other reason but to re-sell.

Yeah, bells and whistles should have gone off but they took a minute or two to kick in and I had bought it by then. Luckily I realized what I had done like 2 minutes after I bought it (that's when they went off) and I immediately contacted the seller and told them I wasn't paying unless they took paypal and he let me off the hook. I would't have even paid then, I was prepared to take the negative feedback and go on with my life.

Alarm bells should have been ringing immediately when you saw Concrete Jungle at $75. I say this because:

a) it looks cheap, however if the person DID NOT KNOW the value of the cd then they would have listed it at $10-15, not $75.

B) however, if they DID KNOW it was a valuable cd then they would be cheating themselves out of quite a bit of money selloing it for $75.

I just searched through his feedback and he is definitely a dodgey bastard because he had a positive rating of only about 28 after hundereds of transactions, even thouhg he had only a couple of negatives. It just doesn't add up. This seemed hard to believe,... so looking at items he has bid on he has literally bid on hundreds of auctions by the same seller (Kmak333). All cheapie cd for under $1. He has brought too many cds from this person to even contemplate listening to. They also range from hard rock to allsaints so there is no linking theme to the purchases he makes.

Thomas arse-licker Kerlyn is actually a dealer, or runs a store of some kind. He rips people off by selling a few 'pricey' items and then spends all these funds on cheapie cds to stock up his store. There is no other reasons you would be buying hundreds of unrelated cds like he is.... for any other reason but to re-sell.

Bidding doesnt mean he's buying, he could be a shill-bidder. If you want to see a good example of shill-bidder, go check "obsidian-blade" feedback :)

Pretty sure he wasn;t involved in shill bidding becasue 3/4 of the auctions I looked at he was the first and only bidder. There were no other bids to be trying to push up.

theoretically this happens sometimes, shill-bidding people cannot know if there would be a late snipper snatching their item for cents, so they usually place an early bid to some desired maximum and hope someone will outbid them. But he may not be, I'm just guessing, I havetn even checked his feedback