Best Melodic/Hard Rock Indy/Small Label Release

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know that this is just a sampling of some of the GREAT indy/small label releases to be found, but I think these will give us a good start! :banger:

For me, Concrete Jungle,Rock Candy, and Sage are all pretty close, BUT the songs from Luv n' Lust just seem to stay with me better than the others.

:D

Great poll! Although I lean towards Sgt. Roxx a bit more than any of those listed but I went with Concrete Jungle!! It was a tough call though!! *I love the Sage as well! *

I voted for CONCRETE JUNGLE, though I suspect if I heard all of ROCK CANDY's tunes I might give them the edge (anyone want to hook me up with a CDR?). I also think FRANCE: "Lay it on Me" kicks some serious ass (and that's probably the last time you'll hear anyone use the word "France" and "kicks ass" in the same sentence) with "Dangerous Waters" being an absolutely fantastic ballad.

As always, just my two cents' worth.

Keep the faith.

Mark

Great Poll, I really didn't have a hard decision to make at all, Sage does it for me anytime.... they have great music, as well as, musicians. This CD just flat out ROCKS...........my six and five year old rocks to it daily,LOL, hopefully that says something about the future and where kids might take REAL music once again over the CRAP they listen to nowdays...............

• 1 year later...

The CONCRETE JUNGLE is a good disc, but not quite my thing. HOTBOY for me, all the way. Only 5 tunes but all killer.

I went with Jillson for 3 reasons.

1. Tommy Paris' voice is just awesome

2. The songs kick ass

3. I still correspond with Jamie Borden. He is so cool, and takes time to reply to my emails. You gotta respect a guy who will do that.

It was Rock Candy all the way until the bottom of the list where Hotboy sat. Had to choose that one because as Tim (2) says, every song is brilliant.

Of the rest, I love Rock Candy and think that's great, Concrete Jungle starts off great but fades off towards the end, never got into Jillson, Sage or TLC at all, never heard France or Spiced Ice, Theatre is a great one and would have been 3rd choice, Tin Drum are great too. :) But yeah, IMO Hot Boy easily the best.

...never heard France...

:omg: Geoff, you don't know what you're missing. Get yourself a copy mucho pronto. If you aren't impressed, I promise to...well, actually, I don't promise to do jackshit, but you should still get yourself a copy! :woot:

i havnt heard any of these.... am i missing out?

HUGE Missing Out...Sell your kids.... :lol:

thatd mean id need to make some first.... could be interesting...

Keep me posted........ :woot:

Would you mind recording the process for me? I'll supply the video camera.

Would you mind recording the process for me? I'll supply the video camera.

anyone keen on supplying the female???

Wow, Jillson is winning??? Is that because many have heard that and not the others, or is that genuinely preferred to the rest? To each their own I guess...

• 2 years later...