TOURIS CD's on Ebay Are Boots! "Big Plans"

Guest rnrfun

These are supposedly new still in shrinkwrap CD's... Well, they are in shrinkwrap, but not originals... I had the original in not so very condition, and these aren't the same, print on disc is obviously different when comparing them (old original with new)...

These are supposedly new still in shrinkwrap CD's...  Well, they are in shrinkwrap, but not originals...  I had the original in not so very condition, and these aren't the same, print on disc is obviously different when comparing them (old original with new)...

What was the name of the Ebay seller?

What was the name of the Ebay seller?

Jimbo, I believe that this is the person rnrfun is referring to:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsa...osortpropertyZ1

This makes the 3rd or 4th copy of each CD that this seller has sold in the last 30 days....doesn't necessarily make 'em boots, but it is strange that all these CDs from a New York area band wound up in Vegas.... :blink:

Anyone out there have some more insight into these?

Hmmm... seems a little strange. Check out the feedback - all of a sudden, this seller from LAS VEGAS without much bidding action is selling HTF cd's after selling a radiator hose. <_<

Coinky-dink? Maybe... :blink:

Hi All, I was one of the folks who won one of the touris cd's from the seller on ebay. I have not paid for it yet, but plan on paying tomorrow. I was curious myself as to the authenticity of this disc, but I noticed in the sellers feedback metal mayhem left pos feedback, so I will just call Ryan at metal mayhem and make sure this is on the up & up. but ryan would not have left pos feedback if he had suspected a fraud. I am not defending the seller, just stating what I see on the feedback. will give an update with what I find out. thanks!

Hmmm... seems a little strange.  Check out the feedback - all of a sudden, this seller from LAS VEGAS without much bidding action is selling HTF cd's after selling a radiator hose. <_<

Coinky-dink?  Maybe...  :blink:

Hi All, I was one of the folks who won one of the touris cd's from the seller on ebay. I have not paid for it yet, but plan on paying tomorrow. I was curious myself as to the authenticity of this disc, but I noticed in the sellers feedback metal mayhem left pos feedback, so I will just call Ryan at metal mayhem and make sure this is on the up & up. but ryan would not have left pos feedback if he had suspected a fraud. I am not defending the seller, just stating what I see on the feedback. will give an update with what I find out. thanks!

Mike, definitely keep us posted! You know how much we all love a good controversy around here... :P

Well, I don't know if Ryan has opened it or what? Or maybe he didn't have an original to compare it to...? *BUT* I can tell you that I have seen an opened one from this seller, and it's a boot, unless the one I owned from around 1995 or 1996 is a boot, whcih I highly doubt... Not to mention, this seller claims to have gotten many CD's from from a "Vending" show (notorious for boots, especially if all of a sudden there are many of a real rare CD that the band doesn't even have no more)... What are the chances of a bunch of unopened Touris CD's ending up in Las Vegas, at a vending show? Not to mention if he got so much music why is he only selling Touris CD's and that's it, nothing else, and previous feedback that doesn't have to do with music/CD's...! :banana:

Hmmm... seems a little strange.  Check out the feedback - all of a sudden, this seller from LAS VEGAS without much bidding action is selling HTF cd's after selling a radiator hose. <_<

Coinky-dink?  Maybe...  :blink:

haha....the conspiracy police are out in full force!!! Because you can only actually go back to the sellers last four transactions or so and look and see what they sold prior....how can you make such a statement that 'is selling HTF cd's after selling a radiator hose.'...?? Otherwise, you have no idea what the seller sold prior to that......

*shrugs*

I don't know if the seller is selling legit cds or not.....but isn't always interesting when someone who only has had NO posts prior on this board comes on here and starts shouting 'bootlegs'....!!! LOL

Didn't we already do this once before?? Is this Deja Vu???.....or is it just a 'coinky dinky'.....

;)

Well, I don't know if Ryan has opened it or what?  Or maybe he didn't have an original to compare it to...?  *BUT* I can tell you that I have seen an opened one from this seller, and it's a boot, unless the one I owned from around 1995 or 1996 is a boot, whcih I highly doubt...  Not to mention, this seller claims to have gotten many CD's from from a "Vending" show (notorious for boots, especially if all of a sudden there are many of a real rare CD that the band doesn't even have no more)...  What are the chances of a bunch of unopened Touris CD's ending up in Las Vegas, at a vending show?  Not to mention if he got so much music why is he only selling Touris CD's and that's it, nothing else, and previous feedback that doesn't have to do with music/CD's...!  :banana:

rnrfun,

I just placed a call to ryan, and emailed him as well, I know he just bought one from a different source than the guy on ebay, so yes he has some comparison available to him, I am not defending this guy either, but I also don't see the need to start looking for the "other guy" who shot kennedy like you seem to be doing, when your only proof is he has "extras" to sell and they are sealed??. I personally deal with some bands and get multiple copies of these so called rarities, but they are legit. bands often have extras around, or you can find several in a box from a seller who went out of business, or just put them aside, or whatever. the seller in question did tell me he only had 6 copies, this is not unheard of. I know folks who have stumbled across 5-10 copies of the big rarities, sealed, but lost to the world, until they discovered them. also, I have seen copies of cd's by bands in L.A. turn up in NY, or even farther away, like england. these bands were sending cd's all over the place when they were trying to make it, so it is no mystery to me that they would turn up anywhere. for example, by brother found a mint copy of FRICTION -BABY TALK in a small used cd store in colorado, the band is from Pennsylvania so you never know. I would like to know what ryan has to say about the cd he has left feedback for, and how it compares to his other touris cd. believe me, if I found out something strange I would not pay for the cd, and would shout it from the highest rooftop and let everyone know. but your "evidence" is based on assumption. you obviously have not ever got lucky and scored several rare cd's your self that no one else has, but let me tell you it is exciting. you said you had won the cd from this guy, what is your user id on ebay, so I can check to see you actually won it from this guy, and aren't just trying to damage his business?? where did you see one? did the seller email you a scan or what?? also, I agree with jlprocks, just because this guy was selling a radiator hose, and not cd's, does not alarm me at all. in fact, to me that makes him more legit, at least on the surface. bootleggers or sellers of boots tend to have others they boot, or have access to. so that is a bogus arguement. as soon as I hear from ryan I will respond. one more thing, you are wrong if you think the band does not have anymore of these cd's, I have talked with 2 bandmembers of Touris and they have more, but they know they are going for $200 a pop, so they don't want to give them away at the moment. when your arguement consists of "what are the chances of someone having this cd" you need to get more facts. thanks!

Jim, chill! :lol: What, you don't see the humor here?? :wacko: My own feedback is pretty hilarious... a pair of Seven jeans, then an antenna tester the next day! Oh yeah, can't forget the juicer amongst all the CD's too... :P

Also, I just noticed this guys third to the last feedback was left by another friend of mine, steve (rockcds4u2), and he was very happy with his purchase, their other touris cd, the chrismas disc. I am going to talk with Ryan, but this is sounding like a "witch hunt" to me. JLProcks may have been right, the conspiracy police are working overtime once again. but will confirm this with steve and ryan. more to follow.......

Well, I don't know if Ryan has opened it or what?  Or maybe he didn't have an original to compare it to...?  *BUT* I can tell you that I have seen an opened one from this seller, and it's a boot, unless the one I owned from around 1995 or 1996 is a boot, whcih I highly doubt...  Not to mention, this seller claims to have gotten many CD's from from a "Vending" show (notorious for boots, especially if all of a sudden there are many of a real rare CD that the band doesn't even have no more)...  What are the chances of a bunch of unopened Touris CD's ending up in Las Vegas, at a vending show?  Not to mention if he got so much music why is he only selling Touris CD's and that's it, nothing else, and previous feedback that doesn't have to do with music/CD's...!  :banana:

also, I agree with jlprocks, just because this guy was selling a radiator hose, and not cd's, does not alarm me at all. in fact, to me that makes him more legit, at least on the surface.

