New Adriangale Album

T-BONE

Patiently awaiting my copy from NEH Records (since I REFUSE to send money directly to Kivel anymore). 

EXACTLY!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually go through a guy named Brett Harling on eBay. He's easy to deal with and ships very quickly!

Harlings

I usually go through a guy named Brett Harling on eBay. He's easy to deal with and ships very quickly!

Harlings

I've dealt with him MANY times........he's the greatest!!! Always very gracious, and sends the nicest emails!!! :D

OK, I'm getting ready to get CRUNCHed; got mine in the mail today! :banger:

My full review of the new CD

ADRIANGALE - CRUNCH

Let me say off the top that I love this CD. This has to be one of the best albums in the last 10 years. If only the likes of Bon Jovi and Def Leppard had the guts to write and play like this still. Jamie’s voice is sounding as good as I have ever heard it and that goes back a decade. Vic’s playing and writing is great. He should be in the top tier of songwriters in the melodic rock field today. His name should be known to the masses. Def Leppard would do good to take notice. His solos have such a great feel to them like Richie Sambora, they hit you perfect. Vic’s drum playing is solid. Scott’s bass sets an infectious groove throughout the entire album and sounds mixed prefect. Last but not least Scott Miller---He lives up to the promise. Scott brings a fresh kick to the band and a great style. the best I can explain is the flair and flash of C.C. Deville with the precision and technique of Zakk Wylde.

The total sound of the CD if basically perfect. Great layers, hooks, sing along chouses and the mix is amazing. no need to read the lyrics because the music and Jamie’s voice have a prefect mix and clarity you can hear every word. If Def Leppard heard this they would be jealous.

Breaking The Stride---nice introduction to the CD. sets a good tone and you can feel what is to come.

Crunch--I’m not use to waiting so long for the chorus to kick in but it works. The little Feel The Fire riff in the middle of it reminds us how far the band has progressed. Very nice song and feel

Faith---Amazing song. Smacks you in the face and doesn’t stop. Love the lyrics and the message it has. maybe the best new rock song I have heard in 8 years, or at least since Steel Dragon’s songs on the Rock Star soundtrack.

Without A Moments Notice -- What a song. A power ballad for the ages. if it was 1989 this would have ruled dial MTv for weeks on end. I have a friend who can’t listen to the song because of the line ‘and the one you swore devotion doesn’t want you round” It just tears him up. Six years ago this would have been “my theme song” because it seemed like everything was falling down around me. Now with my wife having a baby in less than 8 weeks the song takes on a total different meaning. make every moment count for something.

Tougher Than It Looks -- another great song on a CD full of great songs. I like the lyrics a lot but I always stumble on the lyrics “Lion’s den of crooks” I find myself singing “Lion’s Den Of Thieves” almost every time, I can’t stop myself and I don’t know why. LOL.

When In Rome -- to me this is the swagger song on the CD. It took me a couple of spins to warm up to this one but now I really like it. Some spots just give me a deja vu feel of Guardian.

Long Gone -- nice rocker with a great groove. Love the sing a long chorus that kicks in. Love the Over, Said and Done whispers. I know a couple of people I would like to dedicate this to.

The Thin Line -- This one fight’s to be called the best song on the album. I love the “cruchier” feel to the song. this is where I think of Zakk Wylde the most. It has a great feel to the song. kind of angry and dark but signature AdrianGale at the same time. I love the aggressive feel to the song. Maybe the rest of the melodic rock bands should get out of the way.

Question -- this one is still the low point on the CD for me. the more I listen to it the more I like it, though it has taken a while to grow on me. This isn’t a bad song at all, just compared to the other songs that rate between 98%-100% this one is just ok.

Freedom --Good & Bad. I love the dedication, love the sound of the instrumental. overall it is very solid. kind of “Top Gun’ish” but who to say that is a bad thing. a very solid piece of playing. love when two guitar’s solo together. Hey, I’m a huge Skynyrd fan (3 guitar attack) and the twin attack of Night Ranger. Now for the bad. I’m not much for instrumentals. To open a CD with a kickin’ instrumental is ok but just MY personal taste instrumentals don’t do much for me especially in the middle of a disc, just breaks up the feel and flow but like i said that is just me.

This Time -- I saw someplace that said Shania Twain meet’s Bryan Adams. Almost perfect but I have to throw Trixter in there too. What a great, fun, happy poppy song. Great for blasting with the top down on a summer night in a candy apple red 66 Mustang.

Last Call -- Wow, what a way to end the album. It took me a couple of spins but it hit me. It is typical AG material but I also get an early Danger Danger feel to the song. Kind of a D2 melodic ballad, Which makes this one of my favorite songs too. After the song end’s all I want is MORE but alas, I have to start the CD over and do it all again.

Guy’s, I love this CD. If only the “big name” bands would put this kind of effort into a CD they might still be a larger market for “our kind of music”. I raise my glass and toast one of the band’s that still carry a torch for great fun rock with a positive message, sing along songs and the spirit of being “free”.

Thank you for a great batch of songs.

• 3 weeks later...

"CRUNCH" is being featured on The Classic Metal Show with Neeley tomorrow night 6/12 at 9:00 pm EST!!!