Mike, I was the one that made the smart-ass remark about the radiator hose. Sorry if I pissed you off with that - I really just thought it was kind of funny. :( Who knows, maybe the guy is a member of the band and moved to Vegas (and happened to have an extra radiator hose lying around)... :P

also rnrfun, you are also wrong that this guy's previous feedback has nothing to do with music/cd's, the feedback comment left prior to metal mayhems, was regarding and AC/DC cd, so that was another incorrect statement you made. more FACTS to follow........

Also, I just noticed this guys third to the last feedback was left by another friend of mine, steve (rockcds4u2), and he was very happy with his purchase, their other touris cd, the chrismas disc. I am going to talk with Ryan, but this is sounding like a "witch hunt" to me. JLProcks may have been right, the conspiracy police are working overtime once again. but will confirm this with steve and ryan. more to follow.......

Christine, no problem here, it is funny to see what other's sell, why in my early days I was selling rocks on ebay, yes, rocks, no shit. I took pictures of rocks from my area, and listed them on ebay. you would not believe the rock collectors that were emailing me, and buying them, now I did not make any cash really, but I see the humor. to my knowledge this guy is not in the band, but he is from NY and is living there now, he says he found the discs in vegas, but he is in NY, where the band is from. again, I am not defending the seller, but I just cannot find any "shady"aspects as of yet. more to follow.....

also, I agree with jlprocks, just because this guy was selling a radiator hose, and not cd's, does not alarm me at all. in fact, to me that makes him more legit, at least on the surface.

Mike, I was the one that made the smart-ass remark about the radiator hose. Sorry if I pissed you off with that - I really just thought it was kind of funny. :( Who knows, maybe the guy is a member of the band and moved to Vegas (and happened to have an extra radiator hose lying around)... :P

That was cute!!....and you're right, Chris....I was just laughing about the whole *in my best John Kerry voice* "This is a bootleg seller.....don't buy from him. I have a plan....I mean an original. Blah..blah...blah.." without all the chips being put on the table.

Hell...all I know is I sold MY original Touris about a year or so ago for like $65 to Ripper. In hindsight.....BIG MISTAKE!! LOL But....as happens, the HYPE for the cd wasn't as big back then and no one really knew of it...so it only garnered that much *although I knew I could have asked for a bit more*.

Here is an update on the Touris cd's:

I talked with Ryan at Metal Mayhem and he sees no difference with the original in question and his original from years back. also talked with one of the other bidders on the touris christmas cd, his is original and looks good. For me this closes the case, I have paid for mine today, and am excited to get it. just wanted to let you guys know. take care!

That was cute!!....and you're right, Chris....I was just laughing about the whole *in my best John Kerry voice* "This is a bootleg seller.....don't buy from him. I have a plan....I mean an original. Blah..blah...blah.." without all the chips being put on the table.

Hell...all I know is I sold MY original Touris about a year or so ago for like $65 to Ripper. In hindsight.....BIG MISTAKE!! LOL But....as happens, the HYPE for the cd wasn't as big back then and no one really knew of it...so it only garnered that much *although I knew I could have asked for a bit more*.

Here is an update on the Touris cd's:

I talked with Ryan at Metal Mayhem and he sees no difference with the original in question and his original from years back.  also talked with one of the other bidders on the touris christmas cd, his is original and looks good. For me this closes the case, I have paid for mine today, and am excited to get it. just wanted to let you guys know. take care!

VERY cool! Thanks for all the info you've provided on this matter Mike. :drink:

Yep...now it's time for me to get that Christmas cd!!! Or Mike...maybe you can get one for me.............puweeze??!!! haha

Hey JLProcks, was that a hint you want the christmas cd?? it was very subtle, LOL, already working on it. take care! Michael

Yep...now it's time for me to get that Christmas cd!!! Or Mike...maybe you can get one for me.............puweeze??!!! haha

Anamal, excactly what I was thinking! I don't think it will work though, LOL, take care!

could this person just be trying to get the cd himself at a lower price..HUH, just a thought!