Vic Rivera will also be giving an on air interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Tune in and check it out!!!!! :D

Visit The Classic Metal Show @ www.theclassicmetalshow.com

and don't forget us @ www.theloudestrock.com

To tune in and listen to us @ www.live365.com/stations/232823

I can't wait!!!!!!!! :jump:

• 2 months later...

:o WoooooooooHooooooooo!!! I've got that one as an 8X10 framed, actually... :D

:jump: Yeah......I love that one!!!! :P

Thanks James!!!! ;):D This just made my day!!! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

adriangale-live.jpg

From MelodicRock.com:

Adriangale will release their first ever live album December 15 through Kivel Records. This press release just in from the label:

Back in August of '03, Adriangale was to perform a show in Virginia which was to be recorded live. Unfortunately, as with life in general, circumstances arise to keep things from working out the way they should. A cancelled show, no refund on a hotel, a new guitarist, or possibly not enough Diet Coke for Jamie. Who knows?? Well - Jamie was in town, the band was ready to go...what do you do? You Make your Own Show! We rented out a NY warehouse for the night, invited some friends down, made some noise and committed it to tape for release. The CD was to be released that fall, then as usual...things happen! Live Program was pushed back in exchange for the unveiling of Crunch. After a LOT of emails, questions and letters as to when it would be released, we are ready to get programmed once again. What you hear is what you get - all of the fun, warts and all! We hope you will enjoy listening to it as much as we did doing it! Available Dec 15th!!

The first 100 pre orders will be SIGNED by members of the band! Pre-order your copy NOW just in time for the holidays! WebLink: http://www.kivelrecords.com

I'm not a fan of live albums to begin with......but taping it in a wherehouse with some 'friends'...haha..that sounds like something KISS would do for one of their 'live' albums!!

Live albums are cheap cash-ins anyway..............

I'm not the world's biggest fan of live discs either, but I will probably break down and pick this one up....as for "cashing in", look for Kivel Records to cash in on the AdrianGale name as much as possible over the next 12-18 months, as the band as we know it is finished. Jamie Rowe confirmed that he had worked on his last AdrianGale album in this interview at Metal Sludge: Jamie Rowe Sludge Interview

Even though Jamie has always just been the "hired gun" for AdrianGale, as far as I'm concerned, without him on vox, the AG sound is gone....

The live CD is ready to come out in December, and look for a "Best of..." CD, and quite possibly a "Demos & Outtakes" type CD of AdrianGale material in the next year or so....I'd almost bet on it.... <_<

• 2 months later...

From MelodicRock.com:

Adriangale's delayed "Live Program" album will hit the Kivel Records warehouse late next week. Copies will begin shipping Monday week. The track listing for the CD is: Intro . Reap What You Sow . Over Said N Done . Save Our Love . Still Burning . Part of Me . IF . Giving It Up . Rifageddon . Mission Man . Heartbreak Guaranteed . Runaway . Closer . Feel The Fire . All My Heart (Unreleased Track) . Closer (Alternate Mix)

adriangale-live.jpg

I'll be getting it, and I don't care if it was recorded in a warehouse, whorehouse or outhouse. Just so the band is getting their share of the royalties. They deserve the support IMO. :banger:

I'll be getting it, and I don't care if it was recorded in a warehouse, whorehouse or outhouse.  Just so the band is getting their share of the royalties.  They deserve the support IMO. :banger:

:lol: LMAO......I got a good laugh out of that one!!!! An OUTHOUSE??? ACK!!! :lol:

I'll be getting it, and I don't care if it was recorded in a warehouse, whorehouse or outhouse.  Just so the band is getting their share of the royalties.  They deserve the support IMO. :banger:

:lol: LMAO......I got a good laugh out of that one!!!! An OUTHOUSE??? ACK!!! :lol:

I'm thinking if it's recorded in an outhouse, it's likely to sound like sh*t. Or is that smell like....hmmmmmmm

I'm thinking if it's recorded in an outhouse, it's likely to sound like sh*t. Or is that smell like....hmmmmmmm

I don't know...I hear the Crap-Tacular brand outhouses have very good accoustics! :band:

4x4outhouse2.jpg

Wooohoooo!!!  Just got a phone call tellin' me to go look here........ http://www.melodicrock.com/bestof/2004.html

Check out who's number four!!! :dance:

Yeah, that's like pretty cool and stuff, but then again, Rick Springfield's S.D.A.A is ranked above Tesla's - Into the Now, Pink Cream 69's - Thunderdome, and Jaded Heart's - Trust, so how serious can ya take these "awards"? :P

Wooohoooo!!!  Just got a phone call tellin' me to go look here........ http://www.melodicrock.com/bestof/2004.html

Check out who's number four!!! :dance:

Yeah, that's like pretty cool and stuff, but then again, Rick Springfield's S.D.A.A is ranked above Tesla's - Into the Now, Pink Cream 69's - Thunderdome, and Jaded Heart's - Trust, so how serious can ya take these "awards"? :P

Good point. Opinions ARE like assholes, aren't they? I wasn't sure if it was just Andrew's choices.....or if it was voted on or what.

Still....I thought it was pretty cool.

Oh, it's VERY cool....if you'll think back, AdrianGale - Crunch was in a lot of the HH members' Top Ten Lists for 2004, including mine:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...opic=3291&st=0#

:banger